Random Stuffs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Would be so much awesome if they were googly, but fixed felt instead. Fun side note, I used to put googly eyes on props in my old job that would go unnoticed and made it into some shots. lol
An old coworker of mine at the dorm front desk once spent an entire shift putting googly eyes on every office supply we had. I'm still finding them years after he graduated and left.

I also have a green cowboy hat with a mustache and googly eyes on it that I bring to parties sometimes. Whoever is drunkest must wear the hat.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
An old coworker of mine at the dorm from the desk once spent an entire shift putting googly eyes on every office supply we had. I'm still finding them years after he graduated and left.

I also have a green cowboy hat with a mustache and googly eyes on it that I bring to parties sometimes. Whoever is drunkest must wear the hat.
At my friend's party, they had a pinwheel that they gave to the drunkest person...

So yeah I had that pinwheel all night. It was incredibly fascinating to see the colors spin.

Reactions: 2 users
An old coworker of mine at the dorm from the desk once spent an entire shift putting googly eyes on every office supply we had. I'm still finding them years after he graduated and left.

My undergrad had a "googly eye bandit" a few years ago that would go around sticking googly eyes on posters and things around campus. I wanted to be friends with them, but alas, I never found out who it was.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
At my friend's party, they had a pinwheel that they gave to the drunkest person...

So yeah I had that pinwheel all night. It was incredibly fascinating to see the colors spin.
We did some ceremonial passings of the hat. There was often cheering, chanting, or booing involved when it was passed.

Reactions: 1 user
We did some ceremonial passings of the hat. There was often cheering, chanting, or booing involved when it was passed.
Ahh we probably would've done that, but that would've required tequila cdo to not be the drunkest. Also to give up posession of that pinwheel. I still have it somewhere, but tequila cdo broke it that night by hitting someone with it when they tried to cut her off.

Ahh we probably would've done that, but that would've required tequila cdo to not be the drunkest. Also to give up posession of that pinwheel. I still have it somewhere, but tequila cdo broke it that night by hitting someone with it when they tried to cut her off.
:eyebrow:

To be fair you can't just cut ridiculously drunk people off unless you want to be in a drunk fight, you have to trick them into stopping. Lots of my friends have done many a water shot under my supervision lol

Reactions: 3 users
To be fair you can't just cut ridiculously drunk people off unless you want to be in a drunk fight, you have to trick them into stopping. Lots of my friends have done many a water shot under my supervision lol
Exactly! So tequila cdo has a really bad habit of whenever people give me water to drink, if we're outside, just dumping it out on the grass when they're not paying attention. Then she's like "finished my water. tequila again!" and if they ask her about it, she just laughs and shrinks away... I don't regularly do that, but I have no control over her.

Exactly! So tequila cdo has a really bad habit of whenever people give me water to drink, if we're outside, just dumping it out on the grass when they're not paying attention. Then she's like "finished my water. tequila again!" and if they ask her about it, she just laughs and shrinks away... I don't regularly do that, but I have no control over her.
I supervise all of my drunk wards pretty closely, so that wouldn't fly.

Reactions: 1 users
I supervise all of my drunk wards pretty closely, so that wouldn't fly.
tenor.gif

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I want to drink with you guys. You sound fun. lol.

And these gifs are on point.

she's already been in the bar. She was on rabb.it, remember? She told us that she wanted to "bump that s***" and that we're legends and that she was "boutta get on mic n sing. someone sing with [her]"
I mean, same name, different person. BUT I DID THINK IT WAS HER BC OF THE NAME THO. I was so confused

I bought my rabbits a cardboard cat scratcher/lounger thing a few weeks ago. I opened it up tonight and out drops this small bag of catnip. If cops were to execute a raid on my house at this moment, I would have a hard time explaining why I have a dime bag sitting on my table.

Reactions: 8 users
she's already been in the bar. She was on rabb.it, remember? She told us that she wanted to "bump that s***" and that we're legends and that she was "boutta get on mic n sing. someone sing with [her]"

I mean, same name, different person. BUT I DID THINK IT WAS HER BC OF THE NAME THO. I was so confused

Wait a minute, I have a doppleganger? Am I reading this right?

Wait a minute, I have a doppleganger? Am I reading this right?
IM CRYINGGGGGGGG CDO APPARENTLY ACCIDENTALLY PRESSED SOME BUTTON THAT SHOWED EVERYONE IN THE WORLD THAT WE WERE ROCKING OUT TO JONAS BROTHERS AND TWO RANDOS JOINED AND I AM CRYINGGGGGG @cdoconn @finnickthedog
View attachment 214353
first name same, assumed you because i thought cdo had put the link on sdn, BUT APPARENTLY SHE MADE IT A PUBLIC ROOM AND ALLOWED ANYONE TO ENTER

Sorry to rattle off of an unrelated convo from way up the page, I couldn't resist cause there were truth bombs.

I can really relate to this line:
I had this one big goal and if I didn't achieve it, everyone would know I was a failure.
And all that stuff about having been following this particular path since childhood--It pretty much sums up the line of thinking I had in undergrad.
As an undergraduate, my greatest fear was failure. Every time I struggled, all I could think about was the possibility of failing at my goal, disappointing everyone (or really just disappointing myself, by not being able to go as "far" as I wanted to). Back then I sometimes wished I didn't want this, that I could be satisfied with getting a BS and be done with it--then I wouldn't have to deal with the extra academic pressure from parents and professional school. But I did/do still want this, so I pushed on.

Now...haha, I don't even really worry about "failure" anymore, but I do fear falling behind into a slump. 3 years out of undergrad, 2 application attempts...I already knew this cycle was pretty much over for me and didn't mind, was already anticipating a 3rd. Once I got the final confirmation last week, though, something set in all at once. It hit me that I'll definitely have to spend yet another year on another application. That's only after I finish this semester, the 2nd of 4, for a second degree which I pursued to help improve said applications. And then once my attempts are successful, I'll have to go through at least 4 more years of schooling to finally reach the endpoint goal (of...working). So I guess my question wasn't so much "is this the path I truly want", but more "what am I doing and what is the point of it all?"
I'll be turning 25 late next month, and have essentially spent my lifetime in school. I'm not getting any younger. I wanted to get on with life and pursue my career goal, but I also found the idea physically and emotionally exhausting (school...gather materials...apply...more school). Still didn't desire to change that goal though, so I felt stuck in some kind of catch-22. I spent a night full of those defeatist thoughts, but the next day once my head was cleared, I decided "you know what? yeah, I can do it. I'm doing it." I can make it through another week, month, year and app, just like I did the last. Whatever happens after that will happen, but for now I can just focus on this school, and outside interests, until next app cycle rolls around and I can feel great about how far I've come since my undergrad days.

aaaand dang, didn't mean for it to get this thick. It's almost 2am and I have kennel duty at 7 but :ninja:

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Deva, you killed it last semester. You're going to be great. I'm so looking forward to reading your acceptance posts here when you get in!

They accidentally made their chat room public and someone with the same first name as you popped in. :p

apparently. You'd be proud that your doppleganger loves Jonas Brothers.

first name same, assumed you because i thought cdo had put the link on sdn, BUT APPARENTLY SHE MADE IT A PUBLIC ROOM AND ALLOWED ANYONE TO ENTER

Guys, you know my last name even better than my first name. Come on, now.

I just unsubscribed to like 13 places I get emails from. Why tf don't I do that note often then just being annoyed and letting my inbox fill up forever?

Sorry to rattle off of an unrelated convo from way up the page, I couldn't resist cause there were truth bombs.

I can really relate to this line:

And all that stuff about having been following this particular path since childhood--It pretty much sums up the line of thinking I had in undergrad.
As an undergraduate, my greatest fear was failure. Every time I struggled, all I could think about was the possibility of failing at my goal, disappointing everyone (or really just disappointing myself, by not being able to go as "far" as I wanted to). Back then I sometimes wished I didn't want this, that I could be satisfied with getting a BS and be done with it--then I wouldn't have to deal with the extra academic pressure from parents and professional school. But I did/do still want this, so I pushed on.

Now...haha, I don't even really worry about "failure" anymore, but I do fear falling behind into a slump. 3 years out of undergrad, 2 application attempts...I already knew this cycle was pretty much over for me and didn't mind, was already anticipating a 3rd. Once I got the final confirmation last week, though, something set in all at once. It hit me that I'll definitely have to spend yet another year on another application. That's only after I finish this semester, the 2nd of 4, for a second degree which I pursued to help improve said applications. And then once my attempts are successful, I'll have to go through at least 4 more years of schooling to finally reach the endpoint goal (of...working). So I guess my question wasn't so much "is this the path I truly want", but more "what am I doing and what is the point of it all?"
I'll be turning 25 late next month, and have essentially spent my lifetime in school. I'm not getting any younger. I wanted to get on with life and pursue my career goal, but I also found the idea physically and emotionally exhausting (school...gather materials...apply...more school). Still didn't desire to change that goal though, so I felt stuck in some kind of catch-22. I spent a night full of those defeatist thoughts, but the next day once my head was cleared, I decided "you know what? yeah, I can do it. I'm doing it." I can make it through another week, month, year and app, just like I did the last. Whatever happens after that will happen, but for now I can just focus on this school, and outside interests, until next app cycle rolls around and I can feel great about how far I've come since my undergrad days.

aaaand dang, didn't mean for it to get this thick. It's almost 2am and I have kennel duty at 7 but :ninja:
You sound determined and truly interested in veterinary medicine as your career. I know it must feel painfully frustrating and disppointing to have to endure another cycle, etc. You're definitely not a failure. No way. Like many others on SDN, I understand your sense of frustration. Just wanted to say I admire your passion and perseverance; and I wish you the very best and hope you get into vet med school! :)

Guys, you know my last name even better than my first name. Come on, now.
When you make an account it automatically puts your first name as what shows up when you're in a room. Most people have changed it since then, but some people don't. Caiter still has hers as her "real" name (still not convinced her birth certificate doesnt just say Caiter)

When you make an account it automatically puts your first name as what shows up when you're in a room. Most people have changed it since then, but some people don't. Caiter still has hers as her "real" name (still not convinced her birth certificate doesnt just say Caiter)
If this is true then I'm off the hook for that one time I spelled her name wrong! Sweet.

If this is true then I'm off the hook for that one time I spelled her name wrong! Sweet.

Weirdos. I'm just lazy and signed up with Facebook since I'm friends with all of you on there anyway :p

Okay, I gotcha. There are about a bazillion of me in the fourth year here (which makes sense since the most popular year for my name was the year I was born, which would traditionally the class of 18)

Thanks PBC, Dr S, and everyone. I've said this a lot but the SDN community has been a HUGE help for the last year and a half I've been on it--both the encouragement and the hard realism. I don't really have access to this level of vet Med support/info in real life, so it's great to be able to see and share experiences like this. I all of you

Also, why didn't I think to start buying/packing the premade iced coffee stuff for kennel duty sooner? Not a big coffee person but I feel 100x better compared to last semester.

On a totally unrelated note, met @pinkpuppy9 for the first time yesterday. Months of sitting in classrooms across the hall and never managed to run into her until yesterday.

Reactions: 11 users
On a totally unrelated note, met @pinkpuppy9 for the first time yesterday. Months of sitting in classrooms across the hall and never managed to run into her until yesterday.
:laugh: and what did we do? Immediately start complaining about first year life

Reactions: 4 users
:laugh: and what did we do? Immediately start complaining about first year life

I loved that the other first year thought you were also a first year. You know your class is too big when....

I loved that the other first year thought you were also a first year. You know your class is too big when....
I appreciated it, since each year of vet school makes you age like five years. I also appreciated that some of your class apparently thinks my class got a curve each quarter.

I appreciated it, since each year of vet school makes you age like five years. I also appreciated that some of your class apparently thinks my class got a curve each quarter.

I feel like our two years are the two siblings that talk crap about each other during our teenage years and the third years are the late teen siblings that act like they're an only child. lol.

I feel like our two years are the two siblings that talk crap about each other during our teenage years and the third years are the late teen siblings that act like they're an only child. lol.
Lol..don't even get me started on the **** talking

Any vet-specific podcasts out there that are worthwhile to download?