Random Stuffs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@DVMDream

BF3C3F5F-3AB4-4A10-8A50-977D6FAB57F5.jpeg

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Two classes taught by one of my favorite profs from undergrad, including one that I took and loved, are the subject of a fox news opinion piece about the evil liberal arts agenda.

Snowflakes! Idolatry! Academically rigorous analysis of contemporary and historical biblical commentary regarding gender and sexuality! OH WHAT HORROR.
:lol:

Reactions: 3 users
Sounds like an interesting class! They'd have had a field day with the Women in World Literature class I took years ago, I'm sure.

Reactions: 1 user
Shamelessly stealing this after seeing it on @batsenecal 's facebook, but

the comments on this facebook post about self service gas pumps in Oregon is bringing me great joy tonight

My mom and I were dying!!!

They were talking about this on the radio this morning and I just got offended because the radio hosts said that our area doesn't even have full serve (I'm a gas attendant at a full serve station ;) ).

People don't like change and sometimes it is especially hilarious. :laugh:

Any recommendations on best places to buy a bed frame? (If they deliver to Oklahoma, it’d be even better) My apartment for next year isn’t furnished, and a bed frame is one of the few things left on my list. (Online works too)

Members don't see this ad :)
Any recommendations on best places to buy a bed frame? (If they deliver to Oklahoma, it’d be even better) My apartment for next year isn’t furnished, and a bed frame is one of the few things left on my list. (Online works too)
Goodwill, no seriously I just got all sorts of crazy deals. The bed frames there were the same kind I bought brand new at the furniture store for several hundred dollars :laugh:

Reactions: 1 users
@cdoconn you can check out the local assistance leagues in your area. They often have used furniture (and other household goods) in good condition and for very low prices.

Or ... you can get a sleeping bag! :cat:

I looked at ikea, I’m really just not a fan of their merchandise. It’s nice, but it always feels cheaply made and falls apart too quickly imo
Goodwill, no seriously I just got all sorts of crazy deals. The bed frames there were the same kind I bought brand new at the furniture store for several hundred dollars :laugh:
I might check that out!
@cdoconn you can check out the local assistance leagues in your area. They often have used furniture (and other household goods) in good condition and for very low prices.

Or ... you can get a sleeping bag! :cat:
assistance leagues?

Hahahaha will pass on the sleeping bag though hahaha

We just added another person to our reception team at the clinic. She knew that one of us was pregnant, but maybe she hadn't actually met that coworker yet- I don't know how the confusion happened, but she congratulated me and asked when I'm due.

I guess it's time to cut back on the holiday goodies? :laugh: :arghh:

We just added another person to our reception team at the clinic. She knew that one of us was pregnant, but maybe she hadn't actually met that coworker yet- I don't know how the confusion happened, but she congratulated me and asked when I'm due.

Uhhh...... :laugh:

You can always do local craigslist. College students are always selling off stuff. Our goodwill is not a great place for that kind of thing. It sucks in general in my opinion, but I was also super spoiled from the LA goodwills. haha

Reaffirms my general opinion that the only time it's okay to assume someone is pregnant is if you can literally see the child coming out.

Reactions: 2 users
You can always do local craigslist. College students are always selling off stuff. Our goodwill is not a great place for that kind of thing. It sucks in general in my opinion, but I was also super spoiled from the LA goodwills. haha
Ooh Craigslist is good! Yeahh our Goodwill isn’t great. I’ve been in there a couple times, and am generally disappointed

My friend's big ol' blockhead dog ran into my face with her face and now I look like I might've spent my snow day getting into a fistfight. I really hope the bruising isn't too bad tomorrow!

My friend's big ol' blockhead dog ran into my face with her face and now I look like I might've spent my snow day getting into a fistfight. I really hope the bruising isn't too bad tomorrow!
My friend's dog broke her nose that way! It was a nasty break too, it never looked the same again.

I hate it when I over nap and miss the delivery window for non-pizza places. Greek or Chinese food sounds much better to me at the moment, probably because I ordered pizza already once this week.

Ooh Craigslist is good! Yeahh our Goodwill isn’t great. I’ve been in there a couple times, and am generally disappointed

Knowing where you are, there's a Habitat ReStore that has some things. It has really weird hours so make sure you check before you go.

Also Wall's randomly has awesome things interspersed amongst a lot of total crap. I bought so much stuff from that place over the years... down bedding, nice sheets, fancy dishes, clothes from Target, GAP, Eddie Bauer, Express, Lucky jeans, many pairs of Clarks and Danskos... a really nice Calphalon pan set... a KitchenAid food processor... And once, something like 12 boxes of 20lb TidyCat litter for like, $40. So yeah, plenty of good stuff, just not always.

Knowing where you are, there's a Habitat ReStore that has some things. It has really weird hours so make sure you check before you go.

Also Wall's randomly has awesome things interspersed amongst a lot of total crap. I bought so much stuff from that place over the years... down bedding, nice sheets, fancy dishes, clothes from Target, GAP, Eddie Bauer, Express, Lucky jeans, many pairs of Clarks and Danskos... a really nice Calphalon pan set... a KitchenAid food processor... And once, something like 12 boxes of 20lb TidyCat litter for like, $40. So yeah, plenty of good stuff, just not always.
Oh dang that’s insane. I’ll check them out

Any ideas for great (not too weird/creeptastic please) black mirror episodes for my SO and I to binge? We've watched USS Callister (loved it!) and Hang the D.J. (also loved it!) so far.

Any ideas for great (not too weird/creeptastic please) black mirror episodes for my SO and I to binge? We've watched USS Callister (loved it!) and Hang the D.J. (also loved it!) so far.
San Junipero is a must

ETA: Hated in the Nation is also really good.

I second the ones Dubz said, and I'd add Nosedive, Be Right Back, and The Entire History of You. The last two are a bit sad, but not too creepy IMO.

I second the ones Dubz said, and I'd add Nosedive, Be Right Back, and The Entire History of You. The last two are a bit sad, but not too creepy IMO.
Be Right Back is so sad. I loved White Bear but it's definitely more on the creepy end of things so maybe not the best first choice. Depends on your opinion about survival/apocalypse type horror

San Junipero is a must

ETA: Hated in the Nation is also really good.
Be Right Back is so sad. I loved White Bear but it's definitely more on the creepy end of things so maybe not the best first choice. Depends on your opinion about survival/apocalypse type horror

Thanks for the advice everyone!!! San Junipero and Nosedive were great! We will watch White Bear and Hated in the Nation soon!

So we branched out and watched a random one called"Playtest"... OMG. GUYS...

tenor.gif

Thanks for the advice everyone!!! San Junipero and Nosedive were great! We will watch White Bear and Hated in the Nation soon!

So we branched out and watched a random one called"Playtest"... OMG. GUYS...

tenor.gif
I really like Playtest! Also, Hated in the Nation is very good, but a bit long compared to other episodes, so be forewarned when you watch it. It doesn't really drag at all, but I feel like there are a couple moments where you're like "Is this Black Mirror? Why is this 90 minutes long?" lol

Simba is officially scheduled for a mass removal next Wednesday, the 17th

*And cue the anxiety*

I had 6 on my bed before I got my electric blanket. Now it's just 3. :D

My number of blankets is limited by my laziness. I try to make my bed every day, so just a comforter and a sheet. There's a quilt and a blanket on the sofa for Netflix cuddles though!