Random Stuffs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Saw star wars, was great!

mr9V7.gif
Oooo I saw it last night. Also agree.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Had a great time with gf at the Chief's game. Back in Manhattan for the night (KS not NY) and then to Wichita for the rest of the week. Enjoying a great!

I like Tundra best by the way.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else see that blurb sent into the Veterinary Confessionals Project on FB from a VMCVM student?

ETA: also cringed a little when their SAVMA chapter commented on the post to try and do damage control...

Did anyone else see that blurb sent into the Veterinary Confessionals Project on FB from a VMCVM student?

ETA: also cringed a little when their SAVMA chapter commented on the post to try and do damage control...
Never even heard of it. What was it?

Never even heard of it. What was it?
It's like PostSecret, but vet med.

You can find the FB page to read the whole thing, but basically a student expressing suicidal thoughts over the policies and scheduling the students are subjected to.

ER overnights are the roughest shifts for your body and schedule, but they put my confidence through the roof. Here I am and the buck stops with me in this large hospital at 2am because I'm IT. #internsrunhouse
Confidence, plus good things in my, albeit on the down low, love life and I feel invincible, but OTOH... No residency interview offers. Just gotta not think about it.

Reactions: 2 users
It's been two days since applications closed for grad school, and I'm sitting here like "anytime you guys wanna send out interview decisions, that's fine with me." :whistle:

But maybe I'm just a little impatient. :p

Reactions: 1 users
It's been two days since applications closed for grad school, and I'm sitting here like "anytime you guys wanna send out interview decisions, that's fine with me." :whistle:

But maybe I'm just a little impatient. :p
I would interview you for a position in my esteemed friendship program but you already got a spot early decision :biglove:

Reactions: 8 users
My guy, upon me being done with finals:
"I really wanted to do something nice for you, but I have like 3 dollars right now... I can't do a dozen roses, but..." *hands me a pack of 12 mustache stickers*

I plan on keeping him around. :love: :laugh:

Reactions: 7 users
Tomorrow I am going to go buy one of those giant beanbag sofas off of some craigslist person as part of my winter break efforts to rearrange my space for better studying, which means I have to figure out how to compress a 6 ft long, 4 ft tall beanbag into something that will fit in the back of my car. I think the seller is already a little nervous, but I am a [former] engineer: this is exactly the kind of stupid **** for which my education prepared me.

Reactions: 7 users
Tomorrow I am going to go buy one of those giant beanbag sofas off of some craigslist person as part of my winter break efforts to rearrange my space for better studying, which means I have to figure out how to compress a 6 ft long, 4 ft tall beanbag into something that will fit in the back of my car. I think the seller is already a little nervous, but I am a [former] engineer: this is exactly the kind of stupid **** for which my education prepared me.
I want pictures of this :p

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I own two of these (they're awesome and I keep encouraging others to get them, too) and its definitely... fitable in a normal car, but expect to break a sweat and massage it a lot.

@strider144 ... my cat has a bean bag couch of her own and she loves it.

Last edited:
Photojournal in spoilers. One of those pics might go poof at some point.
Got it in the car!

20171220_165013.jpg

Got it out of the car and halfway up the stairs!

20171220_212551.jpg

Got it... ah screw it, it can hang out on the first floor for tonight (housemate's cat for scale).

20171220_225501.jpg

Bonus pic: the seller's enormo, massively chill dog. I thing he's just real into oversized fluffy things.

20171220_161812.jpg

Reactions: 13 users
The bean bag is in my room (with the help of my housemate, who is herself 20 years older than me, my housemate's mom, and my housemate's mom's boyfriend to get it up the stairs) and I just found out that I passed my final from last week which did not feel like a sure thing and everything is good. Just need to rest before I start rearranging all the furniture. Woo exciting times!

Reactions: 8 users
I just left a box of candy outside the PI's office door because I didn't plan well, and I don't even know if he's in today since it's basically Christmas now. So . . . I'm hoping someone finds it and puts it somewhere where it won't be in the way. I should have brought it in earlier but, planning, not so good. :rolleyes:

Clicking on a past acquaintance’s LinkedIn (a not very well liked one) is awkward, especially when you’re signed in and don’t have it set to hide your details.

Who knew I could spend so many hours trying to find the perfect dog booties in my budget? I feel bad for my foster, it's cold af right now and we've got snow that's up to her belly. By the time we're done with her business, she's dancing on her feet because they're so cold. I found a decent pair today, the sole would have fit if the opening wasn't so narrow. Back to the drawing board...

In the run up to the new Christmas special, Space ran all of series 10 of Doctor Who which I hadn't really seen or gotten excited about because series 8 and 9 weren't fantastic (though even when he got **** writing I still liked Capaldi). I was pleasantly surprised. "World Enough and Time" and "The Doctor Falls" were absolutely magnificent and it was awesome to see John Simm back as the Master playing opposite Michelle Gomez's Missy.

Kind of both a rant and a rave, so let's make it a random....

Day 4 of me being in bed with a death plague. Everything hurts and I'm dying! Also day 4 of my young, hyperactive dog refusing to leave my side. She's curled up next to me, convinced that she can cure me if she just loves me enough. Good girl, Rowan!

Reactions: 5 users
Kind of both a rant and a rave, so let's make it a random....

Day 4 of me being in bed with a death plague. Everything hurts and I'm dying! Also day 4 of my young, hyperactive dog refusing to leave my side. She's curled up next to me, convinced that she can cure me if she just loves me enough. Good girl, Rowan!
So far my cats' contribution to my death plague has been stabbing me with her ridiculously pointy feet when I don't feed her early enough for her liking.

...I should get a dog.

Reactions: 6 users
So far my cats' contribution to my death plague has been stabbing me with her ridiculously pointy feet when I don't feed her early enough for her liking.

...I should get a dog.

I don't know. My dog scratches me (without regard for the safety of my head) when I don't feed her fast enough

...I should get a dog.
Thankfully my hubby has been keeping the critters fed. I'm not sure I could make it down the stairs without falling right now.... This sickness had better be gone before we go back to class on the 2nd!

I’m on day 11 of being sick. Just how I wanted to spend my entire winter break.

I tell my dog I'm going back to sleep for another hour and he curls up next to me and keeps me warm :) I'm glad he's fine sleeping til noon and eating whenever. And I just ignore my cats pleas

Reactions: 3 users
I’m on day 11 of being sick. Just how I wanted to spend my entire winter break.
I was on day 4 of wanting to die and went to urgent care after Christmas... surprise, pneumonia! Had no respiratory signs until the day before I went in, just a raging fever. **** sucks yo.

ALERT! ALERT!

SPECIAL EXCITING DEAL!!!!

I am selling my DVM!!! That is correct, skip veterinary school altogether and become a DVM. For the low, low cost of $450,000!!! That is ALL! This is a terrific offer! You get to skip the four years of pain and grueling tests and go straight to practicing medicine! And who really cares if you know what you are doing... the owner isn't going to listen to you anyway! This is such a great offer!!!

Please just PM me and I will get you all of the details and we can get the money transfer in progress!!!! :) :)

Reactions: 10 users
ALERT! ALERT!

SPECIAL EXCITING DEAL!!!!

I am selling my DVM!!! That is correct, skip veterinary school altogether and become a DVM. For the low, low cost of $450,000!!! That is ALL! This is a terrific offer! You get to skip the four years of pain and grueling tests and go straight to practicing medicine! And who really cares if you know what you are doing... the owner isn't going to listen to you anyway! This is such a great offer!!!

Please just PM me and I will get you all of the details and we can get the money transfer in progress!!!! :) :)
:barf:

Got myself the Sims 4 and the Cat/Dog expansion for Christmas since it was super discounted. According to this game, I'm going to be a terrible vet :thinking: