Rank list help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wegh

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
My list isn't as sexy as some others (Ive excluded a bunch that Im not considering as much). I am looking for the best training and hopefully low-ish cost of living

Wake forest
Henry Ford
Rush
Beaumont
Univ. of Florida (gainesville)
Northwell (Manhasset)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
My list isn't as sexy as some others (Ive excluded a bunch that Im not considering as much). I am looking for the best training and hopefully low-ish cost of living

Wake forest
Henry Ford
Rush
Beaumont
Univ. of Florida (gainesville)
Northwell (Manhasset)
I interviewed at wake forest and was very impressed by the program. The PD is amazing and the residents seem like they get trained very well. Only you can really decide on where you want to go, but if you don’t mind any of those locations I would consider Wake very highly. Can’t speak on the others though...

Reactions: 2 users
Wake Forest & UF are pretty similar in terms of being well-known, strong clinical training & fellowship placement, low cost-of-living, type of location. Both have what appeared to be supportive and engaged PDs. I'd pick between these two based on location and/or how you fit when you were there. My priorities were similar to yours and I ranked both highly above most of the other "sexy" interviews I received.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You will get great training at both Wake and UF. Wake likely has slightly more prestige in the radiology world. I would let the deciding factor be where you would rather live. NC and central Florida are very different places.

Lots of moonlighting and low cost of living at the Detroit programs, both give solid training and seemed very friendly! Probably don't carry as much name recognition outside the region, however.

Bump! Hope this is okay but I really appreciate all of your comments

IMO Wake > UF >>>> others. Life circumstances, single/married, etc. If interested in academics consider Wake or UF if PP, wherever. If PP-driven, consider if you'd be happy at whatever general location living and practicing.