Rank List?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcgiggles

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Need help comparing these programs. I am not overly concerned with reputation, but rather location and work environment

1)MUSC
2) Indiana
3) Michigan
4) Wake Forest
5) Duke

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Need help comparing these programs. I am not overly concerned with reputation, but rather location and work environment

1)MUSC
2) Indiana
3) Michigan
4) Wake Forest
5) Duke
They're similar in undesirability of location.

They're similar in undesirability of location.

Hahahaha.

Charleston is an amazing city. Didn't get an MUSC invite, but if I had it would be tempting to rank them highly just to live there.

Wake and Duke are both great programs for different things. It's really a question of private practice or academics. Location wise I'd give a slight edge to Wake.

Members don't see this ad :)

1)MUSC
2) Indiana
3) Michigan
4) Wake Forest
5) Duke

in my opinion for location,
MUSC > Duke > Wake = Mich >>> Indiana

Ann Arbor > Charleston > Indianapolis > Wake > Durham

Durham is only last due to location. Duke is a very good program, needless to say.

Only applied to the southern ones, will probably be ranking MUSC>Duke>Wake.

All great programs. Durham is not as bad as it used to be, but it's still no Charleston.

I think the best balance of location and work environment would be MUSC. Thought the residents had strong practical training and they really seemed like people I could get along with. Obviously they didn't seem as research oriented as the residents at Michigan or Duke, but that's not really what I'm looking for.

Thought Wake was a great program and their PD was one of my favorites on the trail. He didn't seem to hide the fact that they work harder than most. Winston seemed to be an alright place, nothing wrong wit hit but nothign about it that makes me rank Wake higher.