Rank Order List 2006

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For pimpjuice-
1. Northwestern
Northwestern is a strong, well-respected, academic medical center in Chicago. It has ample research funding. You will be well-trained. It is notorious for catering to VIP patients (location). The physical facilities are superb. While it may not the "strongest" program in Chicago (it's up for debate), it has a very high applicant volume due to its locatoin.
2. Mt. Sinai Chicago
Honestly don't know much about this program. Sub-optimal location, community program. But I do believe it's been bought out by NWU and the residency programs will combine in the next few years. This should help diversify the NWU experience.
3. If you're looking at those two polar opposites (community vs. academic), don't count out the other very strong programs in Chicago - Loyola, Rush, UIC, UChicago, etc. Hope this helps!
sd

Members don't see this ad.

Soon2BENT said:
did anyone else rank cincinnati?

1) UF
2) Mt Sinai
3) U of Cinci
4) U of I
5) MUSC
6) U of Washington

Cinci- I loved their program. Everyone was down to earth and the residents were so so friendly. If you're into tradition and history this place rocks.

Good luck tomorrow, everyone! Here to everybody getting one of their top three!

Members don't see this ad :)
BUMP.

So that people can more easily access this information for future reference.

Now that it's no longer jinxable...

1. OHSU*
2. Emory
3. Baylor (Houston)
4. Eastern Virginia
5. Jackson Memorial (Miami)
6. Virginia Mason
7. Georgetown
8. UC at Denver
9. U. Maryland
10. MUSC

*Matched here!

Tried to hit every corner of the (warm-ish) U.S. on each turn. (Just kidding--I didn't really do this, but it's weird how it turned out). Was surprised there weren't more people applying to EVMS (Eastern VA)--was there anyone else? It seems to be a hidden gem.