This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bobbyboucher

Reaction score
Hi all, obviously down to the wire here and I'm trying to turn over every stone I can. I am pretty solid on my rank list but agonizing over my top 3: Georgetown, Jefferson, and Umass.

I know they are all good programs, but I'm trying to figure out as much as I can about their weaknesses/potential shortcomings. It's hard to sus this kind of stuff out with all virtual interviews, and for the most part they all seem about as flawless as I could hope for.

Most important factors to me (and why these are top 3) are mostly QOL-related. Culture, hierarchy (or lack therof), schedule, mentorship, and location. I know location rankings are pretty obvious with DC>Philly>Worcester, but there are some family factors that just about level the playing field across all 3.

Not sure, but as of now the aim for me would probably be a breast fellowship, or potentially plastics. Trying to keep an open mind, though. Ultimately I want to enjoy my life with my partner/family (as much as possible as a surgical resident). Training is of course important, but AFAIK all 3 of these would be excellent training.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, TIA.

Members don't see this ad.

I guess add University of Rochester to that list too if anyone has thoughts on these 4.