Rant about it here .....Daily Rants.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rant: My boss just retired so now I'm out of a job. I really lucked out getting the job because I'm not an RDA and now I probably won't be able to find another assistant job here without it.

Rave: The organization I do my volunteering for now had a paid position open up that fits into my schedule doing what I'm already doing but with more responsibility.

Members don't see this ad.

Rant: Bored at work because my boss likes to hog everything to do and be Type A about everything. So looking on SDN forums. Got a call from one of my top schools the other day and now regrets not emphasizing that they are my top school. Going crazy over the forums- getting a call means you won't get in, highly likely you get in, etc, etc.

Yet I'm trying to calm other people down with their hysteria, I'm over here hysteria-ing like a crazy person.
What kind of work do you do? I thought the point of hiring employees is so the boss doesn't have to do everything, lol.

Congrats on the call!

Ok, so Nova invited me for an interview 3 days ago, the problem is, there are no available dates. They told me to keep checking the portal until I find an opening. I found an available date today, but I was driving & by the time I returned home it was gone.:oops:
I am so grateful about the interview, but I can't feel happy just yet as I don't have
a confirmed date!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
One of a patient wrote a review online couple weeks ago and it was about how bad the dental assistant was. I think she wrote about me. My dentist have told me that I’m a fast-learner and that I assist just like other assistants now. Because of her I’m keep thinking if this is a right path for me. Wow.
Fyi, I started working as a dental assistant two months ago and I think I saw that patient a month ago or something.

One of a patient wrote a review online couple weeks ago and it was about how bad the dental assistant was. I think she wrote about me. My dentist have told me that I’m a fast-learner and that I assist just like other assistants now. Because of her I’m keep thinking if this is a right path for me. Wow.
Fyi, I started working as a dental assistant two months ago and I think I saw that patient a month ago or something.

First of all, you want to be a dentist I assume and the dental assistant position is just a side job, right? If that is the case, you can't really decide dentistry is not for you based on your work in something different. For example, you can't really work as a hygienist and then decide dentistry is not for you because they are two different things.

Second of all, assuming the comment on you, still one review should not break you, but rather encourage you to work harder and do better. This bad review should give you more determination to push yourself and do better.

Third of all, who said it's about you? It might be on some other assistant, don't assume something and feel guilty about it without making sure it's you.

Lastly, who said this patient is not just picky or whiny? Or over-dramatic or just mean? if you feel bad about every angry or dissatisfied customer, you will go nuts!

Last time I went to the dentist I felt mortified because of the dental assistant, I wanted to leave a bad review and I was so sad because of that woman, but I told myself, what if they fire her. I don't want to hurt someone like that. Also, the dentist was not nice to me as well. I don't know, I didn't want to leave a bad review.

First of all, you want to be a dentist I assume and the dental assistant position is just a side job, right? If that is the case, you can't really decide dentistry is not for you based on your work in something different. For example, you can't really work as a hygienist and then decide dentistry is not for you because they are two different things.

Second of all, assuming the comment on you, still one review should not break you, but rather encourage you to work harder and do better. This bad review should give you more determination to push yourself and do better.

Third of all, who said it's about you? It might be on some other assistant, don't assume something and feel guilty about it without making sure it's you.

Lastly, who said this patient is not just picky or whiny? Or over-dramatic or just mean? if you feel bad about every angry or dissatisfied customer, you will go nuts!

Last time I went to the dentist I felt mortified because of the dental assistant, I wanted to leave a bad review and I was so sad because of that woman, but I told myself, what if they fire her. I don't want to hurt someone like that. Also, the dentist was not nice to me as well. I don't know, I didn't want to leave a bad review.

Thanks for encouraging me. After I heard that today, I was feeling bad about myself that I didn’t wanted to go to work next week.. I’ll push myself harder for the time I’ll be working at the dental office!!!

Reactions: 1 user
@nicole2 Don’t stress about it. I’m sure you’re fine and the patient was just a jerk. I was super slow when I started and every metal instrument looked the same to me. I can honestly say it gets easier and probably by month 3 you’ll be a rockstar.

Also some patients are crazy. We once had a patient who said she hadn’t been to the dentist in the last 12 years because the assistant was rude to her... she could have easily found another dentist lol.

New daily rant: So I have had a pretty good application cycle. Attended 3 interviews so far. I work full time in a research lab at my state's dental school and I have only received a supplemental.. I have no idea why I still haven't had an interview yet :(

Reactions: 1 users
I guess I'll rant a little: I feel like I never had the typical "college experience." When I applied to college, I just applied to the state school in my town because A). I was already dual enrolling there and wasn't very motivated to apply other places. B). I was in a long term relationship and didn't want to move (the relationship didn't even work out). So because of this I never had to move, and I'm a commuter, so I never felt super connected with campus life. Now there are positives to this, saving ALOT of money and getting good grades, but I just can't help feeling I missed out on some cool experiences by staying at home.
Someone who only moved 6 hours away from their hometown and had the college experience.. you are going to LOVE dental school!

New daily rant: So I have had a pretty good application cycle. Attended 3 interviews so far. I work full time in a research lab at my state's dental school and I have only received a supplemental.. I have no idea why I still haven't had an interview yet :(

My state school went pretty silent on me as well; even though I graduated from their undergrad school. In their defense, I applied a week ago, so we'll see how it goes. Keep on waiting, it's not over until it's over. And, no that does not mean on December the third, I mean when all the seats are filled and confirmed, that's when it's really over.

Last edited:
I'm retaking orgo and I'm remembering how terrible stereochemistry is. Can I even do well on the PAT if this stuff messes with my head? at least the SN2/SN1/E1/E2 stuff is a little better this time around.

and in one of my history classes I got a B+ on a paper I wrote. I got points off for stuff we didn't even talk about in class (we review the topic in class, he creates a study guide, and we use those for our essays). I've taken two other classes with this professor and got an A both times. Idk why he's like this all of a sudden. I guess I should email him the next time we have an essay and see what else he wants us to put in there. now the highest I can get in his class is an A-, and I need as many As as possible.

I'm retaking orgo and I'm remembering how terrible stereochemistry is. Can I even do well on the PAT if this stuff messes with my head? at least the SN2/SN1/E1/E2 stuff is a little better this time around.

and in one of my history classes I got a B+ on a paper I wrote. I got points off for stuff we didn't even talk about in class (we review the topic in class, he creates a study guide, and we use those for our essays). I've taken two other classes with this professor and got an A both times. Idk why he's like this all of a sudden. I guess I should email him the next time we have an essay and see what else he wants us to put in there. now the highest I can get in his class is an A-, and I need as many As as possible.

Got only one question on stereochemistry on my orgo in the DAT or maybe not even 1 question I am not sure, so don't sweat it.
Sn1 sn2 e1 e2 maybe 1 question
Also, use Jasperse practice tests and the organic chemistry tutor guy youtube videos. They are a godsend and helped me get A's in Orgo 1 and 2.

Sn1/sn2/e1/e2 video here

Be an active watcher, takes notes right away when you watch videos. Buy a beautiful 300-page notebook and colored pens and take colorful notes to make the material fun to read.
and then google practice questions on this subject.
I also solved all the questions at the end of the organic chemistry textbook, except the conceptional ones.

Last edited:

Don't email him, go to his office hours. Build solid rapport with your professors, trust me this will help when you need LOR later on, or just might make your B+ ----> A- because he'll remember you cared about his class and attended all the office hours, what a dedicated student you were! Go to his office hours prepared with questions about the class and favorite history topic, let him speak and enlighten you.. Just get to know him better.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got only one question on stereochemistry on my orgo in the DAT or maybe not even 1 question I am not sure, so don't sweat it.
Sn1 sn2 e1 e2 maybe 1 question
Also, use Jasperse practice tests and the organic chemistry tutor guy youtube videos. They are a godsend and helped me get A's in Orgo 1 and 2.

Sn1/sn2/e1/e2 video here

Be an active watcher, takes notes right away when you watch videos. Buy a beautiful 300-page notebook and colored pens and take colorful notes to make the material fun to read.
and then google practice questions on this subject.
I also solved all the questions at the end of the organic chemistry textbook, except the conceptional ones.

Thank you, I'll look into taking some of those practice tests. I usually use Khan Academy and Chad's videos for help in orgo.

I did do the notebook idea, and its almost full (to be fair, it is a 1 subject notebook).

Don't email him, go to his office hours. Build solid rapport with your professors, trust me this will help when you need LOR later on, or just might make your B+ ----> A- because he'll remember you cared about his class and attended all the office hours, what a dedicated student you were! Go to his office hours prepared with questions about the class and favorite history topic, let him speak and enlighten you.. Just get to know him better.

Good thinking, I'll go down and ask him in person.

also, off topic but I started watching Naruto as well. Good show lol.

Good thinking, I'll go down and ask him in person.

also, off topic but I started watching Naruto as well. Good show lol.

It's really good. You know, I used to hate it so much without even watching it, and was really upset because it has so many episodes while other anime I liked got canceled. I used to call it over-rated lol.
Then, I decided to give it a chance and I liked it so much. I can see why it has so many episodes and I kinda hope it will never get canceled lol. You gotta start from the first part
Shonen jump. I also recommend watching it sub not dub and Netflix only has 3 seasons of part 1, so hulu is better because they have Shonen Jump, Naruto Shippuden, and Boruto.

It's really good. You know, I used to hate it so much without even watching it, and was really upset because it has so many episodes while other anime I liked got canceled. I used to call it over-rated lol.
Then, I decided to give it a chance and I liked it so much. I can see why it has so many episodes and I kinda hope it will never get canceled lol. You gotta start from the first part
Shonen jump. I also recommend watching it sub not dub and Netflix only has 3 seasons of part 1, so hulu is better because they have Shonen Jump, Naruto Shippuden, and Boruto.

I'm not big on anime (this is the only one I've watched). I finished the ones on netflix last month, now I stream the shippuden episodes online lol.

I'm not big on anime (this is the only one I've watched). I finished the ones on netflix last month, now I stream the shippuden episodes online lol.

No the ones on Netflix does not have all episodes for Naruto Shonen jump, there are 220 episodes on Hulu, but Netflix stops at episode number 135.
So you can't really watch part two before you finish Part 1. I mean you can of course, but the story will be confusing as too many things will happen in these 90 episodes.

Of course, Shippuden is so on the next level! But to enjoy it you have to watch all of the Shonen Jump episodes.

I reached episode
65 in Shippuden.

I encourage you to watch
Attack on Titans as well. Even people who are not anime fans love Attack on Titans.

I suggest getting the free month trial of Hulu and watch stuff there. Get the free trial of the membership that does not have ads. lol

@thisismyacct
Full metal alchemist brotherhood is one of my favorites and is always rated highly. Cowboy Bebop is also very good.

Only 4 interviews busted my ass off ( i know we all do) to get a 23 aa and didnt get an interview at my top 1 or 2 picks. Feel like all that work was for nothing. I could've scored a little lower and still had the same interview success. What's killing me is it makes me overthink and i believe my PAT held me back from a lot of interviews.

/rant

I completely understand... i got a 26 AA, 27TS and even had a 30 in GC and only had 3 pre-december interviews. I also did not receive interviews from my top choice schools, but hopefully we get more post-december interviews from those schools!
:( hang in there! my fingers are crossed for good news from those pre-decs!

You'll get more interviews later on @AppalachianDentalBoy & @Bionicjawboy
Also @AppalachianDentalBoy
If your dream school out of Texas, they might not invite you since you are from Texas and they are thinking you gonna choose Texas.
Or maybe you're applying to a state school, but they see your stats and say nah he is going to Harvard lol

To get that high on your DAT, you must be a genius.
Awesome scores really.

No the ones on Netflix does not have all episodes for Naruto Shonen jump, there are 220 episodes on Hulu, but Netflix stops at episode number 135.
So you can't really watch part two before you finish Part 1. I mean you can of course, but the story will be confusing as too many things will happen in these 90 episodes.

Of course, Shippuden is so on the next level! But to enjoy it you have to watch all of the Shonen Jump episodes.

I reached episode
65 in Shippuden.

I encourage you to watch
Attack on Titans as well. Even people who are not anime fans love Attack on Titans.

I suggest getting the free month trial of Hulu and watch stuff there. Get the free trial of the membership that does not have ads. lol

I'm on episode 133 of Shippuden right now. Shippuden is awesome.

I'll try to check the other ones you mentioned.

Only 4 interviews busted my ass off ( i know we all do) to get a 23 aa and didnt get an interview at my top 1 or 2 picks. Feel like all that work was for nothing. I could've scored a little lower and still had the same interview success. What's killing me is it makes me overthink and i believe my PAT held me back from a lot of interviews.

/rant
Right there with you. I worked my butt off for a 24 on my DAT retake. Received 3 invites before I even took the test, but was then completely ghosted by my in-state. The main reason I retook was to improve my chances there. It feels a bit like it was all for nothing. Lol

Right there with you. I worked my butt off for a 24 on my DAT retake. Received 3 invites before I even took the test, but was then completely ghosted by my in-state. The main reason I retook was to improve my chances there. It feels a bit like it was all for nothing. Lol
Ahhh Real Monsters :)

What's your In State?

@Faefly thanks for the compliment. I spent my entire summer studying for it and was still surprised. I definitely have some imposter syndrome like feelings about it. If you knew me in person you’d think of me more as a slacker than a try hard too. Hope it doesn't impact my admissions chances at IS and OOS public schools. I'll only be applying to TX, OOS that give in state tuition after a year, and maybe UOP. I'm not interested in becoming cool guy McOral Surgeon and can't afford Harvard/Penn/Columbia anyway.

Also just finished the second season of Seven Deadly Sins on netflix and would highly recommend it. One of the best things about it is that the fights/battles don't span eight episodes lol. Currently about 500ish episodes in One Piece...

Last edited:
@Faefly thanks for the compliment. I spent my entire summer studying for it and was still surprised. I definitely have some imposter syndrome like feelings about it. If you knew me in person you’d think of me more as a slacker than a try hard too. Hope it doesn't impact my admissions chances at IS and OOS public schools. I'll only be applying to TX, OOS that give in state tuition after a year, and maybe UOP. I'm not interested in becoming cool guy McOral Surgeon and can't afford Harvard/Penn/Columbia anyway.

Also just finished the second season of Seven Deadly Sins on netflix and would highly recommend it. One of the best things about it is that the fights/battles don't span eight episodes lol. Currently about 500ish episodes in One Piece...

I am not gonna tell you what to do with your future, but I will tell you to keep all your options opened maybe you'll change your mind about specializing later on. You sound like Shikamaru from Naruto haha, he is smart and talented but he is always lazy to do anything but when he does things, he does them perfectly.
Best of luck with your dream schools.

The seven deadly sins, yeah people on the facebook anime group I joined, are recommending it. They are also raving about My hero Academia.

I just don't have time to all that right now. I read webtoons as well. You definitely should check "TOWER OF GOD"
One of the best webtoons to read, it's free you can read it online or on the webtoon app on your phone.
here

Slider2.jpg

Ps: the art in the first 10 episodes is mediocre, but it gets way better as the story progresses. I suggest reading it at the phone or ipad for better quality.

Last edited:
Michigan lol. So to be fair it's a competitive school, but I'm still really bummed I haven't heard from them. *Fingers crossed*
That's my IS too (I'm from Canton) . I'm surprised you haven't heard back yet with those stats though. It is competitive but I know people that were way less competitive and have gotten in.

That's my IS too (I'm from Canton) . I'm surprised you haven't heard back yet with those stats though. It is competitive but I know people that were way less competitive and have gotten in.
Oh, awesome! I used to play a lot of soccer in that area. I should mention that I took my retake super late though. End of August. I have no idea how that decision affected my application and I think that is the most stressful part of all of this.

I am not gonna tell you what to do with your future, but I will tell you to keep all your options opened maybe you'll change your mind about specializing later on. You sound like Shikamaru from Naruto haha, he is smart and talented but he is always lazy to do anything but when he does things, he does them perfectly.
Best of luck with your dream schools.

The seven deadly sins, yeah people on the facebook anime group I joined, are recommending it. They are also raving about My hero Academia.

I just don't have time to all that right now. I read webtoons as well. You definitely should check "TOWER OF GOD"
One of the best webtoons to read, it's free you can read it online or on the webtoon app on your phone.
here

Slider2.jpg

Ps: the art in the first 10 episodes is mediocre, but it gets way better as the story progresses. I suggest reading it at the phone or ipad for better quality.

You have to watch MY HERO!!!!! It is literally so good. The 3rd season just ended which is good since I don't have anytime to watch it.

Also for anyone wondering were to watch anime try going onto VRV's website. A lot of the episodes for a lot of different anime are free.

RANT ABOUT AIRPORT

okay so at airport security, there are bins to put your stuff in to be scanned. once the bin goes through and you take your stuff out, PLACE THE BIN IN THE RECEPTACLE!! so many times I'm picking up the bins for my bin to come out.

also, take EVERYTHING out of your pockets, yes take off your belt, yes your shoes, yes your sweater, yes your earrings

Applied to 7 schools, only received 3 interviews so far, despite a 25 AA and 3.98 GPA. One of them was Columbia though so feel good about that, and the other two were both in-state and top choices.

But at my #1 school, my first interview wasn't amazing and it's stressing me out. Weird questions I didn't expect, like "do dentists have an obligation to serve on local government?" and things like that. Not terrible but I just didn't feel great about it. Second and third interviews went wonderfully, felt like I killed them, but that first one has me wondering.

Ughhhhhhhhh

Applied to 7 schools, only received 3 interviews so far, despite a 25 AA and 3.98 GPA. One of them was Columbia though so feel good about that, and the other two were both in-state and top choices.

But at my #1 school, my first interview wasn't amazing and it's stressing me out. Weird questions I didn't expect, like "do dentists have an obligation to serve on local government?" and things like that. Not terrible but I just didn't feel great about it. Second and third interviews went wonderfully, felt like I killed them, but that first one has me wondering.

Ughhhhhhhhh
I am willing to bet you get in to your #1.

Ughhhhhhhhh

With a 25AA and a 3.98 you'll get in. Waiting is gonna suck but your scores are phenomenal.

Ughhhhhhhhh

I am sure you will receive more interviews.
But I think you will get in one of these schools, hopefully,
Columbia :)
Awesome stats.
However, if you are worried, there is no harm in adding 2 more private schools that have their deadlines on January or February.

So, I just found out that my path number is 8.
Aka 4+4 :bang:
lol

They say that this life path number is meant for people to be leaders, business owners or politicians. They call it:
The Powerhouse

Clearly, someone missed her true calling :wow:

If you want to know your life path number: the method is simple.
S
ay you were born in 07/12/1995, then you will do this:
7+12 =19 =1+9=10 = 1+0= 1
1995=1+9+9+5=10+9+5=24=2+4=6
6+1=7
(& Yes I am using my math degree doing these kinds of calculations :woot:)

Life path 7 is the Seeker

Then you read about it here

Fyi: If you get 11, 22, 33 then these are called Master numbers.

So, I just found out that my path number is 8.
Aka 4+4 :bang:
lol

They say that this life path number is meant for people to be leaders, business owners or politicians. They call it:
The Powerhouse
Clearly., someone missed her true calling :wow:

If you want to know your life path number: the method is simple.
S
.ay you were born in 07/12/1995, then you will do this:.
7+12 =19 =1+9=10 = 1+0= 1
1995=1+9+9+5=10+9+5=24=2+4=6
6+1=7
(& Yes I am using my math degree doing these kinds of calculations :woot:)

Life path 7 is the Seeker

Then you read about it here .
Fyi: If you get 11, 22, 33 then these are called Master numbers.

I'm 11/2 :whistle:

I'm 11/2 :whistle:.......

The Inspired Healer. That's awesome, as you are in the right career path: people with this number are creative artists and healers.

You'll be a great addition to my dental corporation chain in the future.:clap:

Anybody else have 0 motivation? I'm sitting on 6 interviews (no clue how I got this many) and can't even rally up motivation to make it to my classes (I only have 2 per day). I have 3 tests tomorrow and have studied a combined 3 hours for them. Anybody else in my shoes? I always followed the philosophy of "you go to college to get a job, not a GPA", and I'm definitely living up to that right now lol.

Reactions: 6 users
Anybody else have 0 motivation? I'm sitting on 6 interviews (no clue how I got this many) and can't even rally up motivation to make it to my classes (I only have 2 per day). I have 3 tests tomorrow and have studied a combined 3 hours for them. Anybody else in my shoes? I always followed the philosophy of "you go to college to get a job, not a GPA", and I'm definitely living up to that right now lol.
Have a biochem exam thursday and can tell I am not studying nearly as much for it as I normally would. Also, barely doing my homework. Just trying to make it through 5 more weeks until graduation :hardy:

Have a biochem exam thursday and can tell I am not studying nearly as much for it as I normally would. Also, barely doing my homework. Just trying to make it through 5 more weeks until graduation :hardy:

SO jealous that you are graduating this semester.....

Same here. Have an exam and a lab report due today. A presentation tomorrow. No motivation to do any of them. Now I am on SDN and hoping my lab report can do itself. :oops: