RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Agree about the frigid temps. Went to sleep with a scarf on last night. Not a good decision. Took nap with scarf on - better decision. I'm trying to fight the urge of walking around my house in a hat and mittens paired with present scarf. I thought it's be over the top with melodrama :laugh:
The good thing about a multi-level dwelling is we (or actually more accurately my heat seeking animals) can take refuge in the upper warmer levels!

The bad thing about a multi-level dwelling? Knowing the amount of dollar bills floating away with all the heat we are using! Also, if my dogs refuse to go to the 1st floor, how are they supposed to get outside?

Members don't see this ad.

my apt is pretty toasty, despite the hugely tall cielings. my complaint is my workplace: sooooooo icy cold!!!!!!! Heater is like broken and I have to wear my winter coat and gloves all day. I mean, I am a naturally cold person (not psychologically, just physically ;)), but COME ON PEOPLE! I can't concentrate or WORK well if I am freezing my arse off!!!!!!!!!!!!! so incredibly irritated right now! I almost HOPE that SGU is my only acceptance because at least I will be WARM all year round :D:p:D

Just moved into new apartment... SO COLD. Wearing snuggie and two blankets now, and the heat of my computer charger's block is what's keeping my fingers supple enough to type.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
So, I'm ranting about the cold workplace too. Except I'm probably not allowed to because I'm in So Cal.. it got into the 30's last night, and it's probably colder than that where some of you are during the day. Hell, it's a wonderful 68 degrees outside right now.... but I'm not outside, and at 7am this morning, it was 40 degrees outside and my co-workers had the doors open for "fresh air!?!"

I grew up in Minnesota, I know what cold is. We knew how to prepare for cold weather: wear layers outside and keep the thermostat in the mid-upper 60s in day time/60 at night to save on bills. I can live in those temperature ranges if I can dictate my clothing. Here, my uniform is a short sleeve polo and our contract says maybe a long sleeve undershirt, nothing over the polo. That's fine if it's in the 60s in the workplace, but not so fine if it's 45 degrees.

Also, at home Californians save money on their (non-existent, from a northerner's point of view) heating bills by never turning on the heat. Oh, your house is in the mid 50's and your tile floor is freezing cold, so you wear slippers everywhere and a fleece pullover in the house? No thank you, I want to wear a t-shirt around the house not put on a sweatshirt just to go downstairs.
And I'm sick of them saying "aren't you supposed to be adapted for cold weather being from the frigid northland?" It isn't funny when I really am shivering at work.

ETA: not directed at y'all, just the people out here who constantly make fun of me for this. It only got worse when I lost the excess weight last year and now I get cold in the shade sometimes.

Just moved into new apartment... SO COLD. Wearing snuggie and two blankets now, and the heat of my computer charger's block is what's keeping my fingers supple enough to type.

Turn the oven on. I had to do that in my apartment last year to keep from freezing to death. :laugh:.

I almost HOPE that SGU is my only acceptance because at least I will be WARM all year round :D:p:D

hehe don't be so delusional ;) it's freezing at SGU! A/C is cranked at ice cold in all of the buildings, I can almost never be found in anything less than pants and a fleece jacket!

and fromthebox, i am always cold. i'm usually still in pants and a jacket in the summer! i get made fun of for it all the time. people just don't understand! and most people tell me all the time that they'd rather be cold than hot, and to them i say trade places?:p

I hope you're wearing pants. Although some people may not mind. ;)

1. Another day with zero good news from vet schools. Or any new news. Fun!

2. I hate the mother effing dentist. Just went to a new dentist in my new town and I need not one, not two, but THREE fillings. One of which will be a repair of an old one, which was already repaired. Can I reiterate how much I hate the dentist? I am so irritated. I take impeccable care of my teeth - flossing, brushing, high-fluoride mouth rinse, and checkups every 6 months. Don't drink soda, barely drink coffee, and don't eat a lot of junk. What more do you want?!

Also it's cold. It was 9 degrees when I left the house at 9am today. Noooo thank you.

Also, at home Californians save money on their (non-existent, from a northerner's point of view) heating bills by never turning on the heat. Oh, your house is in the mid 50's and your tile floor is freezing cold, so you wear slippers everywhere and a fleece pullover in the house? No thank you, I want to wear a t-shirt around the house not put on a sweatshirt just to go downstairs.

I hate the feeling of central heating. It always seems so dry and awful and stuffy to me. I'd rather wear 5 layers in my house than turn on the heat. :smuggrin:

1. Another day with zero good news from vet schools. Or any new news. Fun!

2. I hate the mother effing dentist. Just went to a new dentist in my new town and I need not one, not two, but THREE fillings. One of which will be a repair of an old one, which was already repaired. Can I reiterate how much I hate the dentist? I am so irritated. I take impeccable care of my teeth - flossing, brushing, high-fluoride mouth rinse, and checkups every 6 months. Don't drink soda, barely drink coffee, and don't eat a lot of junk. What more do you want?!

Also it's cold. It was 9 degrees when I left the house at 9am today. Noooo thank you.

I swear it's punishment for taking good care of your teeth! I have the same problem, I get cavities all the time even though I brush and floss twice daily. And I know people who skip brushing for a day or two and have NO cavities or other dental problems. Grr :mad:

My apartment building has a bed bug infestation. I HATE CITIES
Ew, roaches as well. Yucky! I live in the rural area....instead of bedbugs, I found a dead stinkbug sitting on my bed post. as if it was watching me while I slept. CREEPYYYY

The good thing about a multi-level dwelling is we (or actually more accurately my heat seeking animals) can take refuge in the upper warmer levels!

The bad thing about a multi-level dwelling? Knowing the amount of dollar bills floating away with all the heat we are using! Also, if my dogs refuse to go to the 1st floor, how are they supposed to get outside?
I keep my room like an ice box. electric heat makes my skin dry out...I use blankets and pillows for additional warmth that my clothing and other such accessories lack with the occasional cat visit. welcome winter - it's been awhile. Oh, weekend forecast? 40s? Really, Weather?!?:laugh:

I hate the feeling of central heating. It always seems so dry and awful and stuffy to me. I'd rather wear 5 layers in my house than turn on the heat. :smuggrin:

. electric heat makes my skin dry out..

I've always had gas or fuel-oil heating, wonder if that makes a difference? Also, no central heating here, one wall-mount gas heater for my whole apartment and it's all I need.

Members don't see this ad :)
I swear it's punishment for taking good care of your teeth! I have the same problem, I get cavities all the time even though I brush and floss twice daily. And I know people who skip brushing for a day or two and have NO cavities or other dental problems. Grr :mad:

I know people who have NEVER had cavities. I had a ton as a kid but once I reached 13, I have not had one. Apparently my teeth were "soft" when I was a kid. Perhaps that is why some people are prone to cavities more than others.

I am also the type of person who is ALWAYS cold. I wear jeans in the summer (and get made fun of for it). Oh well.

Got bit at work two days ago. My finger is red and swollen. This is the second time I have been bitten in over 6 years as a tech. First time was a cat and this time was a dog. The dog didn't give me any warning either he growled and bit at the exact same time. What makes it worse is that I wasn't expecting it since the week before that same dog layed on the floor while we gave it SQ fluids and injections and drew his blood without growling or moving. Oh well, it should be feeling better by tomorrow....
and this probably will not be the last time I get bitten.

Are you on birth control pills? My sister had chronic yeast infections when she was on one brand, and the doctor told her "either you're pregnant or you have AIDS"! She was more than a little freaked out and totally confused. Neither was correct, and the infections stopped when she switched pills. I've also had oral thrush from BCPs and another medication goofing up my hormones. Fun times.

I was on the Nuvaring for 3 months. Since stopping it in October, I've had these issues. It is very frustrating. Ugh.

Turns out I am allergic to the abx the dr gave me. AHHHH.

I take impeccable care of my teeth - flossing, brushing, high-fluoride mouth rinse, and checkups every 6 months. Don't drink soda, barely drink coffee, and don't eat a lot of junk. What more do you want?!

Sometimes its genetic... my mom has periodontal disease and it got passed to my brother really bad. My mom goes to the dentist once a month for cleanings, has a water pic at home, brushes her teeth constantly, takes doxycyclin for her teeth twice a day and STILL has problems. I feel so bad for her... but very thankful I didn't get those genes! :oops:

Maybe it will at least allow you to be sympathetic when you perform dentals on furry friends :D

its like 27 C degrees right now... thats 80.6 F in American..... I thought you should all know. I'm also wearing shorts and a t shirt. hahahahahahha. :D

Organic chemistry and astrophysics are both greek to me this term. Especially organic chemistry. :whistle:.

S'prolly in the single digits here in toasty NE PA. can't wait to get in my car. froze all during work (maybe I should layer more....) AND I forgot my gloves & hat. Yes, I'm a genius! :idea: (but, I was running late cause I was procrastinating....bad me bad) ;)

Where abouts are you from in the PA?

Also, I keep a bottle of nose spray in my car for cat allergies at work. It was so cold here today that all the water in the container froze, leaving only the medicine. When I used it, I got a 100% blast of oxymetazoline straight to the brain, I'm pretty sure I had some kind of fugue state panic attack. My nose still burns.

Organic chemistry and astrophysics are both greek to me this term. Especially organic chemistry. :whistle:.
Astro....physics?? Trema: WOW :cool: You're off the charts! :) I kept my organic and physics separate. Props to you!!

Where abouts are you from in the PA?

Also, I keep a bottle of nose spray in my car for cat allergies at work. It was so cold here today that all the water in the container froze, leaving only the medicine. When I used it, I got a 100% blast of oxymetazoline straight to the brain, I'm pretty sure I had some kind of fugue state panic attack. My nose still burns.

OWIEEEEEE I'm from coal cracker country-ish. Not quite in the Poconos but not quite too far south. Sorta central-ish that it takes less than 2 hours to get to NYC & Philly. The weather was actually in the double digits in my frigid little vehicle. Sympathies for the nose spray. That sounds mighty painful. My nose tingles as I think about it!

Just so pissed off at my job, I have to say something somewhere. So we are a small 2 doctor clinic, and the practice has been struggling lately. Our ould manager left, and we have had 2 in the meantime in about a year and a half, one of whom was asked to resign. We just hired a new grad, and I love him and think he's great, but he was hired after pretty much forcing the old vet who had been here for a long time to resign. And yest there were issues with him, but this came out of the blue, with no warning or trying to work with him to improve. It made me lose a lot of respect for the other vet, the handling of that situation.
Just recently, everyones hours have been cut back, except for one golden boy who actualy had the schedule changed so he is scheduled to come in half an hour before he is needed after people complained about him clocking in an hour early and doing nothing. It has taken him 6 months to get to doing the bare minimum requirement, mostly, for his job, after numerous complaints from other employees to the manager and the two vets. However, since the managing vet loves him, nothing is ever done about any complaints.
On top of this, they have hired 2 new unnecessary people in the last 2 weeks, one of whom was hired without any indication we were even looking for another receptionist when everyone working would like more hours, and 3 people could easily afford 10+ extra hours a week, hours we don't have to give another employee. It also turns out that shifts that have been considered holiday pay for the last 6 years that I have worked at the practice, apparently don't count since Christmas eve was on a Saturday this year, and the evening kennel shift would have been required anyway, which I learned after working it, seeing nothing on my paycheck, and asking the manager, who had previously confirmed for me what shifts counted for holiday pay.
I have never before felt like I worked at a gossipy place, but I had to tell someone the other day "X said Y said I was saying things about you, and I haven't been at all" to another coworker because Mr. Golden Boy likes to stir the pot, apparently. I got a text from someone thanking me for doing my job, because she opened after I closed the kennels and she had been working behind the slacker for so long she was used to nothing getting done.
I love the clinic, I love my friends on the staff, but I feel like the management doesn't care about their employees anymore, and it makes me ask why should I care about working here, if they don't even bother to care about us.

Ok, I feel better for having ranted a bit :)

Just so pissed off at my job, I have to say something somewhere. So we are a small 2 doctor clinic, and the practice has been struggling lately. Our ould manager left, and we have had 2 in the meantime in about a year and a half, one of whom was asked to resign. We just hired a new grad, and I love him and think he's great, but he was hired after pretty much forcing the old vet who had been here for a long time to resign. And yest there were issues with him, but this came out of the blue, with no warning or trying to work with him to improve. It made me lose a lot of respect for the other vet, the handling of that situation.
Just recently, everyones hours have been cut back, except for one golden boy who actualy had the schedule changed so he is scheduled to come in half an hour before he is needed after people complained about him clocking in an hour early and doing nothing. It has taken him 6 months to get to doing the bare minimum requirement, mostly, for his job, after numerous complaints from other employees to the manager and the two vets. However, since the managing vet loves him, nothing is ever done about any complaints.
On top of this, they have hired 2 new unnecessary people in the last 2 weeks, one of whom was hired without any indication we were even looking for another receptionist when everyone working would like more hours, and 3 people could easily afford 10+ extra hours a week, hours we don't have to give another employee. It also turns out that shifts that have been considered holiday pay for the last 6 years that I have worked at the practice, apparently don't count since Christmas eve was on a Saturday this year, and the evening kennel shift would have been required anyway, which I learned after working it, seeing nothing on my paycheck, and asking the manager, who had previously confirmed for me what shifts counted for holiday pay.
I have never before felt like I worked at a gossipy place, but I had to tell someone the other day "X said Y said I was saying things about you, and I haven't been at all" to another coworker because Mr. Golden Boy likes to stir the pot, apparently. I got a text from someone thanking me for doing my job, because she opened after I closed the kennels and she had been working behind the slacker for so long she was used to nothing getting done.
I love the clinic, I love my friends on the staff, but I feel like the management doesn't care about their employees anymore, and it makes me ask why should I care about working here, if they don't even bother to care about us.

Ok, I feel better for having ranted a bit :)

Could they have hired a few new employees to ensure that no one ever gets overtime? It is common at my clinic for workers to get three 10 hour shifts each week to avoid any possbility of getting into overtime and each time we hire someone new all the workers get irritated because they want more hours.

Overtime is not a concern for anyone except the "golden boy" maybe. No one else works more than 30 hours a week, and most of us work around 20.
All of us would happily pick up more hours, but there just aren't any more to go around. The reasoning they told us today was, too many people were off and it was hard to cover over the holidays. Last week, we had 2 employees with a death in the family, and one who left early one day, her shift easily covered, and was off the next day for medical reasons. I also covered that shift. So it was the two people out for a funeral who were apparently difficult to cover for, which speaking to other employees, wasn't a problem.
We don't have unreliable people who call off, or people who request a lot of time off on short notice. It just really upset me that I am hurting for hours, and they hired someone else.
Lately my attitude has been "I will only be here til August, then I am going somewhere for school" and I hate that, because I used to love that clinic. But every stupid little change from less functional but more aesthetically pleasing, or every time our managers let things slide with other employees not doing their job, I just think I will be gone in a few months.

Last edited:
UGH. On Tuesday I went to buy some more scrubs. Even though I definitely have money in my account, my debit card was denied both times the lady tried swiping it. And yet, for whatever reason, the bank shows that the transaction was approved! Even though I have both of the denied transaction receipts in my hand, the bank says it shows as approved on their end of things. On my online statement, the transaction has been "pending" for two days now. And all the bank says I can do is wait until Saturday night to see if it actually posts or not. So, not only did I look like an idiot who tried to buy something without the proper amount of money, not only can I not use that debit card as something isn't working correctly with it, not only does no one seem to know where this money went, but I'm also without the scrubs that I kinda need! I guess the silver lining is that the woman at the store put the scrubs I wanted aside with my name on them until I could come back to get them.

On a separate note, even though I love cooler weather (as I'm a very hot natured person and overheat rather easily), I am already tired of this winter weather here in NC. I've had a bad case of plaque psoriasis for almost 20 years now. I've been on every medication type possible (creams, shots, etc etc) and NOTHING has done a thing for me. And every single winter my skin dries out so bad that I can't help but be anything more than uncomfortable every day, all day. I haven't found a single d*** lotion yet that keeps my skin hydrated throughout the entire day (but that also doesn't cause my skin to break out even worse). And let's not forget that this isn't just a small patch on my elbows or arms or what have you, but all over. Do you know how much it sucks to have to go to the restroom in the middle of work so you can (basically) strip down just to lotion yourself?!? Oh, and while I'm on this rant, I hate having to wear long sleeves under my scrub tops in order to get clients (but especially their children) to stop staring at me in disgust as I help the doctor examine their pets. Its rather frustrating to see people catch a glimpse of your skin and make a disgusted face, as if they'd just come across the smell of decaying garbage. And of course the rest of the hospital staff keeps the heat blasting, which just makes me overheat all the easier since I'm wearing layers and they aren't. :mad:

I used that nose spray stuff once. I was all sniffly and uncomfortable before I used it but then I took a spray and went to bed and I honestly thought that I wasn't going to make it through the night because I felt like my brain had been stabbed with a hot poker and also my throat was on fire and that there was literally no way that I was ever going to survive that awful experience.

Never, ever ever ever again.

So I started to become panicky today because Auburn is supposed to send out their interview invites soon (last year they sent them out around this time) and I was compelled to recheck my submitted VMCAS application to reassure myself of my vet experience.... cuz, ya know, I'm paranoid I won't get in anywhere...:scared:

Anyway, while checking my application I realized that I listed the end date for one of my vet experiences as blatantly incorrect... instead of 1 year volunteering at that clinic it looks like I was there for 11 years. :mad: I only gained 200 hours there and listed the hours per week as 4, so I am hoping that the adcoms realize that it is a typo and don't think I'm an idiot. :oops:

So I started to become panicky today because Auburn is supposed to send out their interview invites soon (last year they sent them out around this time) and I was compelled to recheck my submitted VMCAS application to reassure myself of my vet experience.... cuz, ya know, I'm paranoid I won't get in anywhere...:scared:

Anyway, while checking my application I realized that I listed the end date for one of my vet experiences as blatantly incorrect... instead of 1 year volunteering at that clinic it looks like I was there for 11 years. :mad: I only gained 200 hours there and listed the hours per week as 4, so I am hoping that the adcoms realize that it is a typo and don't think I'm an idiot. :oops:

You could always email the schools. But if you listed a starting date, I'me sure they'll figure it out, especially if 11 years would put it in the future.

You could always email the schools. But if you listed a starting date, I'me sure they'll figure it out, especially if 11 years would put it in the future.

Thanks... hmm... maybe I should email them. I started the volunteer work in 1996, so the end date I listed is 2007 and it should have been 1997.

Has anyone else made a similar mistake on their applications? If so, did you email the schools? Were the schools nice about it or did it play a factor in their decision?

UGH. On Tuesday I went to buy some more scrubs. Even though I definitely have money in my account, my debit card was denied both times the lady tried swiping it. And yet, for whatever reason, the bank shows that the transaction was approved! Even though I have both of the denied transaction receipts in my hand, the bank says it shows as approved on their end of things. On my online statement, the transaction has been "pending" for two days now. And all the bank says I can do is wait until Saturday night to see if it actually posts or not. So, not only did I look like an idiot who tried to buy something without the proper amount of money, not only can I not use that debit card as something isn't working correctly with it, not only does no one seem to know where this money went, but I'm also without the scrubs that I kinda need! I guess the silver lining is that the woman at the store put the scrubs I wanted aside with my name on them until I could come back to get them.

On a separate note, even though I love cooler weather (as I'm a very hot natured person and overheat rather easily), I am already tired of this winter weather here in NC. I've had a bad case of plaque psoriasis for almost 20 years now. I've been on every medication type possible (creams, shots, etc etc) and NOTHING has done a thing for me. And every single winter my skin dries out so bad that I can't help but be anything more than uncomfortable every day, all day. I haven't found a single d*** lotion yet that keeps my skin hydrated throughout the entire day (but that also doesn't cause my skin to break out even worse). And let's not forget that this isn't just a small patch on my elbows or arms or what have you, but all over. Do you know how much it sucks to have to go to the restroom in the middle of work so you can (basically) strip down just to lotion yourself?!? Oh, and while I'm on this rant, I hate having to wear long sleeves under my scrub tops in order to get clients (but especially their children) to stop staring at me in disgust as I help the doctor examine their pets. Its rather frustrating to see people catch a glimpse of your skin and make a disgusted face, as if they'd just come across the smell of decaying garbage. And of course the rest of the hospital staff keeps the heat blasting, which just makes me overheat all the easier since I'm wearing layers and they aren't. :mad:

Have you tried LUSH lotions? I always get scaly this time of year and it helps me out. Not that it's at all comparable to your situation, but it's pretty good stuff regardless. They have a forum on their website, too, and I think people there who have more severe skin problems have had some good experiences with their "dream cream". Anyway, check it out- lushusa.com

I get along really well with my roommate, and I think she's a really sweet lady (albeit a lil strange)... but her lack of sanitation gets old sometimes...

So I was making myself some garlic bread today, and i freaked out when I pulled out the cookie sheet from the oven when I felt something slimy on the oven mitt. I was so shocked by the narstiness that I instinctively reached for the hot metal with my other bare hand so I could toss the oven mitt. *sizzle sizzle* I ran my hand under cold water immediately, but it hurts so bad right now, especially the thumb that was supporting most of the weight. fml

(for these reasons I keep my secret sponge for dishes, as I don't like washing my dishes with a moldy sponge. and she keeps the dishwasher so full all the time, i don't bother with it. I even keep my own stash of paper plates and cutlery for the times when the sink is full to the brim. I sanitize cooking surfaces and rewash dishes before use as well. I'm really not the cleanest person in the world either. le sigh.)

Got bit again today at work. This dog was already muzzled and had started alligator rolling and causing lots of trouble. I reached down to get a better holds on him and he lunged forward and got my thumb through the front end of the muzzle. Two bites in one week... Now I have 2 bruised fingers for my interview this weekend.

Got bit again today at work. This dog was already muzzled and had started alligator rolling and causing lots of trouble. I reached down to get a better holds on him and he lunged forward and got my thumb through the front end of the muzzle. Two bites in one week... Now I have 2 bruised fingers for my interview this weekend.

shiite dvmdream that sucks :( i'm so sorry...good luck at your interview though! :xf:

My boyfriend doesn't believe in global warming.

I told him he was being too willfully ignorant for me to respect him enough to let him use his pen*s on me. :smuggrin:

I told him he was being too willfully ignorant for me to respect him enough to let him use his pen*s on me. :smuggrin:

:rofl: I'll have to use that line on my hubby sometime!

:laugh::laugh: I tell my boyfriend that the morning after he gets wasted, says mean things, and pees on a wall... and then thinks I should find him attractive enough to even THINK of going there... um no! :thumbdown: :cool:

DVMD, what the hell???!!! Is the world trying to tell you something??

My ex (who I am forced to live with until April) took $300 from me.
When we moved in together, I was looking for a place to volunteer. Since I heard that it was difficult to get positions in the city I am in, I asked him if he could drive me further away. He said it would not be a problem. He helped me drop off resumes. When I got a position, I asked him again if he minded driving me. He told me no. So now I volunteer 20 minutes away (~1.5 hours by bus).

We split. He did not give me rent for December. He lied to me about it. I asked had asked him if he had the money. He told me yes. Then he left the city without telling me for the holidays and that's when I found out that he did not have the money. I was NOT happy.

When he got back a few days ago, he handed me a stack of bills for December's rent and January's rent. But when I went to put it in my bank account, I realized only one month's rent was there.

He took the entire $380 for gas money.
I knew I owed him $40 for driving me to a conference. I had told him to take whatever he thinks for the running around he has done for me.
I had no idea it was $340 worth. NO IDEA.
IF I HAD KNOWN, I WOULD HAVE NOT VOLUNTEERED OR SUCKED IT UP AND TOOK THE BUS. He gave NO indication that I owed him $340.

So now I am out a month's rent and have a terrible commute to the clinic.
I got mad. I said if he was charging me for everything he did for me in the relationship then he owed me $100 (half of what my parents paid for moving in the furniture). So I got $100 back (which I should give back to my folks). I cut him off from sharing food (I paid for groceries the entire month of December) and refuse to have anything to do with his car.

Of course, we live in an area where one unreliable bus takes me places. Part of the deal of moving here is that he helps me get to where I need to go.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm so sorry. People should be more respectful. :\

shiite dvmdream that sucks :( i'm so sorry...good luck at your interview though! :xf:

Yes my thumb on my right hand has a black and blue fingernail and a decent chunk of skin missing. I am thinking covering it with a band aid will probably look the most professional since I have to shake their hands.

DVMD, what the hell???!!! Is the world trying to tell you something??

I am starting to think that the dogs at work are trying to persuade me to not want to go to vet school, but I don't care how many times I get bit I am still going.

My ex (who I am forced to live with until April) took $300 from me.
When we moved in together, I was looking for a place to volunteer. Since I heard that it was difficult to get positions in the city I am in, I asked him if he could drive me further away. He said it would not be a problem. He helped me drop off resumes. When I got a position, I asked him again if he minded driving me. He told me no. So now I volunteer 20 minutes away (~1.5 hours by bus).

We split. He did not give me rent for December. He lied to me about it. I asked had asked him if he had the money. He told me yes. Then he left the city without telling me for the holidays and that's when I found out that he did not have the money. I was NOT happy.

When he got back a few days ago, he handed me a stack of bills for December's rent and January's rent. But when I went to put it in my bank account, I realized only one month's rent was there.

He took the entire $380 for gas money.
I knew I owed him $40 for driving me to a conference. I had told him to take whatever he thinks for the running around he has done for me.
I had no idea it was $340 worth. NO IDEA.
IF I HAD KNOWN, I WOULD HAVE NOT VOLUNTEERED OR SUCKED IT UP AND TOOK THE BUS. He gave NO indication that I owed him $340.

So now I am out a month's rent and have a terrible commute to the clinic.
I got mad. I said if he was charging me for everything he did for me in the relationship then he owed me $100 (half of what my parents paid for moving in the furniture). So I got $100 back (which I should give back to my folks). I cut him off from sharing food (I paid for groceries the entire month of December) and refuse to have anything to do with his car.

Of course, we live in an area where one unreliable bus takes me places. Part of the deal of moving here is that he helps me get to where I need to go.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
That is incredibly selfish of him. I can't believe you have to live with him until April. No way that one of you could find an alternate roommate? Living in a situation like that can be so disheartening. Keep your chin up! You deserve better!

Yes my thumb on my right hand has a black and blue fingernail and a decent chunk of skin missing. I am thinking covering it with a band aid will probably look the most professional since I have to shake their hands.

I am starting to think that the dogs at work are trying to persuade me to not want to go to vet school, but I don't care how many times I get bit I am still going.
You could easily crack a joke about it at the interview! War wounds, ya? Good luck at your interview!

:laugh: Sounds like you're having a fabulous week! I'm in the same boat, sort of. I had a wonderfully "lively" cat basically try to climb up my arm when one of the techs lost her grip on his scruff. My right arm looks like I ran into Freddy Krueger. :rolleyes:

Go with the band-aid. Who knows, maybe they'll ask you if you've ever been injured on the job? ha!

I suppose the window with a bungee cord repelling apparatus is out of the question? :rolleyes:

That is incredibly selfish of him. I can't believe you have to live with him until April. No way that one of you could find an alternate roommate? Living in a situation like that can be so disheartening. Keep your chin up! You deserve better!

Seriously! This rooming agreement cannot be good for anyone involved.

Also, as far as paying him for driving around... give a high-number estimate for the amount of hours he drove you around and multiply that by minimum wage. Estimate how much gas money that would be. Add it up. I sincerely doubt it would be anywhere near $340. That is ridiculous and you should not have to suck up a month of rent.