RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Stupid airplane food. My stomach hurts so much. Ugh.

Members don't see this ad.

Augh! Lame! That's their fault...they should eat it! :smuggrin: Or at least don't make you repay it...that's just sh*tty. Can you go back and check pay stubs and stuff??
This place has made it abundantly clear that they don't "eat it" we are under so many budget cuts as a major public Uni that they want our lifeblood.

I am really good about saving my pay stubs (unfortunately all paper not electronic) so I am gonna go home and hope to god I have the stubs. I vaguely remember this paycheck for OT, and the amount. If I recall it was for some type of OT that had to be paid rather than comped. We will see.

AQAAGH
The idiot payroll person just came in to tell me that she thinks it happened due to our time system adding hours that did not exist. And that she's sorry and hopefully HR can "work out a payment plan."

God I wish I was getting in this year. I would quit. But Nooo, I have to go sing the anthem today and pretend I am super proud to work here. :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
Last semester I did terrible in chem during the semester and ended up with a B- after the final. This semester I did so much better during the semester, but so badly on the final that I ended up with a C. I'm so disappointed in myself.

I did better in Animal Science than I thought, so it brought up my GPA, but the chem grade dropped it lower than it's ever been. :(

Uggggh....can't leave work and really want to. :(

So I've been trying to order a transcript from K-State for a scholarship for a while now. I spent probably a good 15-20 minutes on the phone trying to figure out my account since I'm now considered a former student. They said I apparently created an account, although I'm pretty sure all previous transcripts order were through my school portal, and that I should ask to have my password resent. I've done this 3 times already. I have yet to receive an email. I'm about to call and ask them to just take my order over the phone. They did say it could take a couple hours to get the email but I first made the request sometime last week.

My stupid (ex)stray kitty, that has not a tooth in his head and a perpetually weepy eye, that I didn't even want to adopt in the first place, but whom I have fallen completely in love with over the last year is in kidney failure. :(

Abney! I am so sorry! I just found out my cat is in kidney failure too! :(:scared:

I just stopped crying. She is 13yrs (I have had her since I was 9 and she was like 10 wks). What sucks is there was no indication really. The reason I took her to the vet was because when I picked her up she felt a little lighter (she lost 3 lbs) and she looked like her water intake increased, but she eats normally, has her normal energy levels, seemed happy. Her levels were shocking. Hoping she gets better (hoping it is bacterial). I am so rattled and about to go babysit.

On top of having a sinus infection and feeling like crap, I missed a day of work yesterday to sleep and try to get better - only to sleep wrong and screw up my shoulder. It hurts to move my left arm! And it is hard to breath. :(

So I've been trying to order a transcript from K-State for a scholarship for a while now. I spent probably a good 15-20 minutes on the phone trying to figure out my account since I'm now considered a former student. They said I apparently created an account, although I'm pretty sure all previous transcripts order were through my school portal, and that I should ask to have my password resent. I've done this 3 times already. I have yet to receive an email. I'm about to call and ask them to just take my order over the phone. They did say it could take a couple hours to get the email but I first made the request sometime last week.
Ugh this makes me really appreciate my undergrad's online system. You just have to login using the username you had when you attended and order a transcript. All schools should go to that system!

Abney! I am so sorry! I just found out my cat is in kidney failure too! :(:scared:

I just stopped crying. She is 13yrs (I have had her since I was 9 and she was like 10 wks). What sucks is there was no indication really. The reason I took her to the vet was because when I picked her up she felt a little lighter (she lost 3 lbs) and she looked like her water intake increased, but she eats normally, has her normal energy levels, seemed happy. Her levels were shocking. Hoping she gets better (hoping it is bacterial). I am so rattled and about to go babysit.
Thanks wld, and I'm so sorry about your kitty too :( It sucks because all I can do is supportive treatment. I took my boy in because I was sure it was hyperthyroid. He dropped some wait had PU/PD but what really made me think it is that his little heart always goes a mile a minute. Alas. When my old kitty passed (she was 24 so I think I have unrealistic expectations :() I wanted a kitten but this sad little cat needed to be fostered and I gave in. Well, I found a lab one night and she was getting a bit aggressive towards my dachshund when I brought her home to find her owner and this cat, that had just recently had all of his teeth pulled and had a healing fx in his jaw came running out and backed that lab off my dog, and protected "his new sister" the entire time. That was cheating. Plus he is such a love.

Anyway, I'm totally rambling. I just love him and it breaks my heart that his life was so hard before and he may not get long comfy life with me. :cry:

#firstworldproblems :laugh:

Not being able to say things you really just want to scream at people in games. :(

for everyone and there pet problems: :( i hope you get it all figured out! Ya'lls pets are lucky to have such caring owners. Thinking of you all!:xf:good news comes soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
hehehe

ps. FTB, how was the national anthem?!?!
The officers and campus big wigs loved it. My HS choir teacher would have eaten me alive for all the stuff I was lazy about, but it went well enough for what this was. Also, tasty food.

Teh BIG news however? Not the award banquet but the other thing we've been dealing with today. A DEAD BODY was found near one of our dorms! Like Bones level decomposed.

The officers and campus big wigs loved it. My HS choir teacher would have eaten me alive for all the stuff I was lazy about, but it went well enough for what this was. Also, tasty food.

Teh BIG news however? Not the award banquet but the other thing we've been dealing with today. A DEAD BODY was found near one of our dorms! Like Bones level decomposed.
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Ugh this makes me really appreciate my undergrad's online system. You just have to login using the username you had when you attended and order a transcript. All schools should go to that system!

Oh. My undergrad where I got my degree isn't a problem. I just send them an email. I just took an online course through K State and now have to wait for them to talk to tech services and stuff...

Sowwie. Seriously. I f'ed up. I shall go hide in my corner of shame.
No no no! You did what you thought was right. I did something very similar in the Dog Sanctuary game when I outed JMJ as the hybrid dog...except everyone ended up lynching her, not me. :oops: It even got brought up against me in a later game :rolleyes:

It was soooo hard watching everyone questioning you and calling you a wolf!! I wanted to yell Wookie noises!! :laugh:

Oh. My undergrad where I got my degree isn't a problem. I just send them an email. I just took an online course through K State and now have to wait for them to talk to tech services and stuff...

My community college (where I, OF COURSE, took almost ALL my prerequisites) is so bad, the best way to take care of getting transcripts is to physically GO THERE and fill out a stupid form and wait in line and pay a fee. Laaaaame. My first app cycle, they even f'd up and sent my transcripts BEFORE all my classes were on them (I marked "Send after Fall semester" or whatever, and they sent them before the Fall grades were on there! :mad: ). U of I called me the day before everything was due to them to say they were missing my Fall grades. :eek: I about died. I had to go to the damn school, tell them how bad they f'd up, get an official copy handed directly to me, and pay $$$ to have them overnighted to U of I!! Boooooooooo!

My community college (where I, OF COURSE, took almost ALL my prerequisites) is so bad, the best way to take care of getting transcripts is to physically GO THERE and fill out a stupid form and wait in line and pay a fee. Laaaaame. My first app cycle, they even f'd up and sent my transcripts BEFORE all my classes were on them (I marked "Send after Fall semester" or whatever, and they sent them before the Fall grades were on there! :mad: ). U of I called me the day before everything was due to them to say they were missing my Fall grades. :eek: I about died. I had to go to the damn school, tell them how bad they f'd up, get an official copy handed directly to me, and pay $$$ to have them overnighted to U of I!! Boooooooooo!

I would have refused to pay especially if I still had my copy of the request where it was marked "send after fall semester." My undergrad also doesn't charge which is awesome. The email is a little inconvenient in that I used to be able to just log into my portal and type in the info and that'd be it, but it's still better than making me create new accounts like these other schools just cause I'm a former student and then charging me $10 per transcript.

I would have refused to pay especially if I still had my copy of the request where it was marked "send after fall semester." My undergrad also doesn't charge which is awesome. The email is a little inconvenient in that I used to be able to just log into my portal and type in the info and that'd be it, but it's still better than making me create new accounts like these other schools just cause I'm a former student and then charging me $10 per transcript.
I've paid that 2 years in a row for all of the schools and now will have to do it a 3rd time. :( Applying is so expensive!!!!!!

I've paid that 2 years in a row for all of the schools and now will have to do it a 3rd time. :( Applying is so expensive!!!!!!

Oh my god. I know. I was thrilled to learn that two schools I reapplied to didn't need me to resend GRE scores or anything like that. We have a bunch of interns at the clinic I work at and they're all like sophomores in college and I told them to start saving now cause I spent probably $2,000 at least on this application cycle especially when you factor in any traveling for interviews. Well, probably over $3000 when you factor in the animal nutrition course I added to be able to apply to a few schools and that was over $1,000. Granted, that was my fault for not shopping around better.

Orca- I did NOT pay for the transcript! :laugh: They offered to send it for free. I decided I didn't trust them to do anything right at that point and took it into my own hands!

I've paid that 2 years in a row for all of the schools and now will have to do it a 3rd time. :( Applying is so expensive!!!!

:thumbup::thumbup: so true! I've attended 4 different schools for undergrad, prereqs, and masters/teacher cert...it adds up FAST. 4 schools attended x 7 schools applied to = 28 transcript requests, 28 transcript requests x at LEAST $10 per school= $280...
too bad a couple of my schools charge $20-30 :( Yuck...plus, sending GRE score reports....the VMCAS...transportation and accommodations if you are lucky enough to get an interview.....:scared:

The BF left for work in such a fit that I am crying. He want's all of me, wants me to make him my first priority always. How do I reconcile that with being a Veterinarian? How the hell do I even get in to school when all I am doing takes me away from him and frustrates him? I bet this doesn't even make sense right now. I love him but I can't give up my dream.

The BF left for work in such a fit that I am crying. He want's all of me, wants me to make him my first priority always. How do I reconcile that with being a Veterinarian? How the hell do I even get in to school when all I am doing takes me away from him and frustrates him? I bet this doesn't even make sense right now. I love him but I can't give up my dream.

If you gave up your dream for him you would never forgive him. It would mess up your relationship. If he cannot understand or support you going to vet school then he is not the right guy for you. It sounds harsh, but it is the sad truth. It is not about making him a priority over vet school, it is about supporting each other in your goals and making a life together work. If that makes sense. I am sorry you are dealing with this. :(

And my rant - every damn day I turn on my computer and get the blue screen of death! Then I have to fix it and sometimes restore it to an earlier point ugh. Today it is not wanting to do either. It just needs to pull itself together until after finals and then I will be thankfully get a new computer due to uncle Sam (tax return). But it makes me want to throw it!!!!!!!!

:( hang in there FTB. Like Devyn said, you will never be able to forgive yourself if you give up your dream and that could really affect your relationship in the long run. You will always wonder, what if? I wish you could make him understand, and I wish he could be there to support you as you achieve your dream of being a veterinarian. It's hard loving someone so much, but loving a dream as well. I wish i had the right answers for you, just know you've got people to listen (and help if we can). I hope things turn around. Here for you girl!

It won't be just your veterinary dream, but any sort of independent life at all. He is looking for someone to be a slave to his desires, this is very narcissistic, and unhealthy for his companion.

You can try to get him used to the idea of your having a life, but honestly, his personality is going to be very resistant to the idea. You might want to talk to a professional about this because if you really love him you have a to make a very hard decision, and it might help to have a neutral person to discuss it with.

Just remember, this will be an issue no matter what you do. He is trapped in his own feelings with an inability to empathize. You will probably have to always subsume your desires for him and you either need to accept this or move on.

You can try to get him used to the idea of your having a life, but honestly, his personality is going to be very resistant to the idea. You might want to talk to a professional about this because if you really love him you have a to make a very hard decision, and it might help to have a neutral person to discuss it with.

I agree with SOV here. Except I'm going to say it may be better if you both go to a professional, perhaps alone at first and then together, or the opposite? I don't really know how these things generally work cause I'm a "GTFO at the first sign of danger" type of person but a professional might be able to help you both see what kind of relationship you're capable of having with each other, if you are at all.

I had a bf like that - 2 years ago. He picked fights before exams because I was busy studying, and caused my grades to suffer. The kicker was when I applied for Ross and he said the only way I could go is if we got married first AND he came with me - thoughtlessly abandoning his 3 year old daughter. That is when I realized it wasn't a healthy relationship - he would have caused me to fail vet school if we were together. It was hard leaving him, but it was the best decision. I now have someone who is super supportive of my dream and is going to help me in any way he can.

Good luck - having your heart torn 2 ways is never easy.

Awww FTB. That sucks. I know this probably doesnt help, but from actually personally talking to him and what my mother told me while you were in your interview (this sounds like I'm a stalker bahahah), he does want you to succeed as a vet. Maybe he doesn't realize he's becoming a hindrance? He just sounded like he'd go to the ends of the earth for you.

BUT, I never Gave up on my dreams bc of a guy, and I was sooooo close to doing it. I am so glad in the end that I made the right decisions, even though it was extremely sucky and depressin for a while. You will get through this. I hope le bf realizes the mistakes he's making and the pain he is causing you, but if not, I wish you luck making the right choice for yourself. :(

I got C's in both Orgo 1 AND Orgo 2. I promise it's not the end of the world! :)

I got a C in ochem 1, got TWO Ws in ochem 2, but pulled an A finally in ochem 2. SWEAR it's not the end!

Bengal kitten has pneumonia :(. She's feeling much better on antibiotics, but the vet thinks she probably is not going to have a long life span. She just keeps having issues...

Awwww poor thing.

But at least she's doing a little better??? All you can do is have a little faith and keep doing what you're doing, which is giving her excellent care.

Yup. Pretty sure I tanked that. Hopefully I was even able to stay in the C range! I almost cried during that test!

I think I'm panicking because I did not get in this year and my file reviews both said to finish school strong and not drop my GPA. :( (On the up side this would be my only C)

Awwww poor thing.

But at least she's doing a little better??? All you can do is have a little faith and keep doing what you're doing, which is giving her excellent care.

I'm sure she's going to break my heart, but I love her and I'm happy to give her the best care I can for as much time as she has left :) And lots of kisses.

I'm sure she's going to break my heart, but I love her and I'm happy to give her the best care I can for as much time as she has left :) And lots of kisses.

This is the key - and it's always worth it. I had a kitten with VSD (you could hear his heart murmur from across the room) wander into my life when he was about 5 months old. We only had him for 3 months, but he was the sweetest, coolest, most wonderful creature and we were so lucky to have him for that time. And to be able to give him peace when it was his time instead of him suffering on the street.