RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Another guy high on "bath salts" :rolleyes:

NY banned them Monday. It has taken the area I am currently living in by storm! It's insane how quickly this has become an issue. If these people weren't such a danger to the public I would say:
48133_10101970923410533_837749915_n.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Upstate NY now?? Great.

Yeah it's a pretty big problem in Syracuse actually. Lots of people hospitalized and a few cases of violence. :uhno:

What in the WORLD would inspire you to try something like that when you've seen what it's doing to people?!?!:confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know. Maybe people are bored with they're food and wanna try FACE.

I don't know. Maybe people are bored with they're food and wanna try FACE.

Well I know that "cheek" of some species is delicious... but I'm too lazy to hunt people down and have to chew the meet off, so I'll stick to my grouper cheeks, thanks! :cool:

I have to take 6... S-I-X... exams by July 12th and write a 12 page paper before I can even submit for the them :scared::smack::eek:
Why did I do this to myself?:mad: :slap:

Warning: rant about work.

I work in a molecular biology lab with 4 other summer students. Our lab is located in a government agricultural research center. It is already semi-stressful:
- Coworkers want to skip out early and complain about pay.
- Only male coworker does everything half-assed.
- DNA extraction kit is NOT working with the tissue we need to extract from. PI keeps getting us to keep doing extractions and changing little things when we have been told (and we have seen) that it is not going to work.
- The company that shares are space has accused us of crashing their internet, stealing their forks and using up too much space in their fridge.
- We brought fire blight into the area on one of our cultivars. GOODY.
- My carpool refuses to wait even 5 minutes for me. He leaves me notes and sends me texts, asking if I can get a ride when someone else because he took off. He has also been overcharging me for gas (no license, no car so I am naive when it comes to paying someone for gas)

Anyway.

When we started work, we were told there was not really a dress code. Close-toed shoes were to be worn in the building. We were told to wear whatever we wanted in the orchards as long as our parts were covered. Our PI joked that we could wear bikinis if we wanted to.

When I am working in the building, I prefer to dress casual/nice. Usually in jeans, a nice shirt and a cardigan. One of the girls wears lululemon yoga pants every day. I find that a little inappropriate. Whatever. Everyone else dresses okay.

The four of us girls have been recruited to work in the orchards. Yesterday, it was very humid and pushing 30 degrees C, so for the last hour of work outside, we worked in our sports bras and shorts because we were under the impression that we were allowed. I happened to have on long, lose athletic shorts that day. My butt was covered.

Today, we headed out to the field. We passed a very visible plot where a young guy we knew was working in the field shirtless.

Today, our lab manager got bombarded by 3 women. They told her that our asses were hanging out and that it is inappropriate for us to be wearing spandex and underwear in the field. Apparently some men who worked at the station have noticed it to. A man told my lab manager that men have noticed it but chose not to complain. The joke is that the men love the summer because of all of the young female students running around the station.

So...

1. The men around the station are leering at young girls.
2. Guys are allowed to go around shirtless. Guys are allowed to go around shirtless with their boxers hanging out of their pants (our male coworker worked like that before he got stuck doing things inside). Girls are not allowed to wear shorts and sport bras.
3. Our PI lied to us by saying it was okay for us to dress like that.
4. Whoever spoke to my lab manager lumped all 4 of us under the spandex/asses-hanging-out umbrella. I do not own spandex. Or short shorts.
5. We are not the only girls in the field. There is an entomology group that does work in our plot made up of four girls. After we got spoken to by our lab manager, they came up to do work. One was wearing a skin tight spaghetti strap top, cleavage hanging out and short shorts. We were targeted when it may not have even been us.

Our lab manager told us that she did not have a problem with how we looked today. We were all wearing shorts, varying in length, and tanks with a sports bra underneath.

I have NEVER been told that I dress inappropriately. Now I have been accused of running around in my underwear with my ass hanging out. LOVELY. And apparently guys leered at me the ONE day I was out in the field in my sports bra. Our plot isn't even really that visible, so wtf?!

Funny how they notice us the ONE day we are in our sports bras... but they have yet to notice any of us going off the plot to pee in the woods, which is illegal (yes, it is illegal to pee on land where food is grown.)

Plans have changed and I have to stay another week in this chaos house. :scared:

Yeah it's a pretty big problem in Syracuse actually. Lots of people hospitalized and a few cases of violence. :uhno:

What in the WORLD would inspire you to try something like that when you've seen what it's doing to people?!?!:confused:

It was actually huge in the UK (and legal until April 2010) when I was abroad there. Went by Mkat generally and might have been only mephedrone and not the mixture of stuff people are using, but I honestly don't know a whole lot about it. I had always heard some crazy stories about people on it, but I also knew a lot of people who did it (within limits so to speak) and I actually couldn't really outwardly tell they were on it. Granted they were usually drunk at the time (as was I), so I wasn't really paying attention to dilated pupils or anything like that. But if you don't overdo it, you just get really awake and aware of things for a bit until you come off it. So many people used it for the clubs. Not saying people should do it or anything like that.

And my rant. So I bought a dissection kit for my marine vertebrates class in England. Was totally hoping I'd be able to use it at Penn this fall. Nope. Not a single instrument meets the requirements. I need a #4 handle, I have a #3. My probes aren't necessarily super blunt and I don't have a rat tooth forceps. Looks like I'm going to have to spend money I was really hoping to put to something else.

Members don't see this ad :)
When people do this on craigslist....

"Couch for sale - $825

I've had the couch for 12 years, still in decent shape, paid $850 for it then, asking $825."

:uhno:

Um... no... that's uh... not how it works dude. :slap:

When people do this on craigslist....

"Couch for sale - $825

I've had the couch for 12 years, still in decent shape, paid $850 for it then, asking $825."

:uhno:

Um... no... that's uh... not how it works dude. :slap:

That's too funny.

:( Football lottery ticket results are out. A few people have gotten the good news emails and I'm yet to hear.... it feels like admissions season on SDN all over again. One person hears good news, and bc you don't have an email 14 milliseconds later, you assume the worst. :smack: I'm already at the "just tell me the bad news so I don't have to wait anymore" stage.... fecking pathetic! :rolleyes:

Another rant:
JMJ and I were trying to make plans for Sunday and they aren't gonna work out.... *le sigh* :lame:

Last edited:
And my rant. So I bought a dissection kit for my marine vertebrates class in England. Was totally hoping I'd be able to use it at Penn this fall. Nope. Not a single instrument meets the requirements. I need a #4 handle, I have a #3. My probes aren't necessarily super blunt and I don't have a rat tooth forceps. Looks like I'm going to have to spend money I was really hoping to put to something else.
the dissection kit was really cheap in the past. But the store that sold them is out of business. Still, you could probably use your stuff anyway because it hardly matters. People (like me) lost instruments half way through the course and just got whatever. The requirements are not enforced. And if you don't have one instrument someone in your group will. You never end up with your own instruments anyway.

the dissection kit was really cheap in the past. But the store that sold them is out of business. Still, you could probably use your stuff anyway because it hardly matters. People (like me) lost instruments half way through the course and just got whatever. The requirements are not enforced. And if you don't have one instrument someone in your group will. You never end up with your own instruments anyway.

Well that's good to know. We just got an email today actually about anatomy supplies and microscopes. Apparently we can get everything for the kit for like $21 and have it given to us during orientation.

Emiloo4 said:
Another rant:
JMJ and I were trying to make plans for Sunday and they aren't gonna work out.... *le sigh* :lame:

Booo!!! :(

Also, why are you do upset about a football game? Confused.

Booo!!! :(

Also, why are you do upset about a football game? Confused.

UF does a lottery for season football tickets. A bunch of my future classmates got season tickets, and I have yet to receive an email about whether I did or not (which means I didn't get them :oops:). Going to games is one of my favorite things ever. They have a big block for the vet students though, and everyone has said there are always extra tickets so it will be fine.

Trematode- the reason you're getting the attention is because you aren't an idiot who prances around like that all the time. Since you don't normally show up to work in your workout clothes (like miss yoga pants), someone noticed when you did. I know it's annoying, but it comes with being a respectable person :p

UF does a lottery for season football tickets. A bunch of my future classmates got season tickets, and I have yet to receive an email about whether I did or not (which means I didn't get them :oops:). Going to games is one of my favorite things ever. They have a big block for the vet students though, and everyone has said there are always extra tickets so it will be fine.

Well good that you'll be able to still go to games. I find it funny that you were initially disgusted about the prospect of supporting UF football and now you're all gung-ho. Way to ditch FSU, Emiloo. Traitor. :p

Well good that you'll be able to still go to games. I find it funny that you were initially disgusted about the prospect of supporting UF football and now you're all gung-ho. Way to ditch FSU, Emiloo. Traitor. :p

No let's get this straight lol. I will never cheer for the gators over the Seminoles, but I do want to take full advantage of football season and have a good time. There are actually a few of us Seminoles starting this year and we've already teamed together to cheer against the gators :smuggrin:

I am so SICK of my family right now! They have absolutely no concept of the application process. They keep harping on me for my volunteer and intern hours. They keep asking me why I don't pick up more hours at my clinic. I TOLD them that almost all of my file reviews said that I need to not focus on veterinary hours, I have a ton, and to get unique hours, research, and broaden my leadership. So I am. Wherever I can, whether it's paid or not. My family needs to stop arguing with me that I am doing this wrong because all of their advise is pretty much the OPPOSITE of what the schools have told me. NONE of them have been through this process so until they have, they need to back off and let me figure this crap out!!! And OF COURSE I would love to get paid for every hour of anything I do!! But that isn't realistic!!!! :mad:

No let's get this straight lol. I will never cheer for the gators over the Seminoles, but I do want to take full advantage of football season and have a good time. There are actually a few of us Seminoles starting this year and we've already teamed together to cheer against the gators :smuggrin:

Oooook lady loo, I'll be keepin my eye on youuuuuu ;)

http://thenicestplaceontheinter.net/?

Family and friends really don't understand the process - they can be frustrating, but remember that they are trying to help.
:oops: That is the most adorable website I've ever seen. Thank you. Yeah, I know they want what is best for me. It just gets hard listening about how I am going about this all wrong and I obviously didn't understand the (very straight forward) file reviews.

First I couldn't fall asleep because of bf stuff (not really bad stuff), then the puppy kept me up all this time because she's having such active dreams and keeps scratching around the crate, and now that she's finally sleeping quietly, my brother got home from work. He brought friends and they're drinking and having fun and being really loud, so of course I can't sleep again. I have to be up in an hour and a half because of work and have barely slept. Work is hard when I have a good night's sleep. Well I didn't. It's gonna suck.

I'm so ready to get out of here again. I hate living with my brother and his friend. I with we didn't have to move the move in date to next week. Then I'd already be out of here.. But I'm not. Another week here.

The music just started. And I really appreciate them talking **** about me so loudly. The reason I barely leave the room when at the house is because I don't want the puppy running around the house. It's gross. There's so much stuff it could get into/eat. I tried but it's pretty much impossible to get this place clean and puppy safe.

I'm tired. And really don't like my brother talking about me like that. :(

Thanks. :) I'm definitely ready to move. It's gonna take even longer to get to work then, but it's so gonna be worth it. Talked to my mom and I think I can stay at the house on Thursday already. :)

After 4 visits to fix one of the 3 a/c units in my house (it needs all 3, believe me), they have finally figured out the trouble and it is another $700. I've got no choice because the top floors of the house are unliveable lately.

Meanwhile they were supposed to be here at 9am, got up early to be ready, and they showed up at 12:30. Now it will take 2-3 hours. Thanks for ruining my Saturday.

Emiloo, trust me...you will receive so many e-mails every week about fellow vet students wanting to sell their tickets that you will curse at each one as it floods your inbox. Also, since the gators suck now...you can get the tickets for face value most of the time ($15). Plus, the tailgate is far better than the actual game. We have our own spot and you can even usually find tickets then if you didn't get them earlier in the week...people get drunk or their friend is passed out and doesn't want to/can't go anymore.

My rant...I have these weird pinpoint red papules on my arm and I don't know what they're from. I just look diseased

After 4 visits to fix one of the 3 a/c units in my house (it needs all 3, believe me), they have finally figured out the trouble and it is another $700. I've got no choice because the top floors of the house are unliveable lately.

Meanwhile they were supposed to be here at 9am, got up early to be ready, and they showed up at 12:30. Now it will take 2-3 hours. Thanks for ruining my Saturday.
and now he "accidentally" cut a fitting that shouldn't have been cut.
Has to get a new one on Monday. 2 more days without a/c up there. At least it is only in the upper 80s today.

Last edited:
Also, since the gators always suck now...you can get the tickets for face value most of the time ($15).

FTFY :smuggrin:

And yeah, I'm not too worried, I don't really want to be in the "swamp" anyway.:barf:
Like you said, most of the fun is before the game :cool:

and um....

Go 'noles!
Our chants only require one hand, so we can drink beer with the other ;)

My brother was supposed to take the puppy out while I'm at work. Instead, without telling me, he went to work and let his friend take care of the dog. I had no idea about that. I come home and find out that said friend let Ivy play with my hairbrush, almost chew threw collar and leash, and ruin my favorite bag. Thank you very much. I'm bringing her to a friend now until tomorrow. I really hope she didn't swallow anything bad because I really don't want my friend to have any trouble with her.

I'm so done with them. I'm so upset with them. Tomorrow after work, I'm moving my stuff to another friend's house. Couldn't do that before because of work. Now it doesn't matter. I move into my house before having to work again and it doesn't matter where I live before then.

And I really hope my Ivy is ok. I don't want her getting sick from something because of those jerks. :(

I just spent 8 hours writing a 12 page assignment. The professor said it needed to be 4000 words. I had 3987. I sent him the assignment and within 45 seconds he sent it back with a "94% a little short" :mad: You mean to tell me I could have written 4000 words about how I want to punch you in this face and you would have given me a 100? He literally must have copied and pasted it into micro word, checked the word count and gave me a grade lol. I don't care about the grade, but when I spend eight hours writing a damn good assignment, at least take some time to respond and act like you read the damn thing lol. What a chode. I hate when professors act like that. So much for caring if I learned the material or not :eyeroll:

I just spent 8 hours writing a 12 page assignment. The professor said it needed to be 4000 words. I had 3987. I sent him the assignment and within 45 seconds he sent it back with a "94% a little short" :mad: You mean to tell me I could have written 4000 words about how I want to punch you in this face and you would have given me a 100? He literally must have copied and pasted it into micro word, checked the word count and gave me a grade lol. I don't care about the grade, but when I spend eight hours writing a damn good assignment, at least take some time to respond and act like you read the damn thing lol. What a chode. I hate when professors act like that. So much for caring if I learned the material or not :eyeroll:
that sounds like a "quip", "a joke", "a light-hearted comment on your exactness to the limit". Perhaps you have misjudged mehim.

My grandmother, who has been in the hospital for 6 weeks with pneumonia, now has an abscess in her GI tract that will require surgery tomorrow.

that sounds like a "quip", "a joke", "a light-hearted comment on your exactness to the limit". Perhaps you have misjudged mehim.

He literally gave me a grade less than a minute after I sent it. :rolleyes: He didn't read it. :cool: