RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My grandmother, who has been in the hospital for 6 weeks with pneumonia, now has an abscess in her GI tract that will require surgery tomorrow.

Good thoughts for your grandma! :love::luck::xf:

Members don't see this ad.

He literally gave me a grade less than a minute after I sent it. :rolleyes: He didn't read it. :cool:

Same thing happened to me with my animal nutrition feeding project. At this point, I don't really care because I rushed through the thing anyway and it was just a hurdle to jump in order to start vet school. He gave me an A and discussed one small thing I could've changed and that was that. :shrug:

Same thing happened to me with my animal nutrition feeding project. At this point, I don't really care because I rushed through the thing anyway and it was just a hurdle to jump in order to start vet school. He gave me an A and discussed one small thing I could've changed and that was that. :shrug:

Yeah this was animal nutrition as well. I'm honestly not mad, I'm soooo relieved I am done with the 12 page assignment (the last one of 13 assts :rolleyes:), I just wish I would have known beforehand and I would have written a bunch of song lyrics on the damn pages. :)
I just need to pass the 5 exams and be done with it :thumbup:. A "C" is all I need!:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah this was animal nutrition as well. I'm honestly not mad, I'm soooo relieved I am done with the 12 page assignment (the last one of 13 assts :rolleyes:), I just wish I would have known beforehand and I would have written a bunch of song lyrics on the damn pages. :)
I just need to pass the 5 exams and be done with it :thumbup:. A "C" is all I need!:xf:

Good for you lady loo. Can't believe you crammed all that in. :thumbup:

Sigh. I should just never ever ever ever go out in the sun. I was out for the Girl Scout Jamboree today with the zoo (we had some of the tamer critters out there). I put on sunscreen religiously but I'm still sunburned. Thank goodness not quite as bad as last time. But I don't feel good.

I feel your pain. I'm about to set myself up for failure by going to the beach today. My 100spf umbrella is coming out!

Ugh, the Facebook page for my incoming class is ridiculous. People keep posting questions for crap that was already answered, but they are too lazy to look back and find it. Ex: "Where can I find the schedule of classes again?" #foreheadslap (<--- on my phone) and then of course the comment section turns into answering other types of questions that should actually be different posts. Noobs. SDN, you've ruined me!!

I'm at the local emergency vet hospital with Cabernet... Lacerated ear from playing with the other dog.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

So my horse and I have been tootling along as usual, doing the things we do as usual, and today I hopped off after my ride and untacked and OMFG WHY ARE MY HORSE'S WITHERS BLEEDING?! :eek: Apparently the saddle he has been wearing for 2 years quite happily, which was, in fact, hailed as the second coming because it fit him so perfectly, is now making him bleed - along the sides of his withers towards the back, it is putting enough pressure that it is rubbing him raw. I was mortified and appalled and also omfg I cannot deal with the prospect of buying a new saddle right now. I mean, hooray, his back muscles are developing more, but what the HECK. :beat: (Ironically appropriate, I thought.)

I'm at the local emergency vet hospital with Cabernet... Lacerated ear from playing with the other dog.

:( Poor Cab. The day we adopted my dog, they called us that morning to ask us to pick him up from the ER instead, because his ear was torn the whole way down from another dog attacking him. It healed really well thank goodness. Good luck with Cabernet :(. Kisses to her! :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
:( Poor Cab. The day we adopted my dog, they called us that morning to ask us to pick him up from the ER instead, because his ear was torn the whole way down from another dog attacking him. It healed really well thank goodness. Good luck with Cabernet :(. Kisses to her! :love:

Thanks! The plus side? I'm now an expert on removing blood from carpet...

Those boogers are bleeders aren't they? :eek:

We had a cat like that come in while I was shadowing the other day, the poor thing flung blood everywhere. It also just so happened to be the day I didn't wear a scrub top:rolleyes:

My first thought was "Ugh, ears are so VASCULAR!!" LOL. H2O2 is your friend!!!! Hope she's feeling alright Jam :(

Oh yes, lots of H2O2...

She is ok..they sedated her so she's been sleeping. Also dosed her with Previcox and Hydroxyzine so she won't shake her head too much. :xf:

Oh yes, lots of H2O2...

She is ok..they sedated her so she's been sleeping. Also dosed her with Previcox and Hydroxyzine so she won't shake her head too much. :xf:

That's good. Keeping her from shaking her head is gonna be the worst par. I took care of a dog that had a wounded ear and we taped it to the top of her head? LOL but that only works if there's a bandage in the first place. Was is a bad wound? :(

That's good. Keeping her from shaking her head is gonna be the worst par. I took care of a dog that had a wounded ear and we taped it to the top of her head? LOL but that only works if there's a bandage in the first place. Was is a bad wound? :(

My poor friend spent over 9 months :eek: trying to get her dog's tiny little cut to heal in his ear. She spent thousands of dollars on bandage wrapping and ER appointments. It was really ridiculous. And then there was my dog who's ear had a 3 inch slit from top to bottom and it healed in 10 days... I felt strangely guilty about my dog healing :oops:
(It turned out later that the dog had vonWillebrand's Disease and was put to sleep when he couldn't recover from an amemic episode - which explains a lot). :(

My poor friend spent over 9 months :eek: trying to get her dog's tiny little cut to heal in his ear. She spent thousands of dollars on bandage wrapping and ER appointments. It was really ridiculous. And then there was my dog who's ear had a 3 inch slit from top to bottom and it healed in 10 days... I felt strangely guilty about my dog healing :oops:
(It turned out later that the dog had vonWillebrand's Disease and was put to sleep when he couldn't recover from an amemic episode - which explains a lot). :(

Oh no! That's awful!!

Luckily, it was pretty minor. Only required 3 staples. Here is a before picture:

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1340587813011.jpg

DYACHEI....

I hope you survived TS Debby today :scared:. There were tornadoes and lots of flooding by my parents house, and I saw your area had lots of flooding too. Hope all is well :xf:

:eek: Eeep. Me too!! Hope all is well for your parents too em.

By Dyachei....
604049_10151888357790192_284658228_n.jpg

By my parents...
229811_10150896980110009_1608417199_n.jpg

181428_10151860300330290_1913883381_n.jpg

I think everything was ok with the 'rents. :thumbup:

So out of everyone in my family, I inherited all the Irish genes. Blue eyes, lighter hair and fair skin. My mom is mostly Irish but she at least has less fair skin than I do. My dad's 100% Italian and my sister looks mostly Italian (she gets crazy tan, so jealous). Well, my mom and sister spent 14 days in Florida without me because I had to work so I decided to spend the past two days at the pool to catch up on some sun. I'm not as badly burnt as I could be, but the areas that are definitely hurt a bit. The worse spot--my scalp. Can't wait for it to start peeling and look like I have dandruff. Will probably happen when I'm supposed to go to PSU for Arts Fest where I'll be staying with my ex. Awesome.

So out of everyone in my family, I inherited all the Irish genes. Blue eyes, lighter hair and fair skin. My mom is mostly Irish but she at least has less fair skin than I do. My dad's 100% Italian and my sister looks mostly Italian (she gets crazy tan, so jealous). Well, my mom and sister spent 14 days in Florida without me because I had to work so I decided to spend the past two days at the pool to catch up on some sun. I'm not as badly burnt as I could be, but the areas that are definitely hurt a bit. The worse spot--my scalp. Can't wait for it to start peeling and look like I have dandruff. Will probably happen when I'm supposed to go to PSU for Arts Fest where I'll be staying with my ex. Awesome.
Bleh, I just went through the burnt scalp thing. It's so gross looking. There were huge chunks peeling off right at my hairline... so attractive :laugh:. :xf: yours isn't too bad.

Bleh, I just went through the burnt scalp thing. It's so gross looking. There were huge chunks peeling off right at my hairline... so attractive :laugh:. :xf: yours isn't too bad.

Ugh. At least yours is done with. And thanks! Although, I don't think it's possible for a peeling scalp to not be bad.

Yikes!! I am so afraid of tornadoes and hurricanes. I really do hope everyone is alright.

I'm one of those weirdos that loves terrible weather. Not a fan of the destruction, and we've definitely dealt with our share of fixing our house every year :rolleyes:, but I think they are so powerful and amazing. When the storms aren't too bad, we have parties in our garages while they blow through. We play hurricane beer pong :D. We start out with 20 balls and in about 10 minutes they have all been taken away with the wind, mid-toss :laugh:

I'm one of those weirdos that loves terrible weather. Not a fan of the destruction, and we've definitely dealt with our share of fixing our house every year :rolleyes:, but I think they are so powerful and amazing. When the storms aren't too bad, we have parties in our garages while they blow through. We play hurricane beer pong :D. We start out with 20 balls and in about 10 minutes they have all been taken away with the wind, mid-toss :laugh:

I love blizzards (kinda like driving in them too lol), but those won't punt your house across the state lol

I thought I should mention that my friend tried to get married in this today :laugh:. (Outdoor wedding too :smack:)

I'm actually really fascinated by them as well, which is weird considering as soon as I hear about a tornado warning/watch I freak out and start taking like everything I own in to the basement. Well, not so much now. I used to be really bad when I was little. My mom was actually convinced that I was going to be a Storm Chaser when I was little and thought that if I ended up at OK State I would start doing that as a 2nd career. Haha.

I'm actually really fascinated by them as well, which is weird considering as soon as I hear about a tornado warning/watch I freak out and start taking like everything I own in to the basement. Well, not so much now. I used to be really bad when I was little. My mom was actually convinced that I was going to be a Storm Chaser when I was little and thought that if I ended up at OK State I would start doing that as a 2nd career. Haha.

One time, we had a tornado warning, and my parents, my brother, our cat, dog, iguanas, ball python, african grey parrot, and I all went into our tiny 6x4 laundry room with a mattress over us :laugh:. It was a damn food chain in there, and it WASN'T pretty! We had our own little tornado in that laundry room. :smuggrin:

Last day at disney today.... :(

Slight rave though because I am exhausted. And severely sunburned. I think my nose is about the darkest red it can possibly be. Time to get some sleep before heading home tomorrow..:sleep:

Speaking of sunburns, I was told that my back looks like neopolotain (however you spell it): pale (vanilla), then burn (strawberry) and then old burn (chocolate). I have two wings on my back from wearing racerbacks and not being apple to find someone to help me reapply sun screen.

I also have a nice strip across my backside where my shirt rode up one day. My back is a mess.

thanks for the concern, Emiloo. Luckily, we are okay here. Not sure if I will be able to get to work this morning. I'm more worried about my parents house to the south of where I am. I can't really get to it because of flooding and they are out of town.

We had minor roof leaks here - one went through our smoke detector so our power is out in the master bedroom from when it finally shorted. We called maintenance and they didn't seem to care - there was a lot of flooding everywhere. The cats are definitely freaked.

I think the worst part is that there actually wasn't a lot of warning about it - I think it took the area a little more unaware than they are used to.

thanks for the concern, Emiloo. Luckily, we are okay here. Not sure if I will be able to get to work this morning. I'm more worried about my parents house to the south of where I am. I can't really get to it because of flooding and they are out of town.

We had minor roof leaks here - one went through our smoke detector so our power is out in the master bedroom from when it finally shorted. We called maintenance and they didn't seem to care - there was a lot of flooding everywhere. The cats are definitely freaked.

I think the worst part is that there actually wasn't a lot of warning about it - I think it took the area a little more unaware than they are used to.

Glad to hear most everything is ok. The joys of living in Florida :rolleyes:

When it comes to weather, I do not know how some of you manage. I consider myself very lucky to be living where I am. We get the occasional blizzard or hurricane, but nothing to the extent where we need to worry about ourselves, our loved ones and our houses. Every time I hear about something like dyachei and others are describing, I do worry a lot for those involved. Hang in there.

I have a feeling that my best friend is going to belittle me to the point where I am just going to blurt out something nasty about her." Yesterday, my friend started picking at me about my Instagram habits OF ALL THINGS. We are not TWELVE. So WHO CARES. "You like to photobomb Instagram. You post so many pictures of flowers and s*** that my boyfriend had to unfollow you. And what is with all the pictures of your boyfriend taking pictures? You only have more followers than me because you hash tag the s*** out of all of your pictures." Wtf?!?! Stuff like this goes down all of the time about my wardrobe, my old boyfriends, my old roommates and it is so hard not to say something nasty back or tell her to stfu.

Yes, this is the same friend that I have talked about in the past. I think I need to drop her like a hot potato.

Glad to hear you are ok. I hope your parents' house made it through ok. I'll take tornadoes over hurricanes and flooding like that any day!

One time, we had a tornado warning, and my parents, my brother, our cat, dog, iguanas, ball python, african grey parrot, and I all went into our tiny 6x4 laundry room with a mattress over us :laugh:. It was a damn food chain in there, and it WASN'T pretty! We had our own little tornado in that laundry room. :smuggrin:

Lol!! :laugh:
I wonder what it would be like if I took all my pets downstairs in a tornado warning... all my lizards would be chew toys for my dog :eek:

I used to have semi-nightmares when I was younger and living with my parents. I would dream that I was home alone and a tornado came and I wasn't able to get all the cats downstairs in time. They had 5 or 6 inside at the time, all of them had medical problems which is why they weren't outside.(They live on a farm, many cats outside in the barn).

When it comes to weather, I do not know how some of you manage. I consider myself very lucky to be living where I am. We get the occasional blizzard or hurricane, but nothing to the extent where we need to worry about ourselves, our loved ones and our houses. Every time I hear about something like dyachei and others are describing, I do worry a lot for those involved. Hang in there.

I have a feeling that my best friend is going to belittle me to the point where I am just going to blurt out something nasty about her." Yesterday, my friend started picking at me about my Instagram habits OF ALL THINGS. We are not TWELVE. So WHO CARES. "You like to photobomb Instagram. You post so many pictures of flowers and s*** that my boyfriend had to unfollow you. And what is with all the pictures of your boyfriend taking pictures? You only have more followers than me because you hash tag the s*** out of all of your pictures." Wtf?!?! Stuff like this goes down all of the time about my wardrobe, my old boyfriends, my old roommates and it is so hard not to say something nasty back or tell her to stfu.

Yes, this is the same friend that I have talked about in the past. I think I need to drop her like a hot potato.

:( I agree.