RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It makes me wonder how people pass their driver's tests when they park this horribly. Feeling petty and I don't have anywhere to be until 4:30 so I'm waiting.
ImageUploadedBySDN1487100149.867408.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Sending many hugs to you, jmo. So sorry

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

It makes me wonder how people pass their driver's tests when they park this horribly. Feeling petty and I don't have anywhere to be until 4:30 so I'm waiting.
View attachment 214741
I feel bad because being from a land of awful drivers I didn't even see anything unusual about this until I looked at it for a minute. I've seen people park way closer haha

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I feel bad because being from a land of awful drivers I didn't even see anything unusual about this until I looked at it for a minute. I've seen people park way closer haha

Yea same but I'm feeling petty, it's nice out, and, I don't have anywhere to be

I'm one of those terrible drivers. Sometimes I even back up and try to re-park a couple times, but as long as I'm within my lines I'm calling it a win.

I'm one of those terrible drivers. Sometimes I even back up and try to re-park a couple times, but as long as I'm within my lines I'm calling it a win.

Yea I can get bad but I always make sure others can get into their cars

View attachment 214741

I had someone box me in at my old place like that. Their mirror was less than an inch from my driver side mirror. To make things worse, it was early in the morning, I was wearing nice clothes, and I had to give some kind of presentation at the school so I didn't have time to wait. I had to climb through the damn passenger side. I'm on the fat side and it was a sedan so that was a ****ty morning. I did seriously consider smashing my door into their car but I figured life had already made that person a stupid inconsiderate dingus and that was punishment enough.

I'm 100% guilty of parking too close to people at school because parking stalls are tiny and my truck barely fits. However I try to park as nice as possible.

Parking like the photo above is just sad. At least stay in the lines!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

You currently live in a state of crappy drivers. 50% of my apathy/dislike of Colorado comes from the crappy drivers. I'm terrified of driving in my truck on I-25 because I can legit kill someone that's being stupid. I might get a dash cam.

Jmo, much love your way.

You currently live in a state of crappy drivers. 50% of my apathy/dislike of Colorado comes from the crappy drivers. I'm terrified of driving in my truck on I-25 because I can legit kill someone that's being stupid. I might get a dash cam.

Jmo, much love your way.
Colorado drivers are terrible but I have yet to see someone throw their car into reverse on an entrance ramp and back off of the highway, which I have seen someone do in TX before. Also I have yet to be threatened with a gun or chased by someone with road rage. I'm standing by my original assessment of TX driving. :p

Reactions: 4 users
Colorado drivers are terrible but I have yet to see someone throw their car into reverse on an entrance ramp and back off of the highway, which I have seen someone do in TX before. Also I have yet to be threatened with a gun or chased by someone with road rage. I'm standing by my original assessment of TX driving. :p
I saw someone do that in AZ too. And I knew who the lady was. lol. I judged them. "you" in the gif below is the driver...
74123-quietly-judging-you-gif-GLEE-t2ky.gif

Wait, what are we the worst at?

I just drive like I own the road. Isn't that how you're supposed to do it?

Sure, as long as you aren't going under the speed limit and staring at the scenery as you drive. Which is what every Minn driver I've been behind does....

Signed,
Speed limit is just a suggestion you really should go at least that number if not 10 over

Sure, as long as you aren't going under the speed limit and staring at the scenery as you drive. Which is what every Minn driver I've been behind does....

Signed,
Speed limit is just a suggestion you really should go at least that number if not 10 over

Which frickin' roads do YOU drive on in MN? We drive 80mph in white-out snowstorms! And trucks still pass you.

Ok, granted, we're not like Florida drivers who seem to read '6' as '9' when it comes to speed limits, but I honestly can't say I've noticed too much *slow* driving up here.

Of course, when you're weaving in/out and passing people on the shoulder like I do you just sorta ignore slower drivers.

Which frickin' roads do YOU drive on in MN? We drive 80mph in white-out snowstorms! And trucks still pass you.

Ok, granted, we're not like Florida drivers who seem to read '6' as '9' when it comes to speed limits, but I honestly can't say I've noticed too much *slow* driving up here.

Of course, when you're weaving in/out and passing people on the shoulder like I do you just sorta ignore slower drivers.

Just the Minn drivers I got stuck behind living in that state to the south of you. And I nearly got killed by a number of Minn drivers who apparently don't realize...you have to look before you back out of a parking spot.

Just the Minn drivers I got stuck behind living in that state to the south of you. And I nearly got killed by a number of Minn drivers who apparently don't realize...you have to look before you back out of a parking spot.

Look where? BEHIND? That strains the neck.

Way easier to just back slowly, and if nobody honks at you, keep going.

And if someone honks at you, keep going.

True story, though, I backed into my garage door a month or so ago. From inside the garage. That was kinda embarrassing since my wife was standing in the garage watching it happen. Knocked the garage door right off the rails. It was stellar.

Reactions: 9 users

True story, though, I backed into my garage door a month or so ago. From inside the garage. That was kinda embarrassing since my wife was standing in the garage watching it happen. Knocked the garage door right off the rails. It was stellar.
I was impatient and bonked ours with my car's bike rack a couple weeks ago. Bent the inner support a little but thankfully still works fine. Partner was a little grumpy though. :p

I was impatient and bonked ours with my car's bike rack a couple weeks ago. Bent the inner support a little but thankfully still works fine. Partner was a little grumpy though. :p

Yeah. My habit is to open the garage door when I walk into the garage, then by the time I'm in my car and ready to go it's open. This time I didn't. So I got in the car, started it, hit the garage door button, and started backing out. It was super awesome hearing the grating sound of the garage door dragging across the back of my car. And seeing the horror on my wife's face. Who knew that the garage door doesn't just spring open in 3 seconds???? Crazy!

That's right - and they trust me with endoscopes and other expensive equipment. *cackle*

Reactions: 3 users

:lol:

That totally sucks. But see... Minn drivers are totally the worst. ;)

I mean you can get a DUI if you are behind the wheel of a vehicle that is on but parked. So, yes, I say it is "driving"... you did have to make the vehicle move to get it through the garage door.

Dammit. It's like you're the insurance company or something.

I mean you can get a DUI if you are behind the wheel of a vehicle that is on but parked. So, yes, I say it is "driving"... you did have to make the vehicle move to get it through the garage door.
You can get a DUI for being in the drivers seat and the keys are in the car (not ignition). At least you can in PA. A friend of mine was too drunk to drive home, so he decided to sleep it off I'm his car, keys were on the floor of the passenger side, and he woke up to cops knocking on his window. They told him he should have been in the back seat and he should have hidden the keys in the bushes outside of the car.

You can get a DUI for being in the drivers seat and the keys are in the car (not ignition). At least you can in PA. A friend of mine was too drunk to drive home, so he decided to sleep it off I'm his car, keys were on the floor of the passenger side, and he woke up to cops knocking on his window. They told him he should have been in the back seat and he should have hidden the keys in the bushes outside of the car.

In what world would it make sense to hide keys in the bushes outside?:confused:

Incredible amounts of impostor syndrome here. Kinda meta, if I am aware that it is likely impostor syndrome but at the same time seriously concerned that I may be finally exposed as a doofus who coasts along by understanding just enough to look like I know what I''m doing is is impostor syndrome or am I actually stupid, 'cause I feel actually stupid.
Telemetry data is cool and probably useful but I need a masters in data analysis and several levels better understanding of Excel to be on a level with my telemetry guys. And they're like "you just do this and manipulate all of it at once and here's this formula and you can write one just like it, easy." I'm thinking I'll need a ton of hand holding and they all must think I'm a class-A idiot and if they don't already they will in the next week as I ask all these stupid questions.

Sigh, I just need to be like "Man up FTB! Pull on those big girl pants and do the thing!" There's a very real fear that I can't do the thing and will never be published or taken seriously.

Anyone worked with telemetry data or Excel that I can run a stupid question by to shore up my facade?

Not arguing here, TX drivers are pretty bad. (That road rage though- being a good TX driver involves having a strong vocabulary of explicit words.)

But in my experience, Tulsa (OK) drivers are worse! I've driven in a lot of big cities both in the US and in a couple different countries, and Tulsa has the second worst drivers I've ever seen. (The first being Naples because they literally pull onto sidewalks and incoming traffic if the traffic is even slightly bad, and blatantly ignore stop lights. For obvious reasons I didn't drive here hahaha).

Reactions: 1 user
150% done with this rotation. :mad:

Incredible amounts of impostor syndrome here. Kinda meta, if I am aware that it is likely impostor syndrome but at the same time seriously concerned that I may be finally exposed as a doofus who coasts along by understanding just enough to look like I know what I''m doing is is impostor syndrome or am I actually stupid, 'cause I feel actually stupid.
Telemetry data is cool and probably useful but I need a masters in data analysis and several levels better understanding of Excel to be on a level with my telemetry guys. And they're like "you just do this and manipulate all of it at once and here's this formula and you can write one just like it, easy." I'm thinking I'll need a ton of hand holding and they all must think I'm a class-A idiot and if they don't already they will in the next week as I ask all these stupid questions.

Sigh, I just need to be like "Man up FTB! Pull on those big girl pants and do the thing!" There's a very real fear that I can't do the thing and will never be published or taken seriously.

Anyone worked with telemetry data or Excel that I can run a stupid question by to shore up my facade?

So I have experience with data manipulation and analysis, and moderate experience with Excel, but not specific experience with telemetry data. I'd be happy to try to answer some questions you have, but trust me you're not stupid. Feel free to PM me.

Not arguing here, TX drivers are pretty bad. (That road rage though- being a good TX driver involves having a strong vocabulary of explicit words.)

But in my experience, Tulsa (OK) drivers are worse! I've driven in a lot of big cities both in the US and in a couple different countries, and Tulsa has the second worst drivers I've ever seen. (The first being Naples because they literally pull onto sidewalks and incoming traffic if the traffic is even slightly bad, and blatantly ignore stop lights. For obvious reasons I didn't drive here hahaha).
I don't know why this is a thing in OK, but I've seen so many people who get pulled over by police officers on the highway and decide that the best place to pull over is on those curving off-ramps. Like wat.

Although in CO I have absolutely seen people drive on the sidewalk... Around other cars... Because there is traffic because a train is passing through town and nobody can move forward. I don't know why it never occurs to people that even if you drive around all of the cars stuck in traffic and get to the front of the line you still won't be able to go anywhere because there is a flipping TRAIN in front of you, but that's just me.

I don't know why this is a thing in OK, but I've seen so many people who get pulled over by police officers on the highway and decide that the best place to pull over is on those curving off-ramps. Like wat.

Although in CO I have absolutely seen people drive on the sidewalk... Around other cars... Because there is traffic because a train is passing through town and nobody can move forward. I don't know why it never occurs to people that even if you drive around all of the cars stuck in traffic and get to the front of the line you still won't be able to go anywhere because there is a flipping TRAIN in front of you, but that's just me.
DO TRAINS NOT GET OUT OF THEIR WAY FOR YOU?!?!?! HOW DARE THEY NOT!!!!!

This might be up @SummerTheLynx 's alley. I'm about the same as Coopah. Might be a little more proficient with excel

But omg you need to stop immediately if you get stopped by a cop. I've seen someone stop on the side of the highway 100 feet away from the exit ramp. People are stupid

But omg you need to stop immediately if you get stopped by a cop. I've seen someone stop on the side of the highway 100 feet away from the exit ramp. People are stupid
I've actually known officers who would make people move if they did this. Roadside stops are already dangerous for police officers and that's without introducing the possibility of getting creamed by somebody going 75 because you wanted to pull over on the shoulder of the highway.

The best are foreign drivers. Apparently in some Asian countries, the cop pulls in front of the car to stop you or they mail you the ticket, so when I worked as a dispatcher at UCSB these visiting scientists/professors would just keep driving their rental Toyotas, paying no attention to the sirens and lights...