RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
for those of us allergic to cephlasporins, it is easier to go realize that is what the drug is, and go "uh doc, can't have that"

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
They are! But it could be really nice and be like the macrocyclic lactones where they end with the same name.

I’m imagining their naming system is “cefla *keyboard smash*”
It's like biologics in hooman med!
Infliximab, adalimumab, golizumab, vedolimumab, certolizumab, just smash the keyboard a few times and slap a -mab ending on it!

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Infliximab, adalimumab, golizumab, vedolimumab, certolizumab, just smash the keyboard a few times and slap a -mab ending on it!

My new drug patent: abcdemab. Pronounced “ab-sih-dee-mab”

Members don't see this ad :)

hahaha i saw that video on facebook the other day

Honestly my biggest day to day complaint is cerenia, convenia and osurnia all sounding similar and being completely different uses.

Although I do appreciate the ability to sing them all to both the Ricola and Activia jingles.

Reactions: 1 users
Honestly my biggest day to day complaint is cerenia, convenia and osurnia all sounding similar and being completely different uses.

Although I do appreciate the ability to sing them all to both the Ricola and Activia jingles.
I used to get cerenia and convenia mixed up all the time

So I had to remember that cerenia brings serenity to the GI tract, while convenia is convenient. I got nothing for osurnia.

Also more often sing to the Activia jingle lol

Reactions: 3 users
I used to get cerenia and convenia mixed up all the time

So I had to remember that cerenia brings serenity to the GI tract, while convenia is convenient. I got nothing for osurnia.

Also more often sing to the Activia jingle lol
O- otic

Tramadol and trazadone is annoying lol

Also simplicef and simparica

But O is for eyes :cryi:
I mainly just mean because the O sound is the same as the O in otic. So if you’re trying to remember among the three, cerenia is serene, convenia is convenient (as opposed to giving antibiotics PO), and osurnia is otic. BUT you can also mix all of that up because convenia also gives serenity with all of the skin problems, and osurnia is convenient. But once you actually pick up the bottle or tube it’s easy to remember.

Tramadol and trazadone is annoying lol

Also simplicef and simparica
My brain desperately wants to mix up omeprazole and sucralfate.

Which, like, if my brain is gonna screw two drugs up... really benign problem to have. But all my assistants know that when I try and write omeprazole dissolved in H2O TID that I need a slap on the wrist.

My brain desperately wants to mix up omeprazole and sucralfate.

Which, like, if my brain is gonna screw two drugs up... really benign problem to have. But all my assistants know that when I try and write omeprazole dissolved in H2O TID that I need a slap on the wrist.

I mean if your going to mix up some drugs, that’s the two to screw up for sure lol.

I was in a room this weekend where the client kept telling me she gave tramadol to her anxious dog before her apt and even though I knew she meant trazadone, it had me all screwed up on which one I was writing down lol

Uhhhh.... osurnia sounds like convenia? or cerenia? Really?

And that one is kind of hard to confuse since it is an otic gel.....

I am confuzzled how that got lumped in with convenia/cerenia.

Members don't see this ad :)
Uhhhh.... osurnia sounds like convenia? or cerenia? Really?

And that one is kind of hard to confuse since it is an otic gel.....

I am confuzzled how that got lumped in with convenia/cerenia.
It ends in "-nia"? Usually people just say the wrong one accidentally then realize what they did. :shrug:

It ends in "-nia"? Usually people just say the wrong one accidentally then realize what they did. :shrug:

Maybe I Just don't use osurnia enough..... because it sucks :p ;)

Definitely confuse convenia/cerenia at times. At least the volume you'd give a pet is the same for these drugs so if you have an "oops" probably not a big deal. I love the smell of cerenia so I'm always looking for that particular smell when using it.

Yes, yes it does. I'm still missing your point... :laugh:
Hey you know what, if you like that then just keep doing you. I’ll stick with smelling my pyrantel and vanilla marshmallow compounded metoclopramide :)

• Haha
Hey you know what, if you like that then just keep doing you. I’ll stick with smelling my pyrantel and vanilla marshmallow compounded metoclopramide :)
My rabbit is on metoclopramide and i love the smell too lol

Not drugs, but I mix up listeria and botulism. I don't even know... my brain did not come with an instruction manual! :laugh:

Maybe I Just don't use osurnia enough..... because it sucks :p ;)

Definitely confuse convenia/cerenia at times. At least the volume you'd give a pet is the same for these drugs so if you have an "oops" probably not a big deal. I love the smell of cerenia so I'm always looking for that particular smell when using it.
claro is definitely the better of the 2

You mean you don't love sniffing baytril?

Ughhhh I h8888888 the smell of baytril
Also ceftazidime smells like cat pee

And injectable Baytril is ACTUALLY the worst

But im serious, does anyone else use these 100mg clind tabs? They smell SOO GOOOOOD
IMG_2979.jpg

…amoxicillin and amox/clav suspensions smell pretty great.
I had step approx 5 billion times as a kid so was on amoxi a bunch, and liquid amoxi actually tastes delicious to me :laugh:

Not really a medication, but does anyone like the smell of bag balm? Very similar to cerenia/band-aid scent, big fan. I think maybe it's the lanolin?

@DVMDream

I also love the smell of iron supplements

(Also one of my favorite cocktails is a blood & sand and one of my favorite beers is called Steel Rail ...I may have a weird affinity for metallic flavored things)

Not really a medication, but does anyone like the smell of bag balm? Very similar to cerenia/band-aid scent, big fan. I think maybe it's the lanolin?

@DVMDream

(Also one of my favorite cocktails is a blood & sand and one of my favorite beers is called Steel Rail ...I may have a weird affinity for metallic flavored things)
Hmmm... :vamp:?

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Iron deficiency?

@DVMDream

I love the way autoclave tape smells. And healthy horse poop. Though to be fair "love" might be too strong a word.

Ughhhh I h8888888 the smell of baytril
Also ceftazidime smells like cat pee

And injectable Baytril is ACTUALLY the worst

But im serious, does anyone else use these 100mg clind tabs? They smell SOO GOOOOOD
View attachment 262324
Those tabs are used for pretty much any medication that Wedgewood compounds. So the marshmallow clindamycin is exactly the same as the other marshmallow ones from wedgewood since they use the same base and just add whichever drug to it. I was at a shelter fundraiser/fun run today and a couple employees of Wedgewood stopped by my hospital’s table. It was great to get validation from them that I’m not crazy for loving the smell of their compounded drugs. I also told them that I’ve tried the blank samples that they’ve sent us, and they’re pretty good. They told me that that wasn’t uncommon or weird. Unless they were just humoring me.

All these compounded drugs really makes me want to ask my pharmacy to compound my medication.