RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Most of the posts I see on social media where vets are discussing what their clinics are doing/what cases they’re still seeing are still accepting puppies and kittens for core vaccines. Like even if officially saying they’re not doing wellness visits, they’re still doing puppyhood vaccines. Adult Fluffy who has been 4x before is not a huge risk and likely wouldn’t get an appointment, but the kitten or puppy will. Of course your area could be different.
This is what clinics around me are doing, too.

Members don't see this ad.

I would like to go on record and say that I am only sorta guilty of this. I will be bringing a new puppy home April 18 so will be one of these people needing a puppy appointment, BUT I put a deposit on him back in the middle of February when he was just a week old and the world hadn’t lost it’s mind yet. So it’s not like I am getting one just because of all this.
Saaaaame I’ve been waiting for my dog since January. Was finally able to get her last week but now it looks like I just got a quarantine dog to anyone on the outside :hilarious:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Saaaaame I’ve been waiting for my dog since January. Was finally able to get her last week but now it looks like I just got a quarantine dog to anyone on the outside :hilarious:
DONT LIE I KNOW THATS WHY YOU GOT HER

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
UGH PLAGUE RATS STAY HOME Just because I’m an essential employee doesn’t mean I want your germs

UGH PLAGUE RATS STAY HOME Just because I’m an essential employee doesn’t mean I want your germs
5876A46D-9DBC-4B31-8F72-DE147135922C.png

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Well my job decided to let me know that the auto pay for my health insurance wasn’t working by canceling my insurance in the middle of a pandemic when I’m an essential employee and required to come in in person...

• Angry
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users
Well my job decided to let me know that the auto pay for my health insurance wasn’t working by canceling my insurance in the middle of a pandemic when I’m an essential employee and required to come in in person...
Well HR jumped to help but it would have been appreciated if they had NOTIFIED me at some point. I only found out because my contract was up for renewal and admin was like, we can’t renew with benefits because you didn’t pay your contributions.

Reactions: 1 user
Just to make life more stressful, my dog (who goes through episodes of gastritis due to inappropriate eating of things that are not food) is doing the thing again where he's panting and licking the floor and vomiting/hacking and vocalizing and restless. He has never been diagnosed with anything but gastritis and gas on the multiple ER trips we've been on with these signs but every time I think, what if this time its actually something bad? So I'm just stress watching him and knowing he likely ate a baby toy or bib or some crap from outside because our house is a tornado of chaos and he's loose more because we've been home and I am just a ball of stress right now.

I also was supposed to hear back about a job this week and crickets so I'm crossing all my fingers and toes that its just COVID19 messing up schedules and not that they offered the position to someone else.

haaaaaaaaaate all of this

• Sad
Reactions: 8 users
And like... this is not some hole in the wall hospital. It's one of the top ranked hospitals in the world.*

She is on time off right now but goes back to work in early April and she is terrified

*Not saying this to disparage small hospitals -- basically just saying if things like PPE shortages can happen here, they can happen anywhere.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Spent 8 hours at the ER last night. Good news, I don't appear to be dying. Bad news, they have no idea what caused my symptom in the first place so I get to live with it until it goes away. Other bad news, my arm is now swollen from extravasated contrast.

And also I now get to be extra anxious for the next couple weeks about whether I got coronavirus at the hospital. Which was not somewhere I wanted to be right now.

• Sad
Reactions: 13 users
Work officially announced telework is extended through April, check in before or around April 15th if it’ll be officially longer. That means I will probably be operating under severe research restrictions for at least that long

My fiance has a stupid work friend who was putting their arm around people/ignoring social distancing because they thought it was all a joke. Now the idiot is showing signs of covid. Going to be the longest 14 days ever now waiting to see if my fiance shows symptoms. And my fiance ALWAYS gets bronchitis/really sick with respiratory issues during allergy season so Im really afraid he wouldnt handle covid well if he got it...Im so afraid for him right now. Between this, the outbreak at my grandmothers nursing home, and my uncle being diagnosed with cancer recently its just so much a lot to process. A few people I know from research labs have told me about labs depopulating to conserve PPE. I helped them find a place to help adopt out their dogs, but I know there are probably so many other places facing the same thing where adoption isnt feasible and it makes me nauseous just thinking about it. There's just too much sadness in the world right now and I feel so helpless and so angry about it.

• Sad
Reactions: 12 users
I need one more recommendation for a 4th year elective with the CDC. My previous supervisor in my state public health department is who I’ve been trying to contact for nearly 3 weeks to submit one on my behalf (I’ve spent multiple years working with him). I don’t even need a new recommendation letter either, just the one he wrote me for another program that was submitted early last month. It needs to be in before the 15th (the original due date was today). I texted a friend/coworker to make sure things are okay with my supervisor and they are. He’s just really busy as one of the top administrators. Now I’m torn. I feel like he might eventually get back to me, maybe before the deadline, but I also don’t want to deal with that stress. I have a couple weeks and have another professor I can ask, but she doesn’t know me as well as my supervisor does... and one of the strengths of my application is all of my work experience in public health and I feel like it looks weird to not include a recommendation that specifically speaks to that work.

:(

• Sad
What thread were we female doging about weird Powerpoints??? Freaking script? About cardio? Smh

Attachments

• 15857061291844623760130749716115.jpg
    15857061291844623760130749716115.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 91
  • Angry
  • Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: 5 users
What thread were we female doging about weird Powerpoints??? Freaking script? About cardio? Smh
This is the font I used in elementary school when we got to go to the computer lab because I thought it was the prettiest :rofl: I guess some people’s taste never changes!

Found out my parents claimed me as a dependent so I get no stimulus money. Cool.

• Angry
OMG PANAPTO IS DOWN. I'm not prepared for this :bigtears::bigtears::bigtears:
I just started our toxicology lectures today and one of your prof keeps mentioning panopto and I have no idea what she is talking about lol
Canvas has been so overwhelmed and slow also. it's such a bummer :(
Ok the other ones were funny but this... just no. fills me with rage haha

I just started our toxicology lectures today and one of your prof keeps mentioning panopto and I have no idea what she is talking about lol
Canvas has been so overwhelmed and slow also. it's such a bummer :(

Ok the other ones were funny but this... just no. fills me with rage haha
Lol one of my professors is giving you guys lectures too???

Lol one of my professors is giving you guys lectures too???
Yeah Dr. Talcott teaches our toxicology class! I'm pretty sure the lecture I watched today was the same one I saw when I was at WSU for an interview.
At least all of our lectures for this class were supposed to be online this quarter. But apparently she doesn't get to come visit and show us her fancy plants :(

Found out my parents claimed me as a dependent so I get no stimulus money. Cool.
Technically you can still file your own taxes and then your parents would have to prove you were a dependent when the IRS reaches out for clarification, but it would likely trigger an audit for them as well

Welp. Negative professor review!
But seriously, I'd just change the font to something less cringey and go with that and send a clue to the professor via e-mail. Things I'd tolerate at age 18-22 vs. now? Nah. Eff that.

Technically you can still file your own taxes and then your parents would have to prove you were a dependent when the IRS reaches out for clarification, but it would likely trigger an audit for them as well
Yeah my dad told me to file tomorrow using the small amount of money I made reffing and tutoring on turbo tax but I didnt think that would actually help since they claimed me for 2019 already :/
Eff that. You're a professional student and on your own. You have your own 1040, rental agreement, and bills that prove otherwise. Get your $1200 in rapidly hyperinflating worthless currency!
They have someone do their taxes for them :( they never meant for this to hurt, obviously
but this stimulus package was definitely not designed to help college students at all. If you're a dependent, you cant get money, but if youre over 16, your parents also dont even get money for you. it's ridiculous

Oh good, a sore throat is exactly what I needed to spice up my life right now

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Yesterday morning I got a call from a manager at senior home that I vaguely remembered applying for a job at asking if I wanted to interview and if I could come at 1 that very day. Based on how enthusiastic she was that I said yes I presume they desperately need someone.
I showed up at 1 and the receptionist tried to phone her, no answer, and went to her office, she wasn't there, and basically sent me away
I got a call 2 hours later apologizing and saying a meeting went late and she was so excited that I was still interested in spite of what happened and we rescheduled to today at the same time
But I realized today that my schedule was absurdly busy and I tried to reach her this morning first thing to reschedule and left a VM, left another VM at 12, just heard back and she had such an attitude with me! She agreed to change it but was Such a contrast from how nice she was yesterday. Now I almost don't want to go through it because she doesn't seem like someone I want to work for.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users