Raw Score Scaling

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johncalvin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I realize that MCATs are scaled based on pre-set difficulty assignments for specific questions.

For the 6/18 MCAT (2pm at least) I felt that the PS was easy, but very long, i.e., involved many calculations. Therefore, I didn't get to fully finish the test (I had to blind guess on 2-3, and make educated quick-guesses on another 2-3).

Does the "curve" take into account the type/length of questions? Or only the difficulty?

Members don't see this ad.

I realize that MCATs are scaled based on pre-set difficulty assignments for specific questions.

For the 6/18 MCAT (2pm at least) I felt that the PS was easy, but very long, i.e., involved many calculations. Therefore, I didn't get to fully finish the test (I had to blind guess on 2-3, and make educated quick-guesses on another 2-3).

Does the "curve" take into account the type/length of questions? Or only the difficulty?

i thought it was hard just because it was so intensive (and i got a weird ass hoop versus block inclined plane passage that i had no clue on and ate up a lot of time). the calculations left a lot of room for error. i would venture to guess that the curve would be more forgiving, but that's my wishful thinking.