re: interview invites

Started by alkylate
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

alkylate

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,
It's that time of the year again waiting for interview invites/etc... As I'm going through my specialty-specific 2017-2018 interview invite thread, I can't help but ask myself if I'm basically rejected from a program when I see a student post that they received an interview invite from a program I applied to. Is this a reasonable assumption?
Also, I submitted my application on the 24th (basically 9 days later), is it possible that they might not have seen my application amongst the first batch of interview invites they sent?
Just looking for any sliver of hope :-S

Thanks!
 
Hey everyone,
It's that time of the year again waiting for interview invites/etc... As I'm going through my specialty-specific 2017-2018 interview invite thread, I can't help but ask myself if I'm basically rejected from a program when I see a student post that they received an interview invite from a program I applied to. Is this a reasonable assumption?
No.

Also, I submitted my application on the 24th (basically 9 days later), is it possible that they might not have seen my application amongst the first batch of interview invites they sent?
Just looking for any sliver of hope :-S

Thanks!
Maybe
 
Many programs send invitations in waves or do a rolling invitations where they invite more as people cancel their interviews (almost 20% per our own internal metrics). Some possibly haven't sent out invites yet. Not time to sound the alarm, yet.