Reading comp section on PCAT

Started by panzer
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

panzer

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi

I know people have asked variants of this question but what is the best preparation for the reading comp section on the PCAT?

I did the kaplan stuff but they pick up their passages from past MCATs. I did relatively good in the course. The actual passages on the august 08 pcat weren't as wordy or complex, but I still was stuck with 2 answers to some questions [did some guessing there] and i guess some bad guessing dragged down my percentile score 🙁

I can get my other section score up as by reviewing more for the concepts. I even raised my writing score but am really frustated by the reading comp. Should I look at GMAT and GRE reading comp sections for practice since pearson doesn't have a lot of practice items on the market.


Thanks
 
Did you try the official pearson PCAT practice tests? I found the reading comp section to be very similar to the actual thing. A good thing about it is it provides explanations for each answer and why the others are wrong. I found the MCAT prep reading far more complex, and an overkill to the actual PCAT format.
 
I think the best factor in the reading comp. is to train yourself with the time. It does not matter what kind of material it is.