Best Way To Tackle Reading Compreshension

• Read The Whole passage, answer questions, go back into passage to verify stuff if necessary

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • skim passage and answer questions, basically skip back into passage many times to answer questions

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • go straight to questions and seek out answers

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Read first few lines of each paragraph, go to questions, and seek out answers

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters

HangOnSloopy

Your mom goes to college
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
Status
i picked the 2nd option, it was suprising to me how many of the questions used phrases that were word for word straight from the passage. Just look back for the phrases, read for context, and its all good.

Fantasia

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2004
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by HangOnSloopy
i picked the 2nd option, it was suprising to me how many of the questions used phrases that were word for word straight from the passage. Just look back for the phrases, read for context, and its all good.
I agree with HangOnSloopy. My questions were pretty much all direct phrases from the passages and not difficult to find.

About the Ads

sxr71

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2002
Visit site
Status
The questions were asking for things found directly in the passage. Even still, I used the first strategy it as it lets you answer many questions without refering back to the passage and it lets you find the relevant portion very easily in case you need to refer back. I spent the first 14 minutes on average reading the passage thoroughly and the remaining 6 minutes to answer the questions. Sometimes it feels like you're cutting it close, but it worked for me.

gatorfan99

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2003
U.S. Army
Status
Dentist
I actually found that quickly scanning the text (and I mean QUICKLY) and then reading the questions and looking for an answer to be the fastest way to get this section done...

gatorfan.

About the Ads