-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Readmission to Vet School
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
@Falconette85 you’re awesome!!! You totally got this!!
Keep rocking it! Congrats!Hello everyone! Here's another update with the readmission process.
As mentioned earlier in this thread, I had to write a letter requesting "Vet Med Special" status for this fall to the Assoc. Dean. My CVM faculty contact also mentioned I had to send it to him by May 15 along with my official transcripts.
Slight problem: my classes through Colorado State and Iowa State were not going to be completed until May 11. So, I asked my CVM faculty contact for advice. They suggested I mention (in the letter) that I am in the process of completing the required prerequisite courses but that I would submit my official transcripts as soon as my classes are completed. Ok! Perfect!
So I have been working on my letter to the Assoc. Dean and wanted a few eyes to look at it. I took my letter over to my undergrad advisor (who has been instrumental during this whole process) and we polished my letter. His question to me was: 'When are you going to submit this? I wouldn't wait on submitting this. If I were you, I would have submit this yesterday. With every passing day, an undergrad (who applied to vet school for the upcoming fall) is competing with you for your seat.' 😱 I hadn't thought of that. So I emailed my letter to the Assoc. Dean that night.
Here's what I got back yesterday:
View attachment 297046
NEVER. GIVE. UP!!!
I want to thank each and every single one of you for believing in me, encouraging me and always being in my corner. I'll continue to keep everyone updated because I'm sure there might be some more hidden steps in completing this process before being 'officially' reinstated as a full-fledged veterinary student.
But again, thank you everyone <3
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello friends!
Thank you all for your continuing support and belief in me. ❤️ I wanted to keep everyone up-to-date on what's been going on with the readmission process.
Fall semester at vet med ROCKED! 😄 The classes I had to retake were Histology and Nutrition. I also decided to take an elective (Veterinary Practice Management) so that, when I am readmitted, it's one less class that I have to worry about. Fall semester had a twist to it because of COVID-19 but it worked out. 👍 Just as the academic committee required, I got a B or higher in both classes! Onward to spring semester!!
For spring semester, I will be retaking Anatomy II, Histology II, and Immunology. I am a little apprehensive about anatomy since that was the class that I failed and got me into this mess. 😕 Stay strong right?
Some details about registering for spring semester classes (in my situation): When I received my official grades from the registrar's office, I asked my contact faculty member if I should reach out to the academic committee...I was told not to because they would reach out to me. 🙄 A couple weeks go by and I haven't heard anything, and I need to file my FAFSA, get my financial aid going and I have less than a month before classes start! So I went ahead and sent an email to my faculty contact and cc'ed the academic committee (I'm sure my faculty contact loved that 😂) and low and behold, the academic committee replied with my approval letter the next day and encouraged me to email the professors of the classes I needed to retake! Hmm....'Peter Principle' anyone? Anyhow, because of COVID-19, everything is done through email, so once I received my approval letter; I emailed the professor in charge of the class and asked for their permission to take their course. Once I received their approval email, I forwarded it to the vet med academic records analyst so they could officially add me to the class. I hope this makes sense?
A little more hoop jumping, but it's going to be worth it! I can't wait to show the professors that I am made for this! It's going to be SO satisfying!
Again, thank you all for your kind words and ongoing support.
I will keep you all updated!
🥰☺️😁✌️
- Just keep swimming
Thank you all for your continuing support and belief in me. ❤️ I wanted to keep everyone up-to-date on what's been going on with the readmission process.
Fall semester at vet med ROCKED! 😄 The classes I had to retake were Histology and Nutrition. I also decided to take an elective (Veterinary Practice Management) so that, when I am readmitted, it's one less class that I have to worry about. Fall semester had a twist to it because of COVID-19 but it worked out. 👍 Just as the academic committee required, I got a B or higher in both classes! Onward to spring semester!!
For spring semester, I will be retaking Anatomy II, Histology II, and Immunology. I am a little apprehensive about anatomy since that was the class that I failed and got me into this mess. 😕 Stay strong right?
Some details about registering for spring semester classes (in my situation): When I received my official grades from the registrar's office, I asked my contact faculty member if I should reach out to the academic committee...I was told not to because they would reach out to me. 🙄 A couple weeks go by and I haven't heard anything, and I need to file my FAFSA, get my financial aid going and I have less than a month before classes start! So I went ahead and sent an email to my faculty contact and cc'ed the academic committee (I'm sure my faculty contact loved that 😂) and low and behold, the academic committee replied with my approval letter the next day and encouraged me to email the professors of the classes I needed to retake! Hmm....'Peter Principle' anyone? Anyhow, because of COVID-19, everything is done through email, so once I received my approval letter; I emailed the professor in charge of the class and asked for their permission to take their course. Once I received their approval email, I forwarded it to the vet med academic records analyst so they could officially add me to the class. I hope this makes sense?
A little more hoop jumping, but it's going to be worth it! I can't wait to show the professors that I am made for this! It's going to be SO satisfying!
Again, thank you all for your kind words and ongoing support.
I will keep you all updated!
🥰☺️😁✌️
- Just keep swimming
Attachments
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
@Falconette85 , you are a ROCK STAR! I'm so glad that you crushed it! Proud of you, friend, keep up the good work!
After a long and grueling journey through the re-admission process and jumping through endless hoops...I have something to share with everyone:
*cue the happy dance*
You all have been so encouraging and tremendously supportive of my re-admission process and I cannot thank each and every single one of you enough!!!!! I have read all of your posts throughout my journey and every single time, I felt very thankful and blessed. I hope someday we can cross paths in the Vet Med field. The person reading this, yes you! THANK YOU!


To those who are going through or just starting this re-admission journey as well: YOU ARE WORTH IT! You can do this!!!! It can be done and you are strong enough and passionate enough to do it!! You are never alone!! And if you ever need help, have questions or need support with your journey, feel free to reach out ❤️
*cue the happy dance*

You all have been so encouraging and tremendously supportive of my re-admission process and I cannot thank each and every single one of you enough!!!!! I have read all of your posts throughout my journey and every single time, I felt very thankful and blessed. I hope someday we can cross paths in the Vet Med field. The person reading this, yes you! THANK YOU!



To those who are going through or just starting this re-admission journey as well: YOU ARE WORTH IT! You can do this!!!! It can be done and you are strong enough and passionate enough to do it!! You are never alone!! And if you ever need help, have questions or need support with your journey, feel free to reach out ❤️
I'm so glad you will be able to return to veterinary medicine @Falconette85!!
Way to freakin’ go. You showed so much determination and grit through that insane process. You should be SO proud of yourself. You’re gonna be an awesome vet! Enjoy this huge success! I’m not sure I could have done it...After a long and grueling journey through the re-admission process and jumping through endless hoops...I have something to share with everyone:
View attachment 337746
*cue the happy dance*
You all have been so encouraging and tremendously supportive of my re-admission process and I cannot thank each and every single one of you enough!!!!! I have read all of your posts throughout my journey and every single time, I felt very thankful and blessed. I hope someday we can cross paths in the Vet Med field. The person reading this, yes you! THANK YOU!
To those who are going through or just starting this re-admission journey as well: YOU ARE WORTH IT! You can do this!!!! It can be done and you are strong enough and passionate enough to do it!! You are never alone!! And if you ever need help, have questions or need support with your journey, feel free to reach out ❤️
D
deleted676737
This is absolutely incredible and I am ecstatic for you! Congratulations on managing to follow through on what I wasn't brave enough to do myself. Your tenacity, resilience, and drive leave me with zero doubt that you will go on to succeed and flourish into a wonderful doctor.After a long and grueling journey through the re-admission process and jumping through endless hoops...I have something to share with everyone:
View attachment 337746
*cue the happy dance*
You all have been so encouraging and tremendously supportive of my re-admission process and I cannot thank each and every single one of you enough!!!!! I have read all of your posts throughout my journey and every single time, I felt very thankful and blessed. I hope someday we can cross paths in the Vet Med field. The person reading this, yes you! THANK YOU!
To those who are going through or just starting this re-admission journey as well: YOU ARE WORTH IT! You can do this!!!! It can be done and you are strong enough and passionate enough to do it!! You are never alone!! And if you ever need help, have questions or need support with your journey, feel free to reach out ❤️
Networkgirl61
New Member
While @Elkhart will be your best resource/go-to-person, I'll chime in to say that I also failed out of vet school at the end of first year (absolutely also due to anatomy lol). Because Illinois is significantly more forgiving than Iowa, I petitioned to be readmitted and am now going onto third year this fall and will complete vet school in 5 years. Let me know if you need anything as far as emotional support going forward!!! Being one of the few people who repeats can be difficult depending on the circumstances. We're all rooting for you!!!
I am currently trying to go through this process of readmission. How do I start out by asking for a petition? Do I go to the I just went through the same situation and really want to get back to school. I have been polite and patient when asking questions with the office of student affairs, but I feel like it is getting me no where. Any suggestion would be helpful.Hello everyone! Here's another update with the readmission process.
As mentioned earlier in this thread, I had to write a letter requesting "Vet Med Special" status for this fall to the Assoc. Dean. My CVM faculty contact also mentioned I had to send it to him by May 15 along with my official transcripts.
Slight problem: my classes through Colorado State and Iowa State were not going to be completed until May 11. So, I asked my CVM faculty contact for advice. They suggested I mention (in the letter) that I am in the process of completing the required prerequisite courses but that I would submit my official transcripts as soon as my classes are completed. Ok! Perfect!
So I have been working on my letter to the Assoc. Dean and wanted a few eyes to look at it. I took my letter over to my undergrad advisor (who has been instrumental during this whole process) and we polished my letter. His question to me was: 'When are you going to submit this? I wouldn't wait on submitting this. If I were you, I would have submit this yesterday. With every passing day, an undergrad (who applied to vet school for the upcoming fall) is competing with you for your seat.' 😱 I hadn't thought of that. So I emailed my letter to the Assoc. Dean that night.
Here's what I got back yesterday:
View attachment 297046
NEVER. GIVE. UP!!!
I want to thank each and every single one of you for believing in me, encouraging me and always being in my corner. I'll continue to keep everyone updated because I'm sure there might be some more hidden steps in completing this process before being 'officially' reinstated as a full-fledged veterinary student.
But again, thank you everyone <3
What school do you go to? You're welcome to PM me to speak privately if you wantI am currently trying to go through this process of readmission. How do I start out by asking for a petition? Do I go to the I just went through the same situation and really want to get back to school. I have been polite and patient when asking questions with the office of student affairs, but I feel like it is getting me no where. Any suggestion would be helpful.
Hi Networkgirl61!I am currently trying to go through this process of readmission. How do I start out by asking for a petition? Do I go to the I just went through the same situation and really want to get back to school. I have been polite and patient when asking questions with the office of student affairs, but I feel like it is getting me no where. Any suggestion would be helpful.
As battie asked, what school do you go to? Each school may have a different readmission process. You are welcomed to PM me as well 🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 1K
- Replies
- 323
- Views
- 52K
