This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Falconette85

ISU-CVM class of 2024!
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I am a first year vet student that didn't pass anatomy by one point. The end result: dismissal from CVM. The faculty of CVM appeared to be supportive and offered to help me deal with this before I petition to be readmitted in fall 2020. In the mean time, I am required to take harder undergraduate level courses in classes that I received a C- or lower in. Once I complete those undergraduate courses, I can write a letter to the assistant dean to petition for readmission.

Now the bizarre part. The faculty who were supportive in the beginning and who told me that other students have done this before and have been in my shoes, can't answer simple questions I have and barely respond to my emails. I asked to reach out to the other students and never got a reply back.

Has anyone on here ever gone through this process? I am literally figuring this out as I go. I'm making phone call after phone call while getting different answers and find myself getting frustrated and confused.

I am DETERMINED to be a veterinarian!

Thanks all. I deeply appreciate any help and advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone.

I am a first year vet student that didn't pass anatomy by one point. The end result: dismissal from CVM. The faculty of CVM appeared to be supportive and offered to help me deal with this before I petition to be readmitted in fall 2020. In the mean time, I am required to take harder undergraduate level courses in classes that I received a C- or lower in. Once I complete those undergraduate courses, I can write a letter to the assistant dean to petition for readmission.

Now the bizarre part. The faculty who were supportive in the beginning and who told me that other students have done this before and have been in my shoes, can't answer simple questions I have and barely respond to my emails. I asked to reach out to the other students and never got a reply back.

Has anyone on here ever gone through this process? I am literally figuring this out as I go. I'm making phone call after phone call while getting different answers and find myself getting frustrated and confused.

Are you talking with OASA? They're going to be your best resource for getting questions answered in regards to getting back into the program.

Reactions: 2 users
While @Elkhart will be your best resource/go-to-person, I'll chime in to say that I also failed out of vet school at the end of first year (absolutely also due to anatomy lol). Because Illinois is significantly more forgiving than Iowa, I petitioned to be readmitted and am now going onto third year this fall and will complete vet school in 5 years. Let me know if you need anything as far as emotional support going forward!!! Being one of the few people who repeats can be difficult depending on the circumstances. We're all rooting for you!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Are you talking with OASA? They're going to be your best resource for getting questions answered in regards to getting back into the program.

Yes, I am currently talking with OASA. Although their help is minimal at best, along with conflicting answers. I'm being patient and very respectful but I also get the vibe from their emails that they're getting frustrated as well.

While @Elkhart will be your best resource/go-to-person, I'll chime in to say that I also failed out of vet school at the end of first year (absolutely also due to anatomy lol). Because Illinois is significantly more forgiving than Iowa, I petitioned to be readmitted and am now going onto third year this fall and will complete vet school in 5 years. Let me know if you need anything as far as emotional support going forward!!! Being one of the few people who repeats can be difficult depending on the circumstances. We're all rooting for you!!!

Congratulations for nearly being done with the beast (that is vet school)!!! I'm very excited for you!! I will DEFINITELY be reaching out!!

All, I deeply thank each and every one of you for taking the time to be supportive of me and my situation. Keep the advice coming! <3 <3

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, I am currently talking with OASA. Although their help is minimal at best, along with conflicting answers. I'm being patient and very respectful but I also get the vibe from their emails that they're getting frustrated as well.
They have to walk a fine line between being encouraging and being misleading in terms of your chances for readmission. In my experience dealing with bureaucracy, they don’t want to open themselves up to liability. I graduated from ISU, so I have a little experience in with them.

Reactions: 1 users
I just really wish there was a written down, methodical procedure that we could follow. I understand, it's a business...

I just really wish there was a written down, methodical procedure that we could follow. I understand, it's a business...

This is what confuses me. Our associate dean sent me the relevant info from the actual school student handbook with the big stuff highlighted. He sent me the readmission protocol with highlighting. Why isn't your OASA doing that?

• Wow
This is what confuses me. Our associate dean sent me the relevant info from the actual school student handbook with the big stuff highlighted. He sent me the readmission protocol with highlighting. Why isn't your OASA doing that?

Oh my gosh. That would be amazing if ISU did that! Would you feel comfortable sharing that handbook? Maybe I could get a general idea of how to begin this convoluted process...

I'm in Canada, so the system is different, but I came very close to being dismissed this past year. I failed a final exam, which meant that I failed the course. By the rules I should have been dismissed and not eligible for readmission, but a faculty member intervened on my behalf and got at least one rule (that I know of) waived so I'm able to repeat the year. While I haven't completely been where you're at, I know at least a bit of what you're going through, and I wanted to send you sympathy and support.

Oh my gosh. That would be amazing if ISU did that! Would you feel comfortable sharing that handbook? Maybe I could get a general idea of how to begin this convoluted process...

I don't know if it would be any help for you since it sounds like we have totally different processes. But I can!

Would you be able to find the student handbook you guys have somewhere on your intranet? I'd be willing to help you go through it.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I found the student handbook that has some information about it on VetZone. I could send it to you or tell you how to get there if you want

• Love
I found the student handbook that has some information about it on VetZone. I could send it to you or tell you how to get there if you want

Barkley13, yes please!!! I'm on VetZone and I cannot find it. This is hilarious...I was NEVER told about this! I can't believe the pouring amount of support on here! You guys are simply wonderful <3

Last edited:
  • Love
Barkley13, yes please!!! I'm on VetZone and I cannot find it. This is hilarious...I was NEVER told about this! I can't believe the pouring amount of support on here! You guys are simply wonderful <3
If you go to the menu (it’s three lines in the top left corner on my phone) and click Policies and Documents then the second thing says Academic Standards, Policies, and Procedures - New and that has some information!

Idk if this link is gonna work

Members don't see this ad :)
ISU’s policy really surprises me. While I’ve never been through the process myself, I have good friends who have here and my impression is that basically everyone is given the option to just drop down to the next class. So sorry you have to go through all of this!

I got this email from my undergrad advisor. I asked him how I could return to undergrad so I may get a Consortium Agreement between CSU and ISU for financial aid and he suggested that I return to undergrad for two semesters and declare a major)

Has anyone ever done a Consortium Agreement?

Though honestly, if you're not taking classes at ISU but you're going to CSU instead, you're probably better off enrolling in a second bachelor's program and declaring a major (even if you never finish the 2nd bachelor's):

ISU does have a second bachelor's program as well, and from what I can tell, the standards are fairly similar to CSU's.

ISU does have a second bachelor's program as well, and from what I can tell, the standards are fairly similar to CSU's.

I was not aware of this!! I'm definitely checking this out! Thank you Genny!!

Here is a step-by-step document I started to get back into ISU Vet Med. I'm sharing this with everyone because....why not? I hope someone else will find this helpful. This is a convoluted and depressing process. I want help others just as you all have helped me :love:

Attachments

• Step-Wise process to get back into Vet med.docx
    16.9 KB · Views: 210
So, for the sake of my curiosity, to be readmitted to ISU, the vet student must:

1) be admitted as a bachelors degree seeking student
2) retake the class they failed in vet school
3) petition to be let in to vet school again
4) rejoin a new class as a first year

So this could realistically be an academic year long adventure? As in Falcon might not be readmitted until fall of 2020?

@batsenecal I think that’s it exactly...

Hello everyone.

• Angry
This thread is just so filled with kindheartedness, it warms my soul. @Falconette85, I'm really sorry that you're having to go through this process, but I'm happy to see so many people I love banding together to help you. You're all wonderful people. And Falcon, I wish you the best of luck!

You are amazing for putting this document together! I’m talking with another recently dismissed student from the school who might find it helpful; would you mind me sharing it with them (with full credit to you, naturally)?

For what it’s worth, I admire your tenacity and drive in all of this. It is not an easy process to get back in, as you’ve found out, so I think the fact that you’re still willing to go ahead and do it demonstrates incredible resilience and grit—I am pretty confident that you will make it through and become a veterinarian one day.

Keep that passion and fire alive, and you’ll go far. Best of luck with things; you’ve always got support here. :)

Not at all! In fact, is this person on SDN? Was this person dismissed from the same class as me? I figure the more of us plowing through this process together, the more helpful it will be.

Thank you for your kind words Elkhart and SportPonies :) I'll keep everyone updated!

Which is one of several reasons I didn’t even bother to try to get back in. I was already halfway through the program; there’s no way in hell I was going to sacrifice the time and money to take a year’s worth of undergrad classes just to even be eligible to petition to start all over from first year when the dismissal letter itself said that that outcome is by no means guaranteed (iirc, anyway). :shrug:

I’m not saying that I would have necessarily gone back to vet school if I was given the chance to repeat or drop to the class below with no penalty sans the extra debt (in fact, I probably would have struggled with the decision immensely), but to have at least been given the benefit of the doubt of a second chance would have been nice when that’s exactly what most other schools allow, sometimes without even having to go through a petition process at all, especially when I technically did pass all of my classes and never actually failed anything.

Blah. Maybe I’m still cynical and bitter and am being overly hateful, but sometimes I wonder how things may have played out at a different school.
Just curious, do you know of any document or compilation of info that includes what happens at different schools for students who struggle to meet the academic benchmarks of the school? I think this could be useful info for people deciding on a school. Though I do know I've seen some people say if you struggle at one school, you'll struggle at another, which I don't necessarily agree with.

I can look more at our academic policies when I am back in the states. I think (but will verify) that at Oregon state, if you get a D, you can take a remedial exam. If you don't pass that, you can repeat the entire quarter with next year's class. I am unsure if this is true for an F.

Though I do know I've seen some people say if you struggle at one school, you'll struggle at another, which I don't necessarily agree with.

Yeah, I agree with you, depending on what schools you're comparing.

I agree with Elkhart, it's interesting information but if we can't get most to truly consider the debt and how they're gonna pay it, there's no way they'll actually consider the possibility that they may not be successful in vet school and really factor that into the school. I mean the attrition rate gets brought up a little for one of the island schools, but even then it doesn't really slow anyone down. Because you know, "Everything will be applicable to my career (unlike in undergrad), I'll love what I'm learning so much more, I will be 100% dedicated to studying all the time and learn everything".

Reactions: 7 users
Because you know, "Everything will be applicable to my career (unlike in undergrad), I'll love what I'm learning so much more, I will be 100% dedicated to studying all the time and learn everything"

As if all veterinary college professors are good teachers, adverse life events absolutely can't happen during vet school, and vet school can't possibly suck at all. /sarcasm.

Reactions: 8 users
Another update!

I called ISU's registrar's office to ask them the status of my "curriculum change from vet med to Animal Science" and I'm in the process of getting an Animal Science advisor! Yippee! I then spoke with the vet med financial aid counselor and she told me that I need to take at least 6 credits to get financial aid. The upper undergrad classes I need to take (vet med classes I need to retake) will be covered! Except OSU's nutrition course (sad...).

Anyway, I wanted to keep the process up-to-date for any other's out there going through this same process :)

Thanks for all of your support! Stay strong everyone!

• Love
Hello everyone!

Fall semester is here and here's another update:

• Consortium Agreement is DONE *whew*= I received financial aid! :D
  • I'm enrolled in CSU's BMS 300 (histo), OSU's ANSI 3543E (nutrition), ISU's ANS 411 (issues in animal science), VDPAM 365 (animal welfare judging) and Immunology (ISU's online)
  • Classes start Monday
I attached an updated Consortium Agreement process and updated Word document of the steps to get back into vet med. This process is a BEAR!!!!!! Although, nothing feels better than checking things off this list and looking at the completed product :)

I'll add any important updates or info. if anything changes. Thank you EVERYONE on this thread who have been supportive of my situation. I deeply appreciate your kind words and encouragement through this difficult process.

I feel this thread may get quieter from this point on, but if anyone needs encouragement or has any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out <3 I understand the feeling of defeat and how daunting this process can look, but DON'T give up. You deserve this! "ALL things are possible, if you believe." Mark 9:23

Attachments

• 20190823_062547.jpg
    20190823_062547.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 165
  • Step-Wise process to get back into Vet med.docx
    304.2 KB · Views: 121
Reactions: 4 users
Wow...ISU man.

Okay vet school is hard, I'm not saying it shouldn't be. But it's so much work to get there as well, there should be a modicum of understanding to assist students in this process. That seems like a dismissive and harsh procedure. That policy also says a lot by being a blatant spit in the face to the already dismal economic status of veterinary education. A year off to maybe be readmitted and then repeat whatever years. FFS. @Elkhart here's a validation of your feelings: that's beyond BS.

Credit to anyone sticking that out because I think that would've broken me.

Reactions: 10 users
Out of curiosity, will you be going to AWJAC in November then?

Batsenecal, I'm not sure. The professor hasn't posted the syllabus yet. I will let you know though!

@batsenecal, I found out the dates of the AWJAC and it conflicts with my vacation dates :( So sorry!

Last edited:
Hey, @Falconette85, I was just thinking about you and was wondering how you’re doing and how this has begun playing out. I don’t personally know anyone who’s attempted readmission at ISU so I’m a bit curious. I hope school is going well for you!

I still think that this entire policy is BS, by the way, and I cannot believe that a school that is ordinarily as supportive as ISU still continues to use it when the majority of other vet schools allow at least one repeat or drop down into the proceeding class at no cost other than the additional loans, sometimes even without a petitioning process of any sort.

Hi @Elkhart! Thanks for reaching out, it means a lot :) The petitioning process is going well. It's a very long and drawn out process...right now I'm taking a few undergraduate courses: CSU's BMS 300 (principles of human physiology), OSU's ANSI 3543E (principles of animal nutrition), ISU's online immunology course (http://www.cfsph.iastate.edu/Immunology/index.php), and two ISU animal welfare classes.

School is good. I have a B+ in histo, B in immuno, and all the rest are A's :) I honestly feel I'm learning SO much more in these classes than the vet med classes. Maybe it's because I'm only half-time and it's not vet med :p For example, in histo, the professor talked about coronary circulation and where the openings to the coronary vessels were....it took maybe 5 minutes to explain. In vet med, I asked THREE anatomy professors about coronary circulation and not one of them could freakin' just tell what they were and where they were! :bang: Seriously!!! So taking these classes is good for me lol.

As far as tuition and loans, I was readmitted into ISU's undergrad program as a "degree-seeking student" (even though I already graduated with my B.Sc.) so that I could take loans out and use the Consortium Agreement between CSU and ISU. Surprisingly, I haven't exhausted my maximum loan amount! There's another girl in my same situation at ISU and she applied to the graduate program at ISU and got in (because she did exhaust her maximum loan amount). However, I don't know the intricate details on that situation.

I hope this answers some of your questions! The whole petition processes with ISU is a major pain...like, there are some days I feel as though I'm spinning my wheels. I see my friends' Facebook posts of them in vet med and I can't help but think: "That could have been me...", "Will I get back in?", "Will I ever become a veterinarian?" But, I think it will work out. I believe after all of these classes and jumping through the hoops, I will be better prepared when I get back into vet med. :xf:

Thanks @Elkhart :)

You’re an inspiration @Falconette85 !! I don’t know that many people would do what you’re doing with such a great attitude. I hope everything works out for you :biglove:

• Love
You’re an inspiration @Falconette85 !! I don’t know that many people would do what you’re doing with such a great attitude. I hope everything works out for you :biglove:

I wouldn't have. The only reason I came back was because our petition process is very easy in comparison. Had this been the possibility, I would have moved on.

A reminder that I was never truly smart enough or dedicated enough or talented enough to be a veterinarian. A reminder that I should have just stuck with my original degree and career plans instead of foraying into vet med. A reminder that I never really belonged there.

I hope that you some day can realize that it isn't that you aren't smart enough, dedicated enough, or talented enough. You got caught in a bad situation at the wrong school. I totally understand why you aren't going to go back, and I respect the heck out of you for what you've had to deal with since, and for sticking around here to help others in your situation.

I know it isn't the same at all, especially since I'm where I want to be now, but in the years following vet school when my classmates were all matching where they wanted to go and I just felt like I was spinning my wheels and would never be good enough to specialize, I absolutely unfollowed a lot of people on social media because of those feelings. These are people I didn't have anything against personally - and they were incredibly deserving of the successes they were having, just knew it wasn't good for my mental health to keep following them in the state that I was in. I'm able to cope better now but still feel way behind...but the tradeoff is that I am in a much better situation than I could have dreamed as far as what I get to do.

Reactions: 8 users
Merry Christmas everyone!

I successfully completed fall semester and got the best Christmas gifts ever:

1577195649026.png

1577195688061.png

I'm still on my way to becoming a veterinarian!!!

For the record, the Consortium Agreement from your host school (Iowa in my case) to other colleges you are attending means: ISU will provide financial assistance (federal loans, etc.) to pay for the other colleges you are attending.

I didn't understand this: I thought ISU physically paid for CSU tuition (not me) and I was all set up. Apparently not. With the Consortium Agreement, YOU receive financial aid from your host school and YOU use it to pay for your tuition at other schools. I misunderstood all of this and I had to pay for CSU out of pocket (OUCH!) :bang: :vomit:

It has been a challenging semester of which: I felt I was spinning my wheels during this whole readmission process, being financially tender in literally everything I do, finding the confidence in myself to continue on with class, perform on exams and staying motivated for the end goal. However, this semester has taught me so much about myself and I'm very grateful for all of my support from my friends (yes, including each one of you!) and family.

Thank you all! I hope you all have a wonderful holiday and a safe New Year!

See you all next semester! <3

Spring 2020:
  • ISU - MICRO 201 (optional, but good foundation course)
  • CSU - Anatomy (VS 333)
    • Histology part II (VS 331)
  • OSU - Nutrition (ANSI 3543 E)

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

View attachment 290465
View attachment 290466

For the record, the Consortium Agreement from your host school (Iowa in my case) to other colleges you are attending means: ISU will provide financial assistance (federal loans, etc.) to pay for the other colleges you are attending.

I didn't understand this: I thought ISU physically paid for CSU tuition (not me) and I was all set up. Apparently not. With the Consortium Agreement, YOU receive financial aid from your host school and YOU use it to pay for your tuition at other schools. I misunderstood all of this and I had to pay for CSU out of pocket (OUCH!) :bang: :vomit:

It has been a challenging semester of which: I felt I was spinning my wheels during this whole readmission process, being financially tender in literally everything I do, finding the confidence in myself to continue on with class, perform on exams and staying motivated for the end goal. However, this semester has taught me so much about myself and I'm very grateful for all of my support from my friends (yes, including each one of you!) and family.

Spring 2020:
  • CSU - Anatomy (VS 333)
Yay! I am so stoked for you, both for doing so well this past semester and for sticking with it! You’re freaking amazing and your tenacity in this situation proves to me that you’ve got the mettle to make it through vet school even after this setback.

Thanks for the clarification on the financial aid stuff, too. I saw your initial note regarding having to pay out-of-pocket for the classes taken via consortium agreement and I was just mentally kinda like... uh, way to make a terrible situation even worse, ISU. I’m sorry you still wound up having to use your own funds when it wasn’t really necessary, but at least you know now and it’ll benefit others in the same predicament wondering about about that.

Oh, and thank you for keeping us updated on your journey, naturally. Best of luck in the spring!

View attachment 290465
View attachment 290466

Spring 2020:
  • CSU - Anatomy (VS 333)

Keep rocking it! I wanna see you do this so badly!

Well all, I just found out some interesting news about the readmission process...

I received an email today from a faculty member asking how my progress was going with my classes. I replied with my awesome grades from last (fall) semester-woot! I proceeded to ask when I needed to submit my letter to the Academic Committee for readmission as a Vet Med Special and here was their reply:

Your letter needs to be written to the dean for the Vet Med Special (VMS) petition. You should have that to him by May 15, 2020. Will you have completed all the coursework that we required by then?
If you are accepted as a VMS and are successful at attaining the grades in repeated CVM courses as a VMS then you would write the letter to Academic Standards to petition for full readmission.
When I was dismissed from CVM, and I was briefed on the process of petitioning for readmission, NOT. ONCE. did this person mention I had to write TWO letters and petition TWO TIMES for readmission!!!! *implodes*

Wtf is this game?! :rage: :wtf:

It's literally one hurtle after another.

Sorry for the rant everyone...just frustrated. I'm simply trying to spare the future victims of this process a lesser degree of headache. :help:

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 7 users
Well all, I just found out some interesting news about the readmission process...

I received an email today from a faculty member asking how my progress was going with my classes. I replied with my awesome grades from last (fall) semester-woot! I proceeded to ask when I needed to submit my letter to the Academic Committee for readmission as a Vet Med Special and here was their reply:

Your letter needs to be written to the dean for the Vet Med Special (VMS) petition. You should have that to him by May 15, 2020. Will you have completed all the coursework that we required by then?
If you are accepted as a VMS and are successful at attaining the grades in repeated CVM courses as a VMS then you would write the letter to Academic Standards to petition for full readmission.
When I was dismissed from CVM, and I was briefed on the process of petitioning for readmission, NOT. ONCE. did this person mention I had to write TWO letters and petition TWO TIMES for readmission!!!! *implodes*

Wtf is this game?! :rage: :wtf:

It's literally one hurtle after another.

Sorry for the rant everyone...just frustrated. I'm simply trying to spare the future victims of this process a lesser degree of headache. :help:

I honestly do not understand your school. This is the most secretive, convoluted process and it seems like no one really knows how it’s actually supposed to work. Do you know anyone who has actually gone through all of this? For all the talk of mental health and debt, this process just goes against everything that should be happening. I am so incredibly sorry you have to go through all of this. You deserve better and I’m not sure I would have the fortitude to jump through these insane hoops.

P.S. how does this process get changed for poor future suffering souls? Because I’m 1000% sure there are ways to do this without torturing students

P.S. how does this process get changed for poor future suffering souls? Because I’m 1000% sure there are ways to do this without torturing students

Can confirm. There's definitely a way to make this process way less convoluted.

Can confirm. There's definitely a way to make this process way less convoluted.

Oh I know. I don’t know the nitty gritty details but my school is absolutely nothing like this. I.e. almost everyone drops down to the next class without any issue.

Not to speak for @Falconette85, but I personally don’t know of anyone who has been dismissed from ISU—outside of her—who has even so much as attempted this process. I’m sad to report, too, that I’m currently privately speaking with a small handful of other vet students from the school who have been dismissed and have told me they will likely just cut their losses with the debt they have like I did because getting back in feels like such a hopeless and insurmountable process. :(

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: there’s a lot of (much needed, don’t get me wrong) talk about mental health and debt in regard to graduated and working veterinarians, but there are absolutely zero resources or even real outlets for dismissed students. None of the powers that be (the schools themselves, a AAVMC, AVMA) seem to give two ****s about how the debt impacts us. No one seems to care that I have nearly $130k in debt and a $13/hr job. They don’t care that I’m suicidal nearly all the time, not solely because of the debt but also because of the psychological toll this has taken and continues to take even two years later.

The school doesn’t care enough to make this any easier probably because no one really goes for it. They care enough to offer tutoring and some additional help, but once you’re in really serious hot water academically, they just kind of leave you to drown. And it sucks, because I enjoyed my short experience at ISU... up until it came to dealing with this.

No one cares.

Sorry, I know I’ve been a huge downer lately, but I’m seriously struggling right now and reading about yet another way they are making this already difficult, long, and costly process even more convoluted and confusing by not providing all of the important information, outlined in actual steps as most other vet schools do, makes my heart hurt for the brave few who actually try to navigate it.

I care. I really really care. I think this is absolutely unacceptable and if I went to this school I would make it my personal mission to get this changed. Because it makes me 100 levels of sad and angry. You and Falcon and everyone else deserves so much better than this.

Do you know anyone who has actually gone through all of this?

When I was being dismissed, the faculty offered to connect me with students who have gone through this process before. I was relieved to hear I wasn't the only one and that it's not impossible to get back in. The frustrating part...they never connected me with those people.

I've asked numerous times in person and over email to reach out to those students and faculty never followed through.

I spoke with my undergrad advisor who has been there for me through it all (for years!) and he asked me: "Have you ever heard of the Peter Principle? It might not be a personal thing....they may just suck at their job!" :claps:

Last edited:
I believe that there are 2 students from my class at ISU (2021) that were dismissed due to grades after/during first year and they have returned this year to the class of 2023. I'm not completely sure of the details that were involved but @Falconette85 I can try to give you their names if you PM me.

Hello everyone! Here's another update with the readmission process.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, I had to write a letter requesting "Vet Med Special" status for this fall to the Assoc. Dean. My CVM faculty contact also mentioned I had to send it to him by May 15 along with my official transcripts.

Slight problem: my classes through Colorado State and Iowa State were not going to be completed until May 11. So, I asked my CVM faculty contact for advice. They suggested I mention (in the letter) that I am in the process of completing the required prerequisite courses but that I would submit my official transcripts as soon as my classes are completed. Ok! Perfect!

So I have been working on my letter to the Assoc. Dean and wanted a few eyes to look at it. I took my letter over to my undergrad advisor (who has been instrumental during this whole process) and we polished my letter. His question to me was: 'When are you going to submit this? I wouldn't wait on submitting this. If I were you, I would have submit this yesterday. With every passing day, an undergrad (who applied to vet school for the upcoming fall) is competing with you for your seat.' :eek: I hadn't thought of that. So I emailed my letter to the Assoc. Dean that night.

Here's what I got back yesterday:

1582916446348.png

NEVER. GIVE. UP!!! :soexcited:

I want to thank each and every single one of you for believing in me, encouraging me and always being in my corner. I'll continue to keep everyone updated because I'm sure there might be some more hidden steps in completing this process before being 'officially' reinstated as a full-fledged veterinary student.

But again, thank you everyone <3

• Love
Reactions: 29 users