This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ontariowannabe

Reaction score
Wondering how medical school reapplicants look to Ontario medical schools. I would like to apply in third year to gain some interview experience but would not like it to adversely affect my application in fourth year.

Members don't see this ad.

Wondering how medical school reapplicants look to Ontario medical schools. I would like to apply in third year to gain some interview experience but would not like it to adversely affect my application in fourth year.
You can gain interview experience by doing practice interviews at a schools career or pre med office, with a professor or advisor who knows about MD admissions.. even applying for regular jobs and doing a job interview will give you experience.

Apply when you feel you’re ready to start the program next year.

There is no bias against re-applicants in Canada like there is in the US.

However, I agree with @WIMNFamilyMed that as far as practice goes, going to your career centre for mock interviews is much more rational than spending hundreds of dollars on applications you have no idea will even result in an interview.