Reapplicant School Selection/Personal Statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Reminem

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, so I'm reapplying for the 2017 cycle. I received an interview during the 2016 cycle, but was waitlisted. I applied really late (secondaries were submitted in october) because of a letter of recommendation that was critical wasn't received from a professor and I was advised that this most like impacted a large portion of my application for the 2016 cycle. So I now have all my letters and am ready to reapply.

My stats are the following:
508 MCAT, 3.79 GPA, 3.68 sGPA
50 Shadowing hours
150 Non Clinical Volunteer Hours
Medical Insurance Liaison with direct patient/doctor/therapist interaction - 1800 hours
Lab Assistant at a large pharmaceutical company - 300 hours and currently still increasing
Lab Instructor/TA for the Organic Chemistry Laboratory course for my undergrad (taught my own section in my own lab)
200+ hours of intramural sports/university clubs
Founding Father of a Fraternity at my undergrad that has a direct link to american red cross as our philanthropy with a lot of volunteer work within the organization

I am a PA resident and am applying to the following schools:
(* schools are one's that I am a re-applicant for)
Rowan U
Drexel*
George Washington U
Georgetown
Howard
Temple *
Morehouse
NY Medical College
Penn State Medical College*
The Commonwealth Medical College
Tulane
Creighton
WVU*

I am also applying to
PCOM and LECOM as osteopathic schools

I was looking to see if there any schools that I should add/drop from my list and if anyone could go over my personal statement with me. I've revamped it from last year with the new experiences I've added to my application. Thanks all

Members don't see this ad.

I see a huge lack of clinical hours. Your insurance stuff probably won't be viewed by most as clinic hrs unless you were observing procedures. Lab hrs also don't count towards it. I would address that before you reapply. I agree with @doctorleospaceman 's additions. GL.