This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SlayerOfVirgins

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Two years ago I applied to med-school using AMCAS and did not adequately prepare for my MCAT. Upon learning that I did not preform as well as I hoped I didn't bother to email each school individually and withdraw my applications. This being the case I was technically rejected as I did not follow up on secondary applications. I was wondering if I should still rewrite my personal statement completely or just revise it? My personal statement pertains to my EMT experience (which I feel is my strongest aspect) and I have obtained over 1000 more hours since I first applied.

Members don't see this ad.

that name tho...

I know right? :scared::scared: although maybe some suaveness will be helpful :naughty::naughty:

Two years ago I applied to med-school using AMCAS and did not adequately prepare for my MCAT. Upon learning that I did not preform as well as I hoped I didn't bother to email each school individually and withdraw my applications. This being the case I was technically rejected as I did not follow up on secondary applications. I was wondering if I should still rewrite my personal statement completely or just revise it? My personal statement pertains to my EMT experience (which I feel is my strongest aspect) and I have obtained over 1000 more hours since I first applied.

I wouldn't rewrite your entire personal statement because you weren't complete anywhere.

If you think you can make it better, rewrite. If it already does a great job of explaining your reasons for pursuing medicine, just tweak it a bit because you don't want to replace it with something that's potentially just worse and less sincere.

Reactions: 1 user