• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

D

deleted109597

Hey, even though we don't have the cutoff anymore, we still need to make new ones.
Some of you all walk in like, 3 weeks.

sleepymed

The white Hard24Get
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Officially I'm a doctor April 24th, but my graduation isn't till May 29th :) Kind of scary that it's just one more week left!!

EM2BE

Elf
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2006
Somewhere over the rainbow
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
So the stupid (but nice) sun woke me up 2 hours early this morning and I couldn't go back to sleep. Then worked out. Then went to study pharm. Loss of sleep + pharm = sleep is the pharmakokinetic formula I created.

About the Ads

ineedsleep

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2007
The other side of the country
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I'm done with electives on 4/29, but don't actually graduate until 5/17. And then I start on 6/20. I'm thinkin' that free time will go pretty fast. Oh well. 'Tis life.

D

deleted109597

So the stupid (but nice) sun woke me up 2 hours early this morning and I couldn't go back to sleep. Then worked out. Then went to study pharm. Loss of sleep + pharm = sleep is the pharmakokinetic formula I created.

Wow. I miss waking up in daylight. Except when I'm post call.

EM2BE

Elf
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I managed to sleep through my first earthquake. Probably best that way. Was really small too, so there was no reason for me to wake up. Nap time before Kaplan.

About the Ads

enfuegoEP

10+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Last day of my rotation at the county jail 4/25 (provided I don't get "shanked" first.)

Trip to Key West 5/16-5/20

Fishing trip 5/22

Graduation 5/25

Move to Tampa 5/29

Start orientation sometime mid june

Seems like yesterday I was stressing out about taking the mcat. Time flies.

EM OR BUST

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Last day of med school was: April 4th
Grad: May 3rd

EM2BE

Elf
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Left: 2 yrs and 3 weeks. Getting closer. Looks much better than 4 yrs.

I must be feeling optimistic right now. Even though biochem is kicking my butt.

EM2BE

Elf
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Objective for the rest of the day: watch tv, sleep if I happen to, work out, and then go back to bed. Studying this hard makes me really tired.

ineedsleep

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2007
The other side of the country
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
3.5 days and one test left. Why does it seem the closer I get, the harder it is to do simple things? Like show up at 8 am (not that I'm late, but getting up is harder). Heck my surgery team during third year wanted me there to start pre-rounding at 4a and I'm complaining about 8a. Fourth year has made me soft.

Hard24Get

The black sleepymed
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2006
In my skin, when I jump out you jump in!
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
3.5 days and one test left. Why does it seem the closer I get, the harder it is to do simple things? Like show up at 8 am (not that I'm late, but getting up is harder). Heck my surgery team during third year wanted me there to start pre-rounding at 4a and I'm complaining about 8a. Fourth year has made me soft.

:laugh: so true! I was whining during radiology, which was 9 or 10am to 3, and was still late/anxious to leave alot. I will get my work ethic back for residency, right?

EM2BE

Elf
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I highly doubt any of you will be lazy when the time comes. What you have is called senioritis. It will happen again probably your last year of residency too. Just like any other school-finishing stage. (Of course I started senioritis last year, but still)

About the Ads

EdEmEr

Undoing Natural Selection
10+ Year Member
Nov 18, 2007
NYC
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Haven't been "in school" since the first week of March. Just got back from 2 weeks in the Dominican Republic and leave for 2 weeks in Europe first week of June. While home my days have been filled with 1.5 hour lunches with friends, 3 hours at the gym and afternoon naps. If this is what retirement is like, SIGN ME UP. :thumbup:

Graduate May 10
Start July 1

About the Ads

nymbarra

In flux
10+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Guys,

I know I'm relatively new to SDN but...

I'm getting so addicted to this website, could my diagnosis be:

Matchitis w/ paradoxical uncompensated senioritis, leading to SDN-itis?

I need to get off my a** and get to the gym!

zinjanthropus

15+ Year Member
May 31, 2003
FL
www.facebook.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
No more, Zinjanthropus, MSIV and no more white coat. It's over. Let the two months when being a doctor is fun commence (I'm sure it will get old real quick on June 23). Now, just have to handle wearing a big froofy gown in the Florida heat next week.

EM2BE

Elf
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
This is sad...this thread was created a week ago and we haven't finished the first page (not even w/in 1 or 2 posts). All you 4th years are doing what you said you wouldn't do...leaving us slowly. Come back. Please come back!

nymbarra

In flux
10+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
This is sad...this thread was created a week ago and we haven't finished the first page (not even w/in 1 or 2 posts). All you 4th years are doing what you said you wouldn't do...leaving us slowly. Come back. Please come back!

So this is what you can aspire to as a 4th year near the end...

- wake up at 10am :hardy:

- finally send off the last of the stuff for your residency program

- debate/discuss with the notary for a good ten minutes that while obviously he cannot legally confirm that you will be a good intern (and all that is required on a temporary license permit application), he can attest that the person in the picture attached to the application is in fact the same person standing before him...(sigh)

- have a 2 hour lunch (I'm gonna miss the Asian food in Cali...)

- have a 1 hour nap :sleep:

- be at the gym for 1.5 hours :clap:

- buy new clothes at the outlet center (baby's got some new threads :cool:)

- watch a movie w/ dinner (Charlie Wilson's war :thumbup:)

- drink Portugese wine with dark chocolate :p

- lament about how the increase in prices for staple foods will hurt the poor in developing countries :(

- get excited about how Emory is rockin' :love:

- check email and SDN q15 minutes :D

- hope also that I will recover before orientation (I think of that line from Apocalypse Now..."every day Charlie squats in the bush he gets stronger, every day I'm here I get weaker"...) :scared:

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.