Rearview Mirror: Counting down the Days

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted109597

Hey, even though we don't have the cutoff anymore, we still need to make new ones.
Some of you all walk in like, 3 weeks.

Members don't see this ad.

Officially I'm a doctor April 24th, but my graduation isn't till May 29th :) Kind of scary that it's just one more week left!!

So the stupid (but nice) sun woke me up 2 hours early this morning and I couldn't go back to sleep. Then worked out. Then went to study pharm. Loss of sleep + pharm = sleep is the pharmakokinetic formula I created.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm done with electives on 4/29, but don't actually graduate until 5/17. And then I start on 6/20. I'm thinkin' that free time will go pretty fast. Oh well. 'Tis life.

So the stupid (but nice) sun woke me up 2 hours early this morning and I couldn't go back to sleep. Then worked out. Then went to study pharm. Loss of sleep + pharm = sleep is the pharmakokinetic formula I created.

Wow. I miss waking up in daylight. Except when I'm post call.

Wow. I miss waking up in daylight. Except when I'm post call.

I was post-drinking after pulling an all-nighter the night before, so kind of like post-call I'm guessing. Going to bed now. Another exam in the morning. At least it's not worth a grade.

Last Day=March 28th :smuggrin:
Election Day=April 22nd
Last experiment=May 10th
Graduation=May 19th
SAEM=May 28th
Move date=June 2nd :eek:

I managed to sleep through my first earthquake. Probably best that way. Was really small too, so there was no reason for me to wake up. Nap time before Kaplan.

Woah...where was everyone today?

Members don't see this ad :)
Last day of my rotation at the county jail 4/25 (provided I don't get "shanked" first.)

Trip to Key West 5/16-5/20

Fishing trip 5/22

Graduation 5/25

Move to Tampa 5/29

Start orientation sometime mid june

Seems like yesterday I was stressing out about taking the mcat. Time flies.

Last day of med school was: April 4th
Grad: May 3rd

Left: 2 yrs and 3 weeks. Getting closer. Looks much better than 4 yrs.

I must be feeling optimistic right now. Even though biochem is kicking my butt.

Objective for the rest of the day: watch tv, sleep if I happen to, work out, and then go back to bed. Studying this hard makes me really tired.

3.5 days and one test left. Why does it seem the closer I get, the harder it is to do simple things? Like show up at 8 am (not that I'm late, but getting up is harder). Heck my surgery team during third year wanted me there to start pre-rounding at 4a and I'm complaining about 8a. Fourth year has made me soft.

3.5 days and one test left. Why does it seem the closer I get, the harder it is to do simple things? Like show up at 8 am (not that I'm late, but getting up is harder). Heck my surgery team during third year wanted me there to start pre-rounding at 4a and I'm complaining about 8a. Fourth year has made me soft.

:laugh: so true! I was whining during radiology, which was 9 or 10am to 3, and was still late/anxious to leave alot. I will get my work ethic back for residency, right?

Officially I'm a doctor April 24th, but my graduation isn't till May 29th :) Kind of scary that it's just one more week left!!

wait, i was done like a week and a half ago. so...i'm a doctor now?

rephrased, with confidence: i'm a doctor, b*tches!

Seriously, though, a part of me is really concerned that I have suddenly morphed into this lazy, internet-surfing couch potato who will HATE residency and, worse, turn out to be a lemon :scared:

I highly doubt any of you will be lazy when the time comes. What you have is called senioritis. It will happen again probably your last year of residency too. Just like any other school-finishing stage. (Of course I started senioritis last year, but still)

I'm posting at the hour and tomorrow I'll wonder why I have issues getting up. 4thyearitis or insomnia or just poor sleep hygiene?

Haven't been "in school" since the first week of March. Just got back from 2 weeks in the Dominican Republic and leave for 2 weeks in Europe first week of June. While home my days have been filled with 1.5 hour lunches with friends, 3 hours at the gym and afternoon naps. If this is what retirement is like, SIGN ME UP. :thumbup:

Graduate May 10
Start July 1

I was definitely sleeping. Studying makes me very tired.

I hate doing practice tests and doing well. It gives me no motivation to study. Oh and took another long nap today.

ho, hum, eating chocolate cause people are dumb....:thumbdown:

Guys,

I know I'm relatively new to SDN but...

I'm getting so addicted to this website, could my diagnosis be:

Matchitis w/ paradoxical uncompensated senioritis, leading to SDN-itis?

I need to get off my a** and get to the gym!

2.5 days. Don't know if I'll make it. :D

Is it time to go home yet?

No more, Zinjanthropus, MSIV and no more white coat. It's over. Let the two months when being a doctor is fun commence (I'm sure it will get old real quick on June 23). Now, just have to handle wearing a big froofy gown in the Florida heat next week.

This is sad...this thread was created a week ago and we haven't finished the first page (not even w/in 1 or 2 posts). All you 4th years are doing what you said you wouldn't do...leaving us slowly. Come back. Please come back!

This is sad...this thread was created a week ago and we haven't finished the first page (not even w/in 1 or 2 posts). All you 4th years are doing what you said you wouldn't do...leaving us slowly. Come back. Please come back!

So this is what you can aspire to as a 4th year near the end...

- wake up at 10am :hardy:

- finally send off the last of the stuff for your residency program

- debate/discuss with the notary for a good ten minutes that while obviously he cannot legally confirm that you will be a good intern (and all that is required on a temporary license permit application), he can attest that the person in the picture attached to the application is in fact the same person standing before him...(sigh)

- have a 2 hour lunch (I'm gonna miss the Asian food in Cali...)

- have a 1 hour nap :sleep:

- be at the gym for 1.5 hours :clap:

- buy new clothes at the outlet center (baby's got some new threads :cool:)

- watch a movie w/ dinner (Charlie Wilson's war :thumbup:)

- drink Portugese wine with dark chocolate :p

- lament about how the increase in prices for staple foods will hurt the poor in developing countries :(

- get excited about how Emory is rockin' :love:

- check email and SDN q15 minutes :D

- hope also that I will recover before orientation (I think of that line from Apocalypse Now..."every day Charlie squats in the bush he gets stronger, every day I'm here I get weaker"...) :scared:

nymbarra, I wish we were going to the same place!!! :love:

sorry, we've been busy! :smuggrin:

+pad+ to congratulate SLEEPYMED ON BECOMING A DOCTOR TODAY!!!!

:clap::clap::clap:

+pad+ 'cause I get to be on a committee this year :cool:

+pad+ 'cause a certain somebody is going to get the nomination very soon, despite other bad somebody's perverted efforts :D

+pad+ cause my MIL ain't home :)

+pad+ 'cause I'm cooking macaroni and cheese - yummy!!! :love: