Rearview Mirror: Dean's Letter Edition

Started by Hard24Get
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dcr0388l.jpg


amc0404l.jpg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
im sure everyone is doing IVs rite now...go get 'em guys and gals (sleepymed and H24G)
 
im sure everyone is doing IVs rite now...go get 'em guys and gals (sleepymed and H24G)

IVs rock. Or something.
However, I have learned two things. 1. Most (99%) of nurses love you for starting your own IVs if you have the chance. 2. Some of them hate you when you get ones that they can't get. Floor nurses are different, but ED nurses pride themselves on sticks.
 
I think the people upstairs just got a new drumset. Can't block it out with anything either. 😡
 
Maybe it's on a movie. Just heard whistles. Usually can't hear anything (pretty sound proof) so I don't know what's going on.
 
How do you learn all the drugs? Whenever I do learn something, I forget within a few weeks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Since my Dean's letter is already in, I was planing to do some serious slacking...
 
but, of course, I am not used to slacking and the thought of it makes me feel icky inside :barf:
 
Besides, it is pretty interesting, one of the only times you will have the opportunity to have an in-depth discussion with the insane as to the depths of their insanity. It is almost like philosophy
 
And it is weird, I catch myself psychoanalyzing everyone - those psychiatry guys are super-observant and I am trying to pick it up.
 
The creepy part is when I start analyzing myself. I have a lot of psychomotor agitation and even pressured speech at times. Everytime I have a weird thought I stop and think, "wait, was that crazy?" :scared:
 
so for that reason I'll be happy when this rotation is over. Oh, and I have my schedule UNTIL I'M AN MD!!!!! 😀
 
I finish psych, interview during january, take bioethics and boards in February, Radiology in March (yay!) and anesthesiology in April! 😀 :clap:
 
yup, yup, life is pretty good, pretty good. I have a lot of stuff to do, but that is why SDN is here - to help me procrastinate 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Plus, the determination of Inigo Montoya will surely win me the residency of my choice!!!! 😎
 
Plus, the determination of Inigo Montoya will surely win me the residency of my choice!!!! 😎

Nice pic. And nice posting! It's about time we had a marathon go on again! I am out of town again, sneaking in a few words before the bf catches me on here.
 
oh yeah, I remember Psych...very cool rotation especially when a Schizophrenic of CPT is undermedicated charges through and breaks down the security door to the nurse's station...thankfully he knocked himself out in the process.
 
oh yeah, I remember Psych...very cool rotation especially when a Schizophrenic of CPT is undermedicated charges through and breaks down the security door to the nurse's station...thankfully he knocked himself out in the process.

yeah, that's the only thing, some of these people are not so safe
 
I did a presentation today and quoted a certain psychiatrist, only to find out he was bludgeoned to death by a patient last year :scared:

There was also a guy who was waiting for his psychiatrist with two pistols in hand - luckily he passed out from low blood sugar before the doc arrived! 😱
Got me wondering if every ED really should have metal detectors.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Status
Not open for further replies.