Rec letter from PI or project manager?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dox4lyfe

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if I should get a letter of rec from my PI who I almost never communicate with or from the project manager (a grad student) who I work directly with.
 
I see your concern OP and am quite curious about how medical schools perceive a letter of recommendation from a graduate student compared to a professor? @Goro @LizzyM ?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ask the PI. PI's will generally ask us who work with you for substantial input into the letter and/or for us to write it and he/she will just sign it at the end. Either way, always go through the PI.