received a C in gchem 2. what should I do.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abester

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got back my grades and i received a C in gchem 2. The past semester has been hard on me due to multiple non-school problems. I'm usually an A, B+ student and don't receive grades like this. Since this class is a prereq its worrying me. What do you guys think i should do in this situation? How much would it hinder my resume? Any feed back would be appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

C shouldn't matter as long as you have a 3.35+ science GPA. 3.4 would be ideal for science GPA.

I just got back my grades and i received a C in gchem 2. The past semester has been hard on me due to multiple non-school problems. I'm usually an A, B+ student and don't receive grades like this. Since this class is a prereq its worrying me. What do you guys think i should do in this situation? How much would it hinder my resume? Any feed back would be appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Just so long as it is not a C-. If it was, a retake would probably be necessary.

Members don't see this ad :)
How did you do on Chem1? maybe if a good grade was obtained in chem 1 you could explain or mention a good reason why the C on Chem 2 in an intervew

How did you do on Chem1? maybe if a good grade was obtained in chem 1 you could explain or mention a good reason why the C on Chem 2 in an intervew

really? its a C not an F!

Dont worry about it dude.. A C in Chem 2 is not going to hurt your chances .. jus make sure you do well in the rest of your science classes.. try to make As and Bs.. so that C wouldnt hurt your gpa.

Hope it helps.

Moss

Hi guys, this is a thread that is probably famous but i have not happen to find it anywhere, therefore i apologize for the ignorance...
What do you guys think it will INCREASE the chances of acceptance more... sGPA or oGPA?

Hi guys, this is a thread that is probably famous but i have not happen to find it anywhere, therefore i apologize for the ignorance...
What do you guys think it will INCREASE the chances of acceptance more... sGPA or oGPA?

sGPA

abester:

I think you should see how you do over the next semester, and if possible see how you do on the DAT; I think if you did well on the chem sections of the DAT and your other pre-reqs, you'll be fine. I got a C+ in physics 1, but As in everything else, except a B+ in organic 1, I have no intention of retaking physics.

thanks for all of the input guys. greatly appreciated!

don't worry about it, I got a C in gen chem 2 as well but, our gen chem program is known to be pretty ridiculously hard. Either way, do well on the gen chem on the DAT to prove you know it and you should be alright.

I got a C in gen chem 2 and a C in tissue biology. I did well on the DAT and even with a lower-than-average sGPA and GPA I got 6 interviews so far and 2 acceptances. I tried to get a lot of shadowing in and a ton of service and things have been great. Just keep studying hard and find ways to prove you will be a good dentist.