Recommendation Letter Problem - please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentaldream21

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This professor agreed about 3 months ago she would write a recommendation letter for me. After several e-mails and no response (she isn't in her office during the summer), at the end of june, I decided to get another professor to write the recommendation letter. The day I switched the evaluator on AADSAS, she e-mails me back that she can't submit the letter, so I change the evaluator to her again. According to AADSAS, currently she has uploaded and signed the letter, but it's still "in progress", because she hasn't clicked the submit button. I've been e-mailing her about this for a week now. She replied, she thought she completed everything, I told her to recheck the steps and click the submit button, but she still hasn't done that yet... I can't remove her on AADSAS to switch to the other professor because it's already "in progress"... What should I do? Keep e-mailing her? Contact AADSAS to ask to remove her and ask the other professor for a letter?

Members don't see this ad.

"I spoke with the AADSAS and they tell me your letter upload was successful, but that you need to complete the process by clicking the submit button. Until you do this, my application cannot move forward to completion."

Thanks! I wrote almost the exact same thing to her twice :( I really don't know why she's taking so long to do this... should i get like my school's admission team involved?

If she already wrote and uploaded the letter, just be persistent. It should still be finished quicker than waiting for another professor to write a letter. Last cycle, one of my professors was really bad with emails and didn't answer her office phone, so I literally paid a friend $20 who was taking classes that summer to go into a class she was teaching and give her a message from me in person. That finally got her attention and she submitted my letter the next day.

Reactions: 1 users
If she already wrote and uploaded the letter, just be persistent. It should still be finished quicker than waiting for another professor to write a letter. Last cycle, one of my professors was really bad with emails and didn't answer her office phone, so I literally paid a friend $20 who was taking classes that summer to go into a class she was teaching and give her a message from me in person. That finally got her attention and she submitted my letter the next day.

haha, that's great! I wish my prof was on campus, so I could at least see her face to face, but she's only there from sep-april! Most of the time I email her I'm not even sure if she opens the email. should i set up a gmail read receipt? do you think the prof will be offended?