Regis University 2011 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
and i also noticed that last year some acceptance stats were being thrown around. did anyone who interviewed in dec or feb catch how many people they were planning on interviewing this year? accepting?

anyone else catching the march 4th boat with me?
raises hand* if we can, let's get a 2 bedroom hotel so we can split the cost. I would also like to pay for half of the gas fare if that's okay with you.

Members don't see this ad.

I received a phone call from Dr Burt this evening, I have been accepted! I am so excited! Anyone else accepted and planning on attending?

Nope, I haven't heard back. What time did you get the call?

I guess that could mean bad news......I thought they were going to mail out letters? I contacted Kara today and she said decisions were not finalized yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't get the call until after 6:30 pm mountain time, don't give up yet, I am sure that they are still working on it. I was a little surprised to get a phone call because we were told that they were sending letters, but I hope you get a phone call soon too, good luck!:luck:

I just got the call a few minutes ago also. Yay!

Are you going to go for sure?

It will be between Regis and Midwestern for me.

Congratulations! So far it is my only acceptance (the only other school I applied to is still conducting interviews and will not review and make decisions until they are done), but I think that it will probably be the best fit for me. The only thing that I am nervous about is the cost. It would be fun if we were classmates :D

Congratulations! So far it is my only acceptance (the only other school I applied to is still conducting interviews and will not review and make decisions until they are done), but I think that it will probably be the best fit for me. The only thing that I am nervous about is the cost. It would be fun if we were classmates :D

@ COPharmHopeful..when did you interview? i had mine on 2/4 but haven't heard anything and i called Kara today, she said all decisions will be made by 2/21st and by mail. I didn't know they were making phone calls. This may mean bad news for me=(

Gigi1234- I interviewed on 2/4 also, I think they are calling the people accepted, but I don't really know for sure. I think they are probably still working on the decisions and letting people know. I hope you hear good news soon too, good luck to you!

Last year, it usually took them two weeks after the interview date to contact applicants about their acceptances, so there is still hope! This year may be different, though.

Good luck you guys!

Good luck, Gigi! A different faculty member called me than the one that called COPharm and the number wasn't from Regis so maybe the person that is assigned to call you hasn't been told or hasn't had the time yet.

When I asked Kara about acceptance on Monday, she told me the same thing she told you. Also the person I spoke with said letters should be going out on Thursday or Friday of this week.

I interviewed of 2/4 and I got a phone call today telling me I was accepted! :D

I think it is a nice touch to call each applicant that has been accepted.

I interviewed of 2/4 and I got a phone call today telling me I was accepted! :D

I think it is a nice touch to call each applicant that has been accepted.

Congrats! I thought that the personal phone call was a nice touch too:) Are you planning to attend Regis in the fall?

congrats guys! do you guys remember any of the questions that were asked during the interview? i'm trying to do my best to prepare, but don't have the greatest resources here. any help here would be great. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats guys! do you guys remember any of the questions that were asked during the interview? i'm trying to do my best to prepare, but don't have the greatest resources here. any help here would be great. :D

The interviewers don't really ask typical interview questions, but for most of the MMIs they give you a situation and you have a conversation about how yu would handle it, or your thoughts about it. They really are not something that you can plan anwers for, so don't worry, some can be challenging but there is no right or wrong answer. I actually thought that some of them were kind of fun! Best advice I got was to relax and be yourself, can't go wrong with that!:laugh: Hope that helps you out a bit and good luck with the interview!

Good luck, Gigi! A different faculty member called me than the one that called COPharm and the number wasn't from Regis so maybe the person that is assigned to call you hasn't been told or hasn't had the time yet.

When I asked Kara about acceptance on Monday, she told me the same thing she told you. Also the person I spoke with said letters should be going out on Thursday or Friday of this week.

no phone call today for me, i'm getting really nervous and losing hope=(..it sound like phone calls are made to offer admissions and letters are waitlisted/denials

Congrats! I thought that the personal phone call was a nice touch too:) Are you planning to attend Regis in the fall?

This was my first interview; I have four more scheduled in the next couple weeks. I really like the atmosphere are Regis, so I am definitely leaning towards attending there. Actually, I am kind of hoping I don't get accepted anywhere else. That would make the decision process so much easier. :)

I just received an acceptance e-mail so those who haven't received the phone call yet might check your e-mail.

I'm really disappointed that they consider us as undergraduate students for the 1st year regardless of completion of a bachelor's degree. It's hard to swallow taking out such a large private loan.

For any current students - if you don't mind sharing - did you take out private loans the first year? How bad was the interest on those?

RNM7
I agree with you. It is hard to take out such a huge loan for your first year.
I also recieved my e-mail today about it (interview on 2/4). It is nice that the security deposit is only 350 though. I know another school i applied to was 2000.

The financial counselor doesn't have the cost of attendance yet but it will be $18,410 per semester and that doesn't include the books or technology fees yet. She also said that the annual maximum for Stafford is $12,500 which can be reduced based on any prior loan borrowing or data submitted on the FAFSA.

I'm married and a non traditional student so my EFC is going to be high. I just don't think it makes financial sense for me to take out possibly $40,000 or $50,000 in private loans so I have a feeling that I will choose to go to Midwestern based on this which is sad because I really liked the campus and the program.

RNM7- it is definately hard to swallow that much in private loans, I am nervous about that too, I am also a non traditional student and married. I do have 2 kids and that helps bring down my EFC, but still no matter how you slice it I will probably need to take out private loans which stresses me out! The crazy thing is at university of wyoming they consider you undergrad for 2 years, so to be undergrad for one year is almost a "perk" to Regis. I hope you are happy at whichever school you attend.

Have you recieved you letter in the mail yet? I live in Colorado and was hoping to have it by now, but I don't. I was starting to worry that they called the wrong person until I got the email on Friday :laugh:

I have not received the acceptance letter yet.

I was really excited about the TBL part, but the tuition is going to kill me.

Good luck in school!

Good luck to you too! In the end you will end up with a PharmD either way, so you have to find the best way to get there. I am excited and curious about the TBL too, since I will probably be attending Regis if you are still curious ask me in about a year :p

I too received a very nice phone call/message saying I have been accepted. I thought it was a very nice touch and I really, really liked Regis. The tuition scares me as I am very debt adverse! Especially, since they are not fully accredited as of yet. I have no doubt that they will achieve full accreditation. I also feel that Regis will not let a student fail (unless of course they deserve it) as they really care about the student. I will have to investigate the student loan web sites and figure out how much this will really end up costing in the long run. I recently saw a special on CNBC concerning the student loan "bubble" that is bursting. Very sobering, and scary. THese loans can never ever be discharged (nor do I think they should) and the interest rates are not really regulated. So buyer beware when you sign up for these loans they do NOT go away and in fact can double due to high interst rates. So the little $160,000 loan for 4 years can end up costing over 250-300,000 over the life of the loan.

Yet, I loved Regis!!
Any earlier students have any good thoughts on how to trim this $$ bill?

I mostly applied to this school because I wanted an extra option, but after visiting I ended up adoring the school. The faculty Biographies give me the confidence in the Education I was searching. Not that the US news rankings are perfectly objective for pharmacy school, but for what it's worth, most went to some well ranked schools. Two UT grads, Texas Tech, and quite a few from U of Colorado, rutgers, ohio state, and some very impressive specialties/residencies/board certifications/PhD research.

There is a definite intimate feel about the faculty, I just interviewed on 02/17/11. Hoping to get accepted, as it is now my first choice. During the interviews the school demonstrates a small exercise of the TBL learning process, very unique and would be combined with the "integrated" curriculum. Also overheard a 6 week 4th year rotation in Ethiopia is available, which appealed to me, but I didn't get full details.

Also, this might not be completely correct, but it was my impression that the 28 Jesuit universities were connected (not sure to what extent). But the prospect of having resources and databases mostly from, say, Georgetown and Fordham, brings out the nerd in me.

In my thought pattern, the School is classified as Tier one. The PT program is well ranked, it's not some random specialty school that started out of nowhere. Any questioning ideas I had in my mind were definitely stomped all over this past interview, and I'm left with the (perhaps glorified) perception that this integrated TBL program will be the future of top pharmacy school curriculums.

My only personal concern is that the Gym is Relatively small, so campus workouts may be difficult if most people have the same Schedule as you. I overheard there is a "lunch" hour that many students share across different studies. But Denver itself is an active city, with all kinds of gyms and exercise trails throughout the city, I'm sure this won't be much of a problem.

got an interview invitation letter on saturday (a little surprised they would send it on a weekend). sort of excited for this school, especially the location, lived in denver for 4 years. however, with the multiple mini interviews, it seems like even if I be myself and dont act nervous I feel like I wont get in. any recommendations

these questions are for current students, sort of looking ahead but curious

1.) the tuition looks like its gonna be around 36k a year, are there a good number of 1k-5k scholarships?

2.) hows the stress level for first year students. obviously as PharmD students i should expect 16-18 semester units of coursework, but is it possible to enjoy weekends once in a while or even every week?

I also have an interview scheduled for March 4th and I was wondering the same things. I've never been to CO, but I am extremely excited to be going. For those of you that have interviewed already, how many prospective students were there the day you were interviewing? Also, what is the dress code for the interview? I assume professional, but in the email I received from Regis, it says to wear comfortable shoes because there is a good deal of walking involved. Thanks for any input!

Last edited:
I also have an interview scheduled for March 4th and I was wondering the same things. I've never been to CO, but I am extremely excited to be going. For those of you that have interviewed already, how many prospective students were there the day you were interviewing? Also, what is the dress code for the interview? I assume professional, but in the email I received from Regis, it says to wear comfortable shoes because there is a good deal of walking involved. Thanks for any input!

Congrats on your interview! The dress code is professional, I wore a suit set and that seemed to be common. For the shoes I just wore my dress shoes, it was icy out and there was some fresh snow the day I interviewed and there were still women in heels, the campus is not very large but the tour is a little more than a hour so be prepared for that. (FYI there a chance of rain forecast for Friday, so make sure you bring a jacket) There were ~35 students interviewing the same day as me, and good luck!:luck:

There isn't much you should prepare for, they interviewed around 40 people in my particular session. Just got my acceptance phone call this morning. Good luck!

There isn't much you should prepare for, they interviewed around 40 people in my particular session. Just got my acceptance phone call this morning. Good luck!

Congrats! Are you planning to attend Regis in the fall?

Congrats! Are you planning to attend Regis in the fall?

I definitely have good confidence and love for the idea of this program. I'm going to do a little more research on another school I have an interview for, and then make my decision in a couple more days. What about yourself?

I definitely have good confidence and love for the idea of this program. I'm going to do a little more research on another school I have an interview for, and then make my decision in a couple more days. What about yourself?

I put down my deposit to hold my spot last week, but I am hoping to hear from the other school I applied to either today or tomorrow. If I get in there too I will have to decide, but Regis is a better fit for me location wise.

I am trying to find the interview feedbacks for Regis but fail. Does anybody know how I can get there? Thanks.

Any interviewers from Feb. 17 or that week hear back?

just flew into denver! i'll see some of you guys tomorrow! good luck to all of you who are interviewing! (i just gotta work on my jet lag now..)

Anyone interviewing on 3/17? I wanted to know how is the traffic on I-70 on Thursday afternoons? I am planning to leave right after the interview process and I was wondering if I will make it to the airport to take a flight that leaves at 5:30pm. Did anyone actually stay there until 3pm? earlier? later? please help.

I just interviewed on 3/5. Our day ended at about 2:45pm. Everyone was extremely nice and helpful. I really enjoyed the interview process and I loved the campus and area it was in. As for I-70 traffic, I didn't take it east toward the airport. I took it west. However, the traffic didn't look bad at all headed east. You shouldn't have any problems getting to the airport in time. Good luck!

Anyone interviewing on 3/17? I wanted to know how is the traffic on I-70 on Thursday afternoons? I am planning to leave right after the interview process and I was wondering if I will make it to the airport to take a flight that leaves at 5:30pm. Did anyone actually stay there until 3pm? earlier? later? please help.
The 3/4 interview was ended up around 2:45-3:00 pm, It was pretty a full day event. My flight was at 6:45 pm, so I went to the museum till 5pm then went back to the airport, I was right on time, a little rush due to the shuttle to the airport, the security being a bit crazy on Friday. You have plenty of time if you go directly from school to the airport after the interview. The interview was well thought out with about 50+ candidates. People were very nice (they will take your mud shot when you check in haha so smile). Overall it was a good experience until the Interim Dean said that they already accepted 75 people (they are planning to accept 77 people), cuz someone asked the question. I know that only 1/3-1/2 accepted people would attend the program since it's not accredited, but it still made me think that I was there for nothing. It was a scary moment. If I have known this ahead of time, I wouldn't have gone to the interview, cuz I was already on edge about going. However, I am kidda glad I went, since I really like Denver. Good luck with your interview.

Last edited:
I interviewed 2/17 and just received a letter in the mail saying I'm on the waiting list. Does anyone know exactly how the wait list works?

Sorry. I just realized that I interviewed on 3/4, not 3/5.

I just received a postcard from my student interviewer. Is this just how they do it at Regis? Sending cards to candidates or it's actually a good news?

I will be interviewing on 3/17 as well. I will be seeing you there =)

Has anyone that interviewed on 3/4 gotten a reply from Regis yet? The only thing I have gotten is the postcard from a current student saying thank you for coming.

Has anyone that interviewed on 3/4 gotten a reply from Regis yet? The only thing I have gotten is the postcard from a current student saying thank you for coming.

Based on what the Dean blurted out during lunch time, I fear that many of us will be waitlisted, if not all. They said 2 weeks since last Monday, so we should hear something later this week. All we can do is cross our fingers!

Based on what the Dean blurted out during lunch time, I fear that many of us will be waitlisted, if not all. They said 2 weeks since last Monday, so we should hear something later this week. All we can do is cross our fingers!

Yeah, that's what I was thinking until I read previous posts from people applying to Regis who said they got a phone call saying they were accepted 10 days after their interview. So, I'm guessing, if anything, I got waitlisted. We'll see soon enough.

I got a postcard as well. At first I assumed that I got rejected, but I found out from a friend who had an earlier interview date that they send out these nice postcards to everyone they interviewed.

I was shocked too when the dean told us that all the seats are filled. Then another staff there said they still have 25-50? seats available. I guess they already accepted 75 students to fill the class, but not all the students will make the deposit and choose to attend. So yeah I think most of us will be wait listed, unless you did extraordinary that day.

Also, I talked to a P1 student there who told me that he was initially wait listed, and two weeks before class started he got a call from Regis. So don't lose hope yet, even though waiting that long is killer and I have other schools I'm considering.

Good luck to you all.

Yeah, 2 weeks before class starts is a bit nuts for people from out of state. Oh well, if I am waitlisted, I will have less headache considering they don't have a permanent Dean yet and their tuition is 5000 grands/year more expensive than UNE COP. We can just wait to see how it plays out. It seems like many people chose other schools due to the high tuition. I still feel a little iffy about the TBL, if the teachers are just there for supervising the TBL, How would we learn their experience? Is it what is considered for the accreditation process?
:xf::xf::xf: