-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Rejected!
Started by penguinophile
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
No idea when I was processed...just when I was terminated. My AMCAS was complete mid july.dsq said:were you in the group processed on 8/15? I'm expecting my thin envelope any day now...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me too! And yes, I was 8/15.
I got an email from Vanderbilt today saying they are going to send out my rejection letter next week...
I got an rejection email from Duke today 🙁 One down, seven more to wait on!
cadilakgrl said:I got an rejection email from Duke today 🙁 One down, seven more to wait on!
Sorry to hear that cadilakgrl...I'm sure u will receive good news from other schools soon! Mind if I ask when u sent your letters to Duke? Mine were in late Sept. and I think my email is gonna come at anytime now...
My letters were sent out around 9/1..No worries, I have some interviews so I'm not too bummed. Rejections sting though, but I guess it's better than waiting!
I just got a thin Johns Hopkins envelope 🙁 I didn't wanna live in Baltimore anyway *grumble* 

penguinophile said:I just got a thin Johns Hopkins envelope 🙁 I didn't wanna live in Baltimore anyway *grumble*![]()
I have lived in Baltimore, and no, you did not want to live there.
It could be worse. You could be this guy.
penguinophile said:I just got a thin Johns Hopkins envelope 🙁 I didn't wanna live in Baltimore anyway *grumble*![]()
yeah i decided not to apply to hopkins, i know a girl who did her undergrad there and she told me very sternly and plainly, "don't apply there, you will NOT want to go, trust me". She got a 42 on her mcat i think, so i did.
QofQuimica
Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
heh heh, so would you do whatever I told you to do, too? 😉 I'm just teasing you; I decided not to apply to JHU either.SeventhSon said:yeah i decided not to apply to hopkins, i know a girl who did her undergrad there and she told me very sternly and plainly, "don't apply there, you will NOT want to go, trust me". She got a 42 on her mcat i think, so i did.
Penguin, I'm sorry about the rejections. 🙁 Have you interviewed at UAB yet? How did that go?
Thats coming up 1/12 and 1/13. I'm just waiting for Vandy to reject me too :'( Friggin Emory...I hate the career center soooooooo much. I could have a WashU interview right now but NOO, they didn't send the letters until a couple of weeks ago, so I have an MD only...which I will definitely not go to. 👎QofQuimica said:heh heh, so would you do whatever I told you to do, too? 😉 I'm just teasing you; I decided not to apply to JHU either.
Penguin, I'm sorry about the rejections. 🙁 Have you interviewed at UAB yet? How did that go?
SeventhSon said:yeah i decided not to apply to hopkins, i know a girl who did her undergrad there and she told me very sternly and plainly, "don't apply there, you will NOT want to go, trust me". She got a 42 on her mcat i think, so i did.
What's up with bashing Hopkins? I KNOW from personal experinece that the grad students cheat like other folks drink water, but that's a good thing to keep them ranked high, right?
QofQuimica
Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Why? Worst case scenario, you could start out straight MD at Wash U and then ask to transfer into their MD/PhD program after you get there.penguinophile said:Thats coming up 1/12 and 1/13. I'm just waiting for Vandy to reject me too :'( Friggin Emory...I hate the career center soooooooo much. I could have a WashU interview right now but NOO, they didn't send the letters until a couple of weeks ago, so I have an MD only...which I will definitely not go to. 👎
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can't afford it. Money's a biatchQofQuimica said:Why? Worst case scenario, you could start out straight MD at Wash U and then ask to transfer into their MD/PhD program after you get there.
penguinophile said:Can't afford it. Money's a biatch
yeah the washU way of doing MD vs. MD/PhD is beyond me. I have an MD only interview and they told me to schedule it without regarding the MD/PhD. My friend (bluntman) got rejected MSTP there so I assumed I would too but we were complete around the same time and I STILL haven't heard anything, so I'm kind of tearing my hair out, and they wouldn't let me push the interview back more than 5 weeks after the invite. I figure it wouldnt be prudent to decline an interview till i'm holding an acceptance so...
QofQuimica
Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
I think that's a smart way to look at it. Good luck to you, SS.SeventhSon said:I figure it wouldnt be prudent to decline an interview till i'm holding an acceptance so...
I just want to say that granted, Baltimore is not the most awesome city in the world, it does have its perks. Keep in mind that although location is important, it's really the people in your life that make it enjoyable (i.e. your classmates, whom you see every single day). And most importantly, the Hopkins MSTP is amazing. They treat us really well and the education is top-notch. So please don't be hatin'. And please don't make gross generalizations of all Hopkins students. Every school has cheaters, and I assure you few students here, if any, are cheaters.
I think it's one thing to cheat and it occurs at EVER school and everyone knows it. But it's another to cheat then look down your nose at other programs.gwang said:Every school has cheaters, and I assure you few students here, if any, are cheaters.
But you know, I didn't believe it either although I'd heard it around NIH (I never saw any cheating in the public health classes I took) but when a witness says they saw someone taking notes of their undies in the bathroom during a test then going back in to finish it, you figure either that person was cheating or you just saw the world's largest tampon.

In regards to Hopkins, I should also add that it was absolutely amazing to read a paper in Science or JAMA and have the professor who sponsered the research give a lecture in class the next day. And yes, some of the smartest students I'd ever seen in my entire life I met at Hopkins (PCR was a techinue most seemed to have done for a Junior High School Science project).
But running in and out of exams to "go to the bathroom" when the average adult is more than capable of "holding it" for a couple hours is a bit much. What a HUGE turn off this was to see on such a grand scale.
But running in and out of exams to "go to the bathroom" when the average adult is more than capable of "holding it" for a couple hours is a bit much. What a HUGE turn off this was to see on such a grand scale.
Hey guys,
Just wanted to say that if you really wanted UCSF and were rejected pre-secondary, you should appeal it. I did and was just granted a secondary. Doesn't mean I'll get an interview, but if you like the school...
Just wanted to say that if you really wanted UCSF and were rejected pre-secondary, you should appeal it. I did and was just granted a secondary. Doesn't mean I'll get an interview, but if you like the school...
does anyone else feel like getting rejected from a school you've never been to is like whatever 🙄 , but getting rejected from a school that you felt was trying to recruit you during the interview feels like a big bulldozer ran over your ego?
maybe it's just me
maybe it's just me

neoserenity333 said:does anyone else feel like getting rejected from a school you've never been to is like whatever 🙄 , but getting rejected from a school that you felt was trying to recruit you during the interview feels like a big bulldozer ran over your ego?
maybe it's just me![]()
wow yeah. never thought of that. A pre-interview rejection is so faceless and it still hurts, i'm sure the post-interview ones are gonna hurt even more. At the same time I won't be completely surprised, I can't believe I even got interviews at some fo the schools that invited me.
I know what you mean, but the fact is, current students in the program will come to these meet and greet sessions recruiting everyone. We want to make you feel welcome and offer a good perspective of what we think of the program. Unfortunately, they can only accept so many people. Good luck and don't take it as a personal insult. There is a degree of randomness to every step of the process.
neoserenity333 said:does anyone else feel like getting rejected from a school you've never been to is like whatever 🙄 , but getting rejected from a school that you felt was trying to recruit you during the interview feels like a big bulldozer ran over your ego?
maybe it's just me![]()
Similar threads
D
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 3K