SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Rejection Letters Anyone?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by MedPuck, Sep 17, 2001.

1. MedPuck

MedPuck Made 7+ Year Member

Apr 10, 2001
    I noticed that the interview request list is growing rapidly, but with very few exceptions these schools do not seem to be sending out rejection letters. Is everyone on the SDN brilliant or do the schools forward borderline applications to be reviewed later in the cycle? Let us know which schools have sent rejections too.

-University of Nevada (without even applying)

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Aug 7, 2000
    Virginia
    Oh, but of course we all on this list are too brillant to be rejected. :D :D :D :D :D

4. I think most rejections occur during December-->March.....

except for Stanford....they don't even want people's money.....you gotta love them for their honesty :D

PS....Amy...u gots some beautiful teeth ;)

5. Wednesday

Wednesday Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Aug 12, 2001
    I think that schools often do continue reviewing applications that may not have made the first cut for interviews. That's why it's good to get your app in early--more chances.

6. Jamier2

Jamier2 SDN Hillbilly Moderator Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Mar 22, 2001
    Kentucky
    Well, I have already received one rejection (I wonder if that makes me a "reject").

University of Nebraska sent mine out last week. Just too much of a longshot with no real ties and applying out-of-state, I guess.

The upside: Now I only have six schools to wait on. :)

7. MedPuck

MedPuck Made 7+ Year Member

Apr 10, 2001
    Sorry to hear Jamier, but I will have 10 more opportunities to be a "reject" than you, and at least you applied to U. Nebraska. Before going into this process, I figured I would have received many more rejections by now. Thanks everyone for the clarification about the review process. :p