Rejection Thread (If you are depressed, please avoid)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So if you did not receive a call/email on Friday then you are not getting an interveiw invite from URI.... Join my boat!

Members don't see this ad.

Just got mine from Loyola College in Maryland!!!

I was just rejected from NYU-Counseling, post interview. My alma mater, no less. Such a bummer. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected via snail mail by U of Florida today.

Just got this in my email... I guess it is a rejection :(

"I am writing to update you about your application status. Unfortunately, you did not make it to the short list of applicants who are invited to campus. However, our process will not be complete for a few weeks, and we may be developing a waiting list. So please keep us informed of your interest."

Rejected via snail mail by U of Florida today.

I also received my rejection letter from florida today ... how lovely ... i applied to 9 schools and only heard from 2 ... 1 interview 1 rejection ... but its all good - im a georgia bulldagw fan and my family wouldnt be horrified if i went to Florida anyway - so hmph! LOL

I received rejection letters from Texas Tech, the University of Wyoming, and the University of Kentucky.

Just got rejected from South Dakota. Sucks cause I was really into their disaster psychology stream :(

At least I won't be living in the middle of no where...

Just got rejected from South Dakota. Sucks cause I was really into their disaster psychology stream :(

At least I won't be living in the middle of no where...

:D Glad I'm not the only one who rationalizes my rejections away with "well I didn't want to live there anyway" explanations . . .

I recieved an official rejection from UNorth Carolina Chapel Hill Clinical PhD yesterday through regular mail.

Who wants to live in North Carolina anyway?

Well, I mean, I do, but ...

University of Illinois Urbana-Champagne (Developmental)

Was there waiting in my mailbox as I returned from an interview. Good riddance I say :)

:D Glad I'm not the only one who rationalizes my rejections away with "well I didn't want to live there anyway" explanations . . .

I'm with you guys there. I mean, who really wants to live in New York City, anyway? My defense mechanisms are on full blast. Thanks, Freud! :)

I recieved an official rejection from UNorth Carolina Chapel Hill Clinical PhD yesterday through regular mail.

Who wants to live in North Carolina anyway?

Well, I mean, I do, but ...

That's strange...did anybody else get this? I live in the area so if it was sent, it should have come to me the following day. But my roommate got mail yesterday and not me...

Members don't see this ad :)
REJECTED!!!!

Oh well, I received my interview packet the same day as my first official rejection letter...softened the blow some.

That's strange...did anybody else get this? I live in the area so if it was sent, it should have come to me the following day. But my roommate got mail yesterday and not me...

I am virtually positive that I am a UNC reject and I haven't received anything either...at least so far.

Got a rejection letter in the mail from University of MO-St. Louis. They mentioned they are taking 5 students this year!!!

I'm also pretty sure that I was rejected from a few other schools. UCF, Miami, and Florida State have already either had their interviews or is done extending invitations to interviews. I wish they would update their websites more often....instead of saying no decision maybe say "invitations are completed" or "grim possibility" to give us an an idea of what is going on in the interview process ....lol for me, something is better than nothing

Just got my first official rejection from the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs. It isn't fully unexpected, the match just wasn't there for me. However, if you are one of my fellow interviewees and you saw me do something stupid, please tell me, lol. Oh well, what can you do?

Woo hoo! About bloody time--assumed rejection finally turned into official rejection from UMinnesota-Counseling.

Rejected!

I called yesterday and asked if they had finished sending out their interview invites. They said they had, and if I hadn't gotten one then I probably wouldn't. She said rejection letters were currently being compiled for mailing.

As a bonus, the secretary looked up my name and found it on the reject list.

So, if you haven't heard, you probably won't - but if you call they'll tell you for sure!

How did MN - counseling let you know?

I had a change in my online status last night--then I received an email this morning telling me that my status had changed and I needed to check online. Either way, I received notification!

I had a change in my online status last night--then I received an email this morning telling me that my status had changed and I needed to check online. Either way, I received notification!
I'm so nervous..I still haven't heard anything!

I'm so nervous..I still haven't heard anything!

Did you interview? Or just waiting for a rejection? I know they did their interviews a few weeks back, but then they were also sending out rejections around the same time and I hadn't received one yet. So who knows how they're deciding to send them out.

I just got an email notification of my quasi-rejection from Emory.

The letter said that it is unlikely that they will attempt to contact me and suggests that I consider offers from other institutions. It also says that if I have not heard from them by April 1 that they would not be able to admit me to the program (strange wording, but basically they might still call until then).

The letter said that it is unlikely that they will attempt to contact me and suggests that I consider offers from other institutions. It also says that if I have not heard from them by April 1 that they would not be able to admit me to the program (strange wording, but basically they might still call until then).

I got that same e-mail. It looks like it was sent to everyone, including the people that were interviewed, as just a stock e-mail. I read it to say, you're rejected, but in case something goes horribly wrong, we want to leave your application active. But basically rejected.

Did you interview? Or just waiting for a rejection? I know they did their interviews a few weeks back, but then they were also sending out rejections around the same time and I hadn't received one yet. So who knows how they're deciding to send them out.
I'll PM you

Add me to the list of Emory rejects!

Not my top choice, but it's never fun to get denied!

Just got an email rejection from Fordham!

It's for reals. I received an email from the director of clinical training today saying thanks but no thanks. It was a mass form email clearly sent to many others like myself. Damn. The match was good, it wasn't too out of my league, I would have been stellar there. Boy are they missing out! Two officials rejections, two interview offers, and eleven schools left in absolute, total rejection/offer limbo! Blah........

"A decision has been reached regarding your application and is now available!" ex-cla-mation point to let me know to check online for the "decision" - my heart leapt up, don't know why I let it, but, of course, it was a rejection. :thumbdown: bah.

"A decision has been reached regarding your application and is now available!" ex-cla-mation point to let me know to check online for the "decision" - my heart leapt up, don't know why I let it, but, of course, it was a rejection. :thumbdown: bah.

you got an email stating this? weird. did you go into the "apply yourself" website? and if so, where is the decision?

you got an email stating this? weird. did you go into the "apply yourself" website? and if so, where is the decision?

yup, the apply yourself site...there was a little place to click at the bottom of the page when I signed in that said "decision status" and was basically a form letter from their dean saying I hadn't gotten in. ah well.

yup, the apply yourself site...there was a little place to click at the bottom of the page when I signed in that said "decision status" and was basically a form letter from their dean saying I hadn't gotten in. ah well.

sorry, that sucks. i applied there too, but haven't gotten an email yet. but i work at penn - and use penn email. wouldn't it be funny if my rejection email got lost in the upenn vortex?? :laugh:

Has anyone received a rejection or acceptance from U of L?:confused:

Me too.... ah well...

Me too.... ah well...

i wonder if they are going through and updating accounts so not everyone is hearing at the same time? i applied too and haven't gotten an email yet. what do you guys think? i haven't been offered an interview.

upenn reject here too. i realized i never sent in my transcript! doh! lol, oh well.

For you and the others rejected from Emory, make sure those bastards reimburse you for the expenses they claimed they would cover for your trip. Those sob's once stiffed me on my payment. Some other crap went on there for which I should be taking major legal action but I figured they might try to make things unpleasant for me elsewhere. You are all better off somewhere else.

Has anyone received a rejection post-interview? How did they let you know? I have a feeling I'll be rejected, but feel like I deserve more than just a form letter. Right now I just want to know!!!

Has anyone received a rejection post-interview? How did they let you know? I have a feeling I'll be rejected, but feel like I deserve more than just a form letter. Right now I just want to know!!!

Hey i feel the same way. I interviewed at SUNY-Buffalo like 3 weeks ago and i know of someone got an offer last week. So i basically have been rejected (they told of if we were accepted we would hear in the next two weeks) and am wondering how long it will take them to fricken give me the official notice so i can stop hoping for a late offer! They invite accepted people to visit beginning of march so if i dont hear next week im gonna call. No point waiting around. I am gonna call all the schools i havent heard from by march so i can stop this madness!!!!

last year a school didnt officially tell me i was rejected until june. i was like 'gee, thanks, i didnt realize........' is it really that difficult to send a quick email?

When I haven't heard anything within the general time frames given by the schools, I've been calling to find out. Usually whoever is at the front desk can tell you whether admissions decisions have been made, so you don't have to identify yourself. I figure it really can't hurt to call, and it's MUCH better (for me, at least) to know something.

I was wondering if anyone knows how long most schools take to let you know after the interview. I interviewed a couple of weeks ago at Pepperdine U. for their PsyD and haven't heard anything. Anyone heard from them or in the same boat as me? Or, more generally, how long after your interview were you notified?

Perhaps I should assume rejection...

Got my first hard copy rejection in the mail today from University of Denver.

As for post-interview stuff, I interviewed 2 weeks ago at Missouri and I hadn't heard anything, so I e-mailed the person I interviewed with today and she told me she had meant to get back to me earlier in the week, but got stuck up north because of all the bad weather. Anyway, I'm waitlisted, but the reason she didn't tell me earlier is because she hoped I would move off the waitlist, which means I'm close enough to the top to have a chance.

My point is, if you haven't heard, it's possible you're waitlisted and it might not be bad. :) Hang in there!

last year a school didnt officially tell me i was rejected until june. i was like 'gee, thanks, i didnt realize........' is it really that difficult to send a quick email?

I was speaking with a professor the other day who told me that she received a rejection letter halfway into the first semester of the clinical program she opted to go to. Ridiculous!

Got my first hard copy rejection in the mail today from University of Denver.

As for post-interview stuff, I interviewed 2 weeks ago at Missouri and I hadn't heard anything, so I e-mailed the person I interviewed with today and she told me she had meant to get back to me earlier in the week, but got stuck up north because of all the bad weather. Anyway, I'm waitlisted, but the reason she didn't tell me earlier is because she hoped I would move off the waitlist, which means I'm close enough to the top to have a chance.

My point is, if you haven't heard, it's possible you're waitlisted and it might not be bad. :) Hang in there!

Missouri-Columbia? Just wandering--I got waitlisted there a few years back but unfortunately for me, everyone who was initially accepted decided to go there . . . so here I am again! :eek: There are some programs with waitlists that simply do not go anywhere. Of course, you're also assuming that the other applicants have multiple choices, when sometimes they only have the one. I personally wouldn't count on waitlists for the most part. But that's just me.

Missouri-Columbia? Just wandering--I got waitlisted there a few years back but unfortunately for me, everyone who was initially accepted decided to go there . . . so here I am again! :eek: There are some programs with waitlists that simply do not go anywhere. Of course, you're also assuming that the other applicants have multiple choices, when sometimes they only have the one. I personally wouldn't count on waitlists for the most part. But that's just me.

Yes, Missouri-Columbia. My POI sent me a really positive e-mail, so I'm going to piggyback off those positive vibes and be hopeful. It's really early and not that many people have gotten accepted anywhere, much less had their interviews yet.

I was wondering if anyone knows how long most schools take to let you know after the interview. I interviewed a couple of weeks ago at Pepperdine U. for their PsyD and haven't heard anything. Anyone heard from them or in the same boat as me? Or, more generally, how long after your interview were you notified?

Perhaps I should assume rejection...

Pepperdine said they'd be interviewing til the end of the month and final decisions are made in early-mid March. I was told that they all get together when interviews are over and evaluate everything as whole, including your interview.
You can call to check your status at the end of Feb or early March.
Good luck!

Pepperdine said they'd be interviewing til the end of the month and final decisions are made in early-mid March. I was told that they all get together when interviews are over and evaluate everything as whole, including your interview.
You can call to check your status at the end of Feb or early March.
Good luck!

Thank you!!!!!!