Rejections

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejections: Iowa, Louisville, Houston, WVU, Northwestern, Eastern Virgina, Allegheny

12 invites, 7 rejections, 54 applied to.

I feel good about my situation so far. My goal was 12 interviews; Now I have to see if I have what it takes to actually cancel/decline futher interivews.... Maybe 15 is a better number?

Members don't see this ad.

That's 3:D , and 4:( , Mayo is not giving out love today....

I guess I feel pretty good (at least so far). I better knock on some wood. I have 1 rejection (Iowa) to go with my 19 interview invites. But I did cast a wide net. But I suspect that I'm "waitlisted" into that gray zone and will start getting the rejections in batches as programs fill up their interview slots.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been flushed by Northwestern. This is my first rejection. Still, I won't complain. This thread does have a good feel to it though. Rock on.

So writing for input. I think that I have been placed in the perpetual "gray zone." Applied to 20 places, 5 of which are EM/IM. Heard from two of the EM/IM and 7 of the EM, though not a math major means that I have not heard from a total of 11 programs. When I say haven't heard from them this means neither invite nor rejection, which I'm quite uncomfortable with. THEN -- I get the email Friday from an unnamed program which states "you don't have all your s ** t on ERAS thus, if you want an interview you need to get your act together." FYI- all on ERAS (MSPE 11/1) for nearly 1.5 months. So who knows... I'm starting to get nervous though.... :confused:

matt_mt19, I'm right with you. (Knocking on wood as I type this) Still no rejections, but I'm beginning to get rather nervous. I applied to 42 programs (32 EM, 10 EM/IM) and thus far have heard back yes from 15 (7 EM, 8 EM/IM, with some overlap between the two) but I'm starting to freak out :scared: about the other 27 programs. I haven't heard from a lot of the EM programs that I'm particularly interested in, and I'm starting to see their names pop-up on the list in the interviews offered thread. I don't know if timing had anything to do with it as I only got my first batch of EM apps (27 programs) out at the very end of September with a few (5) EM program adds late in October. I really hope to start hearing from these programs soon. This whole limbo bit is in some regards more devastating than the outright rejections (though that may be unfair of me to say as I have no means for comparison)...

You gotta be kidding me with that last post... you have 15 invites, and you're nervous?

2 rejections: Houston & Northwestern

E. Carolina (Brody) yesterday. I'm 2 and 2 now. Only applied to 10 programs. DO too!

Waiting to hear form MUSC, MCG, Arkansas, UAB, Duke and Carolinas Medical Center.

JJ

1st rejection -- Highland (12 interviews, 25 prog applied)

Didnt think I would get an invite here anyway, but im glad they let me know early that I didnt meet there qualifications. Nice rejection letter via email.

Had to happen eventually... :( I guess I didn't really expect to get an interview there, it was more of a pipe dream. Guess I would have needed to rotate there in order to actually get an interview. I would have loved to have been out there in the Bay Area though. Oh well, they were certainly polite enough in their e-mail. It still manages to do a fine job of putting the finishing touches on an otherwise crappy day.

Got my second rejection today: New Mexico :(

New Mexico showin no love..

Members don't see this ad :)
Compiling the rejections over the past couple of days:
UConn, WSU/Sinai-Grace, ECU (Brody), Allegheny, Akron, and finally...dang, Iowa (really wanted that one too). Oh well, applied to a lot of programs and still waiting to hear news from them.

4 invites / 8 rejections so far.

u of CT - my second came today

I have been flushed by Northwestern. This is my first rejection. Still, I won't complain. This thread does have a good feel to it though. Rock on.

NW is my first too...but you know what, I reject them! :p

Rejected from Northwestern.

REJECTED: uconn and palmetto

frustration level increasing-must be my bad scores-don't they even look at clinical stuff-thought a few more programs might AT LEAST want to talk to me, but once they see my scores they must rule me out.

fingers are crossed, but hope is dissipating.

so far 8 invites and 3 rejections (usf, jacksonville, musc).....out of 30 some programs im sure i have more ahead of me.

First rejection...UCSD.

Got a weird rejection from U of Maryland EM/IM today. The title of the email is "interview at U of Maryland" but in the message itself it's clearly a rejection. Isn't that a little unusual?

Maybe they just put the wrong title on there, I don't know.

IM/EM is crazy hard. I am 0/3 right now for EM/IM and 8/3 for EM. Funny, I only applied to EM/IM as a backup because I thought it would be easier than straight EM.

My first rejection U. Utah! Wow, really surprised me considering I have almost 30 interviews including some of the top programs in the nation. I'm hoping they just felt I was out of their league. Ha ha.

Got a weird rejection from U of Maryland EM/IM today. The title of the email is "interview at U of Maryland" but in the message itself it's clearly a rejection. Isn't that a little unusual?

Maybe they just put the wrong title on there, I don't know.

IM/EM is crazy hard. I am 0/3 right now for EM/IM and 8/3 for EM. Funny, I only applied to EM/IM as a backup because I thought it would be easier than straight EM.

Roadie,

That sounds really weird. I would definitely call or email them to clarify that.

Roadie,

That sounds really weird. I would definitely call or email them to clarify that.

Yeah, I was thinking the same...what if they copied the wrong message and had the correct title???

I have gotten a deluge of west coast rejection especially in CA. I'm terribly afraid of scrambling. Anybody in the same boat?

Utah yesterday and jacksonville

My first rejection U. Utah! Wow, really surprised me considering I have almost 30 interviews including some of the top programs in the nation. I'm hoping they just felt I was out of their league. Ha ha.

That's just not nice. Stop gloating.

IbnSina, I think we're application twins. You're doing a bit better than I am, but we're not far apart! I'm at 10/2 now. Good luck to you!

IbnSina, I think we're application twins. You're doing a bit better than I am, but we're not far apart! I'm at 10/2 now. Good luck to you!

Good luck to you too. Maybe I'll run into you during my Carolina tour.

And a rejection from BID today. I'm 1/2 today, for a total of 11/3.

I haven't heard from them since I got the email/written letter saying that they've received my application.

A second rejection... got BIDMC today as well. Only 22 more programs left to hear from.

Got my second as well, from BIDMC too. 20/2 now so I'm not complaining, but I only have one more shot at Boston...

solidarity for BIDMC rejection! nice to know we are not alone.

:)

Joining the BIDMC rejection club!

why not add another to the list...no love from BIDMC for me:).

U Pitt and Indiana today.

Adding another one to the list... that's 3 and (I can only anticipate) climbing

I got the pitchfork in the hind quarters from Duke as well.