Relevancy of PM News

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
20 seconds after I posted above, PM News showed up in my inbox. Its a sign #SOTD
1671656342671.png

Members don't see this ad.

F2FADC01-1801-4C58-9DAB-7FF6E3F402A5.jpeg

This is peak PM News. Do charity care if you want to, or don’t. Don’t ask other patients to put money in your pocket while you feel magnanimous for helping non-covered patients.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
View attachment 364141
This is peak PM News. Do charity care if you want to, or don’t. Don’t ask other patients to put money in your pocket while you feel magnanimous for helping non-covered patients.
I think its modeled after the chiropractic "pay what you want" businesses that are out there. One guy in my hometown just had a lockbox you put cash into.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
It’s gonna be OK yall, a D list publication referenced a C list publication to comfort us with knowing we are ranked as the #13 best paying job.

Just don’t look at the actual article itself to see CRNA ranked 5 spots ahead of us 🫣

BEE18A8E-9D7B-4C3B-9CDB-100F3EC4531F.jpeg

1. Richard Simmons =
1673909342356.png

2. About-Us
All patients seen by Dr. Richard A. Simmons must be under the active care of either a medical doctor (M.D.) or osteopathic physician (D.O.) which includes active care provided by a licensed nurse practitioner or physician's assistant. Any treatment which requires comprehensive medical care will be referred to the primary care physician.

So.... MD>DO>NP/PA>>>>>>>>>>>>>DPM

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
1674051783012.png

Did anyone grow up watching Mr. Rogers? It always bothered me that when he came home at the start of the show, he would take off one pair of shoes and then put on a different pair of shoes. He had indoor and outdoor shoes. Go ahead, watch the intro sequence. Dr. Weissman approves.

The original question was the relevance of BM News (that is not a typo). The simple answer is that it is 100% irrelevant.

It’s an embarrassment to the profession. Loser after loser posting on that site. One particular loser actually once wrote in asking what type of car he should buy or lease.

It’s full of fluff and information that simply makes us look like buffoons. But I have to give the editor credit. He’s making money off of the fools who advertise, etc., and here is a guy with a DPM degree but never practiced one day and a law degree and never practiced one day. Instead he publishes this embarrassing rag that steps our progress back 40 years.

Cute shoe pictures. Ugh.

Reactions: 6 users
Instead he publishes this embarrassing rag that steps our progress back 40 years.

I mean, I get the sentiment here. But this is a lot like Feli’s overblowing of the surgery CAQ by ABPM. As if either of those things affect the profession negatively at all. Literally nobody other than some podiatrists care about them, or know that they exist. PMnews does nothing to set the profession back, or embarrass the profession to anyone other than podiatrists who read it.

Yes, PMnews is embarrassing. If the day comes where a physician or patient mocks me about the latest flip flop article in PMnews then I will retract this post and take up the crusade to eliminate PMnews

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
I mean, I get the sentiment here. But this is a lot like Feli’s overblowing of the surgery CAQ by ABPM. As if either of those things affect the profession negatively at all. Literally nobody other than some podiatrists care about them, or know that they exist. PMnews does nothing to set the profession back, or embarrass the profession to anyone other than podiatrists who read it.

Yes, PMnews is embarrassing. If the day comes where a physician or patient mocks me about the latest flip flop article in PMnews then I will retract this post and take up the crusade to eliminate PMnews
I disagree. Many other than DPMs view the site. I’ve had reps who read it who use the word pathetic.

I disagree. Many other than DPMs view the site. I’ve had reps who read it who use the word pathetic.

You mean the people who have no influence or control over anything that happens to any of us professionally, stumbled upon Podiatry Management? The same people who literally don’t even work in the same field or for the same company after a few years because sales is sales and turnover is the norm?

How about this, who here has been passed over for a job or lost revenue or lost patients or not gotten privileges because of PMnews articles/letters/questions? Anybody?

You mean the people who have no influence or control over anything that happens to any of us professionally, stumbled upon Podiatry Management? The same people who literally don’t even work in the same field or for the same company after a few years because sales is sales and turnover is the norm?

How about this, who here has been passed over for a job or lost revenue or lost patients or not gotten privileges because of PMnews articles/letters/questions? Anybody?
You’re missing my point. I never intimated that it will impact a job opportunity or impact our reimbursement. It’s simply an embarrassment when you read the garbage in there.

And they also have a publication that reprints all those idiotic questions. It has no redeeming qualities and really is a waste.

And I actually know someone who DID lose a job over one of the law suit cases that was published on that site. The person involved was eventually dismissed from the case and found to be 100% not involved with the accusations.

But someone in his company (a non DPM) saw the article, reported it to HR and he was gone. It was pre trial.

I don’t want to get into the legal aspects of his firing pre trial, but it happened.

I’m not about to get into a pissing match about this issue. Nothing that is embarrassing to our profession is benign.

Remember, we're the ones discussing Barry Block; Barry Block is not discussing us

It still fills me with mirth, however, when he demonstrates that, yes, there is such a thing as a stupid question

Remember, we're the ones discussing Barry Block; Barry Block is not discussing us

It still fills me with mirth, however, when he demonstrates that, yes, there is such a thing as a stupid question
1674147601731.jpeg

• Haha
1674233861584.png

We can't argue with the AI can we?

• Haha
Even AI knows this is a busted field with "limited positions" and "long hours."

Glad it knows though that we go through all this training to do "minor surgery and orthotics"

1674250371250.png

Guess AI likes F&A ortho doing bigger cases like arthroscopy, working less hours, not being in a high stress environment...

I like to think Bill Hader was aware of what PMNews was when he made Barry.

Died laughing watching this scene with some non-pod friends and they all looked at me weird. After explaining why it was so funny they continued to look at me weird. Then I went home and questioned my life choices.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
1674828229446.png

You didn't read this on PM News. But you could have!

1675343027698.png

Break out the tin hats....

50 anecdotal scripts with no side effects seems like the perfect start for a JAPMA article

Reactions: 3 users

He must've missed this one

View attachment 365443

50 anecdotal scripts with no side effects seems like the perfect start for a JAPMA article
Maybe he's crushing the pills up and injecting into the foot to comply with his scope of practice? "I told them to report to me any side-effects" - that's not how it works... he's required to tell THEM the possible side effects and actual FDA treatments. It's like he's running his own medical trials. Hopefully his license goes the way of this doctor Grand Junction doctor disciplined for prescribing Ivermectin as COVID-19 treatment

Reactions: 1 users
Here’s the reason to go to his office. This is directly from his website. I’m still laughing that he actually provides the cost of these cootie killing lights. You couldn’t make this stuff up if you tried.

Covid-19 and Naples
Podiatry Center We at Naples Podiatry Center have in our A/C system TWO type C Ultraviolet lights for your protection. They are part of the Lennox Corporation "Healthy Climate" System that we have had for over 20 years installed both in the intake and outflow sections of the A/C system. These lights are expensive ($200 each) and they only last two years. They kill germs and viruses in any air that passes near them--which is virtually all the air that patients and staff breathe.

• Sad

Pathetic. He should in some hydroxychloroquine while he’s at it. Worse than laser nail treatments and other non-evidence based medicine because he’s prescribing outside his scope. Even more embarrassing that he’s advertising it on a public forum.

I saw it on PM News first.

I wonder how this impacts the job opening they had.

I saw it on PM News first.

I wonder how this impacts the job opening they had.
I remember rotating under this guy at Phoenix as a student. Really nice guy, and came across as a family man. He came into podiatry late with a bunch of kids. I guess greed gets to people.

I remember rotating under this guy at Phoenix as a student. Really nice guy, and came across as a family man. He came into podiatry late with a bunch of kids. I guess greed gets to people.
Hey they’re hiring associates if anyone is looking!

• Hmm
I don't think you are the only person to say this ie. concerning him being a nice guy. I think a lot of people end up wishing the profession was something more - that others made it big, that they deserve a bigger share of what they are touching. Having recently had the opportunity to see some of my IPAs historic rates through time its interesting to me to see how reimbursement changes, evolves etc and its modified my perspective of what I'll have to do in the future.

I had a laugh at this one. Why is a license podiatrist even spending time writing this question in? Does he really not know how to treat plantar fasciitis? Is he being sarcastic? So many questions…

Taken in context, he was replying to the following quote:

Stretching is the best way to treat plantar fasciitis. Any stretches performed should involve the Achilles tendon and calf muscles. This will allow the patient to gain more flexibility in the back of the lower leg and alleviate plantar fasciitis pain since they all work together," says Dr. Tarr.

I think he was challenging Dr. Tarr's statement.

I can not believe they omitted the cure for everything. BIOFREEZE.

• Haha
Honestly though.... do any of them actually stretch? Or get better if they do?
Personally I think Sketchers shoes are more of a cause of P fasciitis than equinus.
90% of my p fasciitis patients wear sketchers.

Taken in context, he was replying to the following quote:

Stretching is the best way to treat plantar fasciitis. Any stretches performed should involve the Achilles tendon and calf muscles. This will allow the patient to gain more flexibility in the back of the lower leg and alleviate plantar fasciitis pain since they all work together," says Dr. Tarr.

I think he was challenging Dr. Tarr's statement.
It's accurate, right? I mean get off your caboose and stretch out your ankles and it goes away, right? Otherwise why does surgical release work, right?

It's accurate, right? I mean get off your caboose and stretch out your ankles and it goes away, right? Otherwise why does surgical release work, right?
Ive had topaz work wonders. Gastroc release not so much.