removed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

biryanisquish

Reaction score
removed

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Not trying to feed into the insanity that is being a premed here, but the answer is yeah, you should study for it. You're still premed. You should be grinding your butt off until you get that first acceptance.

Now, this is assuming all your ducks are in a row otherwise. If you're really struggling in a different class or something by all means be efficient. But if you just want to chill.... I'd advise studying.

At the same time, don't do nothing but study. If you're doing nothing but work, don't have friends, etc, go get a life and then study with the time you have left.

Reactions: 2 users
Hello everyone,

Just got back my ochem1 exam back, and it looks like I'll be ending the class with a very high B (not a B+ though). So, I was going to ask for your guys' advice on whether or not I should take the final? We have 3 midterms and 1 final, and our lowest grade is dropped. In order for me to get an A- in the course I have the get a 95 which is just not possible since the average on the midterms have been around ~60. ...
I presume you can calculate your odds. It's like placing the bet on Final Jeopardy! You'd know better than us. :)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone,

Just got back my ochem1 exam back, and it looks like I'll be ending the class with a very high B (not a B+ though). So, I was going to ask for your guys' advice on whether or not I should take the final? We have 3 midterms and 1 final, and our lowest grade is dropped. In order for me to get an A- in the course I have the get a 95 which is just not possible since the average on the midterms have been around ~60.
I wouldn't say it's impossible, I would say you haven't figured out how to successfully do it yet.

I was in a similar position in orgo, I needed something like a 93 to get a B+ after struggling on the first 3 exams (taking orgo1/2 and the labs back to back in the summer was not the most fun i've ever had). I studied my ass off and managed to get exactly the 93 I needed. It came up in almost every interview I had when asked to talk about what I was most proud of in my college career, and I brought up how hard I had to work to achieve that grade even though it was one of my very few non A's (in my second attempt at college ;)). That story was well received every time I told it (and even better, I actually meant it).

Reactions: 1 user
In order for me to get an A- in the course I have the get a 95 which is just not possible since the average on the midterms have been around ~60.
Lots of other good advice in here, but I wanted to particularly highlight this. It may be not possible based on your track record, but the average being ~60 and people still scoring 95 is not at all uncommon, especially in challenging science classes.

Increasingly over the last decade class performance in my organic chemistry and biochemistry classes is bimodal (or sometimes even trimodal), with a subset of students consistently getting high As on every exam and another (larger) subset hovering in the C/D range and pulling the average down.