removed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jamilla_w

removed

Members don't see this ad.

The A- is fine. It's a great grade, just stick with it.

aww, is the wittle twoll hungwy?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you seriously asking this question? I never understand the mentality that an A- may hurt an application.

I'm getting an A+, should I retake it? Please, I just don't want people to think I'm stupid or something...

Dude, A- is great. Why would you retake that?>

jamilla_w said:
If it were any other class, I would agree. But maybe I wasn't clear based on the responses I am getting.

This is like the 1st Bio class people in the major take. And I have taken it before. I am just worried that it will look bad that I am not completely acing it because of the hard curve.

These just get funnier every time.....a tip of the hat to your humor.
Drop med school, become a stand-up :sleep: :sleep:

perhaps you should audit it this semester and then try again next time around.

I hear, Third time's a charm!

Seriously, though, an A- is fine.

Hey,

You asked for people's opinion and they gave it to you.
That having been said, there are a ton of gunners on this site who probably would drop a class if it would hurt their 4.0. I don't think you are like that, but it may have come off that way to myself and others. SDN has a lot of good people that help each other through tough situations and help other get good advice. There is always someone who has "been there, done that."

I know you are taking the course over again, as you mentioned, it has been five years since you last graduated, so it has probably been about 8yrs since you have seen the material. I don't think anyone would be surprised if you were not performing to your abilities. However, you do have an A- in the course at this time, and I think you know you can improve. So I think it would be foolhardy to drop the course when you will most likely get an A- or an A.

Good luck!

Dave

jklasser17 said:
Hey,

You asked for people's opinion and they gave it to you.
That having been said, there are a ton of gunners on this site who probably would drop a class if it would hurt their 4.0. I don't think you are like that, but it may have come off that way to myself and others. SDN has a lot of good people that help each other through tough situations and help other get good advice. There is always someone who has "been there, done that."

I know you are taking the course over again, as you mentioned, it has been five years since you last graduated, so it has probably been about 8yrs since you have seen the material. I don't think anyone would be surprised if you were not performing to your abilities. However, you do have an A- in the course at this time, and I think you know you can improve. So I think it would be foolhardy to drop the course when you will most likely get an A- or an A.

Good luck!

Dave

If you retake a class you are expected to get an A. I think an A- in an intro class means problems are probably ahead unless she retakes all the intro classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.