Repeat MCAT Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

computergirl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I just got my August MCAT scores back. This is my second time taking it (1 year between tests). I was surprised that I got the same exact score on every section (including the writing) after a year of studying.

I was wondering if anyone else had the same experience of getting the same exact section scores on a repeat MCAT exam. Please post and let me know. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

If you did your best this time then it is your upper limit. If you studied the same amount as last time then you should have known better.

All in all, classes and the MCAT are not worth repeating unless you put 100% into it.

computergirl said:
Hi Everyone,

I just got my August MCAT scores back. This is my second time taking it (1 year between tests). I was surprised that I got the same exact score on every section (including the writing) after a year of studying.

I was wondering if anyone else had the same experience of getting the same exact section scores on a repeat MCAT exam. Please post and let me know. Thank you.

All that I know is that the MCAT must really be a test of your raw ability. Because I took the MCAT twice - one was this August with a year in between, and I scored the EXACT same in PS and VR. :eek: Weird, huh? I had even taken a Kaplan DAT review course (teaches BIO, OChem, GChem, just not Physics) - I thought it would help (I was taking the DAT in August also, so I couldn't take an MCAT AND DAT review at the same time).

If you scored the same, then you probably did something similar to what got you your FIRST score. It IS possible to improve greatly, but you must change the way in which you approach it. Get new books, get a new perspective. If you focused on brute memorization, try working on deeper understanding of concepts; that way you can derive solutions without having to memorize everything. Try EXAMKRACKERS for their focused study and "funneled" approach. I find it hard to believe that your first score represents the "upper limit" of your abilities. You don't have to be a genius to score well (obviously not, because I scored well!) but you DO have to invest a LOT of effort into doing so. Look at it this way: doing well just ONCE can be your saving grace and ticket in, given that the rest of your app. is sound. Think about how well you want to do on this test, and then go and get it. Doing less than your greatest effort will get you average results or worse on this test. Good luck!