SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Repeating one course multiple times

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by iluvboba, Dec 1, 2017.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. iluvboba

iluvboba

Dec 1, 2017
    How bad does it look if I repeated one course multiple times

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. stoichiometrist

stoichiometrist 5+ Year Member

Aug 2, 2011
    They'll still accept you if you qualify for $200k+ in student loans.

4. Igra

Igra

Jul 16, 2017
    I have noticed that you love to post this in any thread you can. Is this your personal work to drive people out of the pharmacy field? Did you take out 200k in student loans? My estimated costs for pharmacy school are insanely low, not to mention that I've saved up a good amount to probably only need 30-50k in loans.

5. Amicable Angora

Amicable Angora Lagomorpha 5+ Year Member

Oct 5, 2012
    To answer for Stoichiometrist, he never said they wouldn’t take you if you could pay without taking a big loan so you’re in luck!

6. Igra

Igra

Jul 16, 2017
    I've just seen this same generic line in many of his posts in other random threads and it's literally the worst and most inaccurate argument to make to 'scare' people out of the pharmacy field. I mean good for him for trying to do his part to 'make pharmacy great again' but we can do without the fake news right?

7. stoichiometrist

stoichiometrist 5+ Year Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Except that it's not fake news at all. The doubling of yearly graduates within the last 10-15 years and consolidation has eroded the job market that has yet to get much worse. Salaries decreasing and rising tuition will further lower the qualify of life of pharmacists.

Amicable Angora likes this.
  8. Gombrich12

Gombrich12 2+ Year Member

Dec 4, 2013
    200k is the average amount of loans that pharmacy students take out at private schools, thats why stoichiometrist keeps saying it. The total debt is actually higher due to accrued interest and loans from previous degrees or courses.

9. Igra

Igra

Jul 16, 2017
    Except your #1 goto comment has nothing to do with job market, it's about 200k+ debt which is just ridiculous. At least focus on the job market instead of pretending you know what someones financial situation will be like.

10. Igra

Igra

Jul 16, 2017
    Yeah, and that only applies to about 1 in 4 students actually going to private versus public college, which is of course considerably less expensive.

11. ShanPharm27

ShanPharm27

Dec 3, 2017
    It doesn't look bad if you repeat a course! It just shows that you have the determination to get where you want to be and thats what schools like. I'm in the same boat with calc. right now. I know I'm going to have to retake it again, but as long as a do better, it's okay.