Repeating one course multiple times

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iluvboba

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
How bad does it look if I repeated one course multiple times

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
They'll still accept you if you qualify for $200k+ in student loans.

They'll still accept you if you qualify for $200k+ in student loans.

I have noticed that you love to post this in any thread you can. Is this your personal work to drive people out of the pharmacy field? Did you take out 200k in student loans? My estimated costs for pharmacy school are insanely low, not to mention that I've saved up a good amount to probably only need 30-50k in loans.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have noticed that you love to post this in any thread you can. Is this your personal work to drive people out of the pharmacy field? Did you take out 200k in student loans? My estimated costs for pharmacy school are insanely low, not to mention that I've saved up a good amount to probably only need 30-50k in loans.

To answer for Stoichiometrist, he never said they wouldn’t take you if you could pay without taking a big loan so you’re in luck!

To answer for Stoichiometrist, he never said they wouldn’t take you if you could pay without taking a big loan so you’re in luck!

I've just seen this same generic line in many of his posts in other random threads and it's literally the worst and most inaccurate argument to make to 'scare' people out of the pharmacy field. I mean good for him for trying to do his part to 'make pharmacy great again' but we can do without the fake news right?

I've just seen this same generic line in many of his posts in other random threads and it's literally the worst and most inaccurate argument to make to 'scare' people out of the pharmacy field. I mean good for him for trying to do his part to 'make pharmacy great again' but we can do without the fake news right?

Except that it's not fake news at all. The doubling of yearly graduates within the last 10-15 years and consolidation has eroded the job market that has yet to get much worse. Salaries decreasing and rising tuition will further lower the qualify of life of pharmacists.

Reactions: 1 user

200k is the average amount of loans that pharmacy students take out at private schools, thats why stoichiometrist keeps saying it. The total debt is actually higher due to accrued interest and loans from previous degrees or courses.

Except that it's not fake news at all. The doubling of yearly graduates within the last 10-15 years and consolidation has eroded the job market that has yet to get much worse. Salaries decreasing and rising tuition will further lower the qualify of life of pharmacists.

Except your #1 goto comment has nothing to do with job market, it's about 200k+ debt which is just ridiculous. At least focus on the job market instead of pretending you know what someones financial situation will be like.

200k is the average amount of loans that pharmacy students take out at private schools, thats why stoichiometrist keeps saying it. The total debt is actually higher due to accrued interest and loans from previous degrees or courses.
Yeah, and that only applies to about 1 in 4 students actually going to private versus public college, which is of course considerably less expensive.

It doesn't look bad if you repeat a course! It just shows that you have the determination to get where you want to be and thats what schools like. I'm in the same boat with calc. right now. I know I'm going to have to retake it again, but as long as a do better, it's okay.