replying to interview invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kinzy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is probably a silly question with an obvious answer but just wanted to clarify...the inbox in myEras recieves messages that also go to my email account. In an invite I got yesterday, it says to reply to the email (but the email is a "noreply@.." email address) so I just replied through the myEras system. Is that fine - like will the program still get my message? I was confused because the email said the best way to contact the program with questions is with a specific email address that they listed but the email itself also said to reply to the email to schedule a date. Just wanted to make sure that by me replying through the myEras portal, it is a way that programs will still see my reply? I replied yesterday and haven't heard back yet, and I'm not sure what is normal in terms of reply times for interview confirmations which is why I wanted to check :)

Members don't see this ad.

Personally if they give someone's email address to reply to I'm sending my email directly to that person. My bet is that they turn off the email notifications from ERAS because they would get way too many, and then only log on ERAS at random times throughout the day.

Last edited:
Hi,
I used both (ERAS & email address provided). Still, did not get a response. I think that they send a bunch of interviews at the same time and try to schedule them (considering people preferences and availability) before sending any communication.

Hi,
I used both (ERAS & email address provided). Still, did not get a response. I think that they send a bunch of interviews at the same time and try to schedule them (considering people preferences and availability) before sending any communication.

Give the program a few days/week. If it is a large program and they received a gazillion responses, they will sort through and create a schedule that will meet everyone's needs or as close to everyone's needs.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but if given the option of calling back or emailing to schedule an interview, is one better than the other?

Sorry to hijack the thread, but if given the option of calling back or emailing to schedule an interview, is one better than the other?
I would imagine email would be easier. Would stink to get 30+ phone calls almost instantly

I would imagine email would be easier. Would stink to get 30+ phone calls almost instantly

That's what I thought + I'm on a rotation so I don't have time to try calling until I manage to get through, but a couple of my classmates thought it might be better to call (when presented with the option) because they'll schedule phone calls and THEN go through the emails? Made me a little paranoid...

I always had better luck calling to schedule instead of e-mailing. But, if you are on a rotation where you can't call, then shooting off a quick e-mail would be better than waiting several hours to call.

Reactions: 1 user
Agree--call when possible. If the coordinator picks up the phone then you can immediately schedule your preferred time slot. If there's no answer, then send the coordinator an e-mail or call back in 10 minutes or so.

Hi guys. I received an interview from an IM program through interview broker. Was wondering if it is appropriate to email the PD with a thank you for the interview on his email shown on the program's website? The interview broker link only allows us to choose the interview date, but we can't reply through that email.

Hi guys. I received an interview from an IM program through interview broker. Was wondering if it is appropriate to email the PD with a thank you for the interview on his email shown on the program's website? The interview broker link only allows us to choose the interview date, but we can't reply through that email.

I don't think this is necessary. After the interview thank yous are up to you but if they just sent an interview broker link you don't need to send one for that.

For reference: I matched at a place that used interview broker and didn't send a thank you

I don't think this is necessary. After the interview thank yous are up to you but if they just sent an interview broker link you don't need to send one for that.

For reference: I matched at a place that used interview broker and didn't send a thank you

Agreed. The programs that utilize Interview Broker (or similar programs) are generally doing so at least in part to reduce the number of phone calls/emails from applicants.

Reactions: 1 users