This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goliverpool

Reaction score
Rather new to this forum so I apologize if I mess this whole thread deal up. My question is pretty much as the title explains. The current uni I study and do research at is located in my hometown so I’ve never had a chance to venture out far. After a recent vacation I realize this was a mistake and plan on applying to research/ intern positions elsewhere. Would this be worth my time or will I end up in rejection. Any recommendations and/ or criticism gladly accepted.
My stats (shortened):
cGPA: 4.0/4.0
Major: Bioengineering
Year: 3/5
Research Experience: 1.5 years

Members don't see this ad.

Longitudinal research is great, so if you're happy with your work and think that continuing in the group will be productive, you don't need to look elsewhere. That being said, you probably have a good chance getting into a REU with your experience and GPA. The most ideal situation might be to do a summer research experience and then bring back those skills back home and apply them to your current gig. Look into these programs early and contact potential PIs.

Reactions: 1 user