Research before applying?

Started by RachMD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RachMD

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a MS1 planning on pursuing radiology. I was curious how many of you have been published in radiology or related research fields. What year did you do your research? I am getting mixed advice about the importance of being published or involved in research.
Thank you for any advice/info
 
Research is definately a good thing, and if you start building a rapport with your school's program director starting from MS1, that can do nothing but help you.

However, you should focus mainly on getting good grades in your basic science classes.