This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

C-swirl

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,

I applied for pathology this cycle and found out I didn’t match today. I had some red flags on my application like failed rotations and LOAs while I did soul searching. Anyways I graduated from a DO school in December so I’m sick of vacation by now and want to go back to work.
I applied through SOAP for the vacant pathology categorical residencies as well as IM prelim and transitional years. even if I do get a prelim year I will 100% be applying for path again next year. My question is assuming I don’t match a prelim year or anything, how do I find a Quality research position? Hopefully I can get a publication out of it. Also, Looking for one that pays too. What else can I do to increase my odds of landing a pathology spot next year?