zubirix2k

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2004
Michigan
Status (Visible)
I don't know to what extent the following issues have been adressed but I have some questions after reading the already existing answers to posts.

1) In the ARMY or NAVY HPSP program, if you get matched in both the civilian and military process, do you get to choose which one of the residency programs you attend?

2) When you are about to start payback...how much is your request to get stationed in one location or another concidered? In both the ARMY and NAVY.

3) Does the NAVY have the same amount of residency opportunities as the ARMY?

4) Where can I go on the internet to find out all the possible places that an ARMY and NAVY physician can be stationed during payback.

Again, if I am asking questions that have already been answered, I am sorry and can you please direct me to where those answers are. Thank you very much for taking the time to respond to my post.

Homunculus

SDN Caveman Administrator
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2000
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Originally posted by zubirix2k
I don't know to what extent the following issues have been adressed but I have some questions after reading the already existing answers to posts.

1) In the ARMY or NAVY HPSP program, if you get matched in both the civilian and military process, do you get to choose which one of the residency programs you attend?

2) When you are about to start payback...how much is your request to get stationed in one location or another concidered? In both the ARMY and NAVY.

3) Does the NAVY have the same amount of residency opportunities as the ARMY?

4) Where can I go on the internet to find out all the possible places that an ARMY and NAVY physician can be stationed during payback.

Again, if I am asking questions that have already been answered, I am sorry and can you please direct me to where those answers are. Thank you very much for taking the time to respond to my post.

1) no. if you match military, you are obligated to them. the military match is in december, so you find out beforehand if you need to withdraw from the civilian match.

2) no idea. i know you turn in a preference list, but how closely they follow it is probably very case dependent. some people probably get one of their top choices, others (like militarymd) probably get below their last. ;)

3) No. the Army has the largst Graduate Medical Education program of the three services.

4) again, it depends on the specialty. FP will have more bases to choose from than something like CT Surgery. hopefully someone else can input some info here.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.