Residency App with Prior (x2) arrests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So what you are saying is, " If its not happening to me, then it is not happening!"
http://www.jpands.org/vol16no3/schlafly.pdf
The Role of State Medical Boards
I like the way these two clowns from the FSMB define unprofessional conduct as
failure to meet CME requirements
Felony conviction
physical abuse of patient
dishonesty..
oh yea as if all those above are the same..

CLOWNS!!
No what I'm saying is that since I am not a resident of, say, Iowa, then what the Iowa board does isn't my business in the same way that California's high taxes aren't my business since I don't live there.

If your state's board is, to your mind, unfair in some way then you have a few options. Change the laws by lobbying your legislature. Change the board by getting appointed and working to change the rules from the inside. Leave the state - if enough physicians do that for that reason, the board will change.

As for the article you've quoted, I don't see where they said all of those are the same. They are merely all in the same category of "unprofessional conduct" much like running a red light and murdering someone are both in the category of "against the law" but putting them in that same category does not imply any other equivalence.

Members don't see this ad.

No what I'm saying is that since I am not a resident of, say, Iowa, then what the Iowa board does isn't my business in the same way that California's high taxes aren't my business since I don't live there.

If your state's board is, to your mind, unfair in some way then you have a few options. Change the laws by lobbying your legislature. Change the board by getting appointed and working to change the rules from the inside. Leave the state - if enough physicians do that for that reason, the board will change.

As for the article you've quoted, I don't see where they said all of those are the same. They are merely all in the same category of "unprofessional conduct" much like running a red light and murdering someone are both in the category of "against the law" but putting them in that same category does not imply any other equivalence.
Malfeasance in a remote state is "MY BUSINESS".
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly." MLK jr

Aren't you a fan of Martin Luther King JR?

Malfeasance in a remote state is "MY BUSINESS".
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly." MLK jr

Aren't you a fan of Martin Luther King JR?

lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Please keep all replies on topic and professional. Warnings were handed out for derailing the thread and unprofessional conduct.

In medicine, we are pretty much all self-policed.

Integrity is the most important attribute in our field. There are so many reasons why. If that isn't self evident, I don't want you in medicine.

Reactions: 2 users