Residency Interview Invites 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
On-campus invite to Florida Hosptial Orlando 1/23:)

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard from Ralph H Johnson VA in Charleston?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Got a rejection email from Aurora Health Care Metro, Inc. in Milwaukee today.

Has anyone heard from these SoCal programs?

Fountain Valley
Hoag Memorial
Kaisers (Panorama; West LA, Orange County)
Glendale Adventist

Hoag called 1/19. Nothing from Glendale Adventist and didn't apply to the other two.

Members don't see this ad :)
It was PGY2 oncology

edit: I think you are asking what program not what specialty. It was University of Colorado

dang you seemed to have gotten interviews to everywhere you applied. your CV must be excellent. congrats!

I applied to St. Anthony also and have not heard, and I know someone else that applied to St. Joseph and Pre/St. Luke's that haven't heard from those either. Hopefully there are still reviewing.
Thanks for the update! I'll cross my fingers for us all.

Got a rejection email from Aurora Health Care Metro, Inc. in Milwaukee today.
I heard a rejection almost a week ago from the same program. I wonder if they hold on to stronger applications (like yours) until the last minute so they can draw from that pool of applicants if they don't find good people in the first round of interviews

Anybody hear from:

Brigham and women's Boston
Bay state medical center
New York Methodist

Would it be pretty accurate to say that if you don't receive an interview invite by the end of January, they will be rejections? I don't know if anyone can offer any insight from past years.

Adding to the previous question ... is anyone aware of how Phase 2 of the match works? Do we need to submit new LOIs? It's an extremely short time frame before the beginning of phase 2 and the submission deadline for Phase 2 rank order lists so I'm curious as to what the requirements are for application the second time around

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile

I've only heard from 3 out of the 11 I applied to. Seems like California is a couple weeks behind schedule of many other states. Which programs did you apply to?
Glendale Adventist, Kaiser (Panorama, Fontana), VA San Diego, PIH, Providence Little Company of Mary, and Kindred.

Adding to the previous question ... is anyone aware of how Phase 2 of the match works? Do we need to submit new LOIs? It's an extremely short time frame before the beginning of phase 2 and the submission deadline for Phase 2 rank order lists so I'm curious as to what the requirements are for application the second time around

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile

My understanding is that it's a scramble and that we need new LoR's, new LoI's, and have to get everything submitted ASAP so that the Phase 2 Match institutions can schedule interviews as quickly as possible.

My understanding is that it's a scramble and that we need new LoR's, new LoI's, and have to get everything submitted ASAP so that the Phase 2 Match institutions can schedule interviews as quickly as possible.
UGH o_Oo_O ... OK. That does not sound appealing at all.

UGH o_Oo_O ... OK. That does not sound appealing at all.
No but we must do what we must do to do what we want to do.

Just let your LoR writers know what's going on so that they can be ready at a moments notice that you may need them to write some emergency LoRs for programs in Phase 2.

Just let your LoR writers know what's going on so that they can be ready at a moments notice that you may need them to write some emergency LoRs for programs in Phase 2.

I was under the impression we could still access our current LoR to submit for phase 2. Question for PhorCAS...

Has anyone heard from these locations?

South Texas VA (San Antonio)
Harris Health System (Houston)
Memorial Hermann SW (Houston)
Memorial Hermann Hospital System (Houston)
Houston Methodist
University of Texas Medical Branch- UTMB (Galveston)
University Health System (San Antonio)

Are we not allowed to use our initial LoRs? Mine were not written program specific (they were PGY-1/general pharmacy residency specific but not per each institution)

I was under the impression we could still access our current LoR to submit for phase 2. Question for PhorCAS...

Are we not allowed to use our initial LoRs? Mine were not written program specific (they were PGY-1/general pharmacy residency specific but not per each institution)

It would probably look better if you had LoRs that were program specific to show you are interested in the program. Looking back at past threads about Phase II, you'll probably want any advantage you can get applying to programs if there are over 100 people applying for one spot.

Has anyone heard from these locations?

South Texas VA (San Antonio)
Harris Health System (Houston)
Memorial Hermann SW (Houston)
Memorial Hermann Hospital System (Houston)
Houston Methodist
University of Texas Medical Branch- UTMB (Galveston)
University Health System (San Antonio)

Heard from Houston Methodist on 1/3 I believe and had my onsite on 1/13.

Still waiting to hear back from memorial Herman SW

On-campus invite to Florida Hosptial Orlando 1/23:)

When did you submit your app if you don't mind me asking? I sent everything in on 12/28 but haven't heard anything. Does that mean it's a rejection?

Any word from TN Valley VA, UT, or UTMC?

Heard from Houston Methodist on 1/3 I believe and had my onsite on 1/13.

Still waiting to hear back from memorial Herman SW

Ok, thanks so much. I haven't heard from either, but I'm guessing it's not looking good for Houston Methodist in particular lol

Glendale Adventist, Kaiser (Panorama, Fontana), VA San Diego, PIH, Providence Little Company of Mary, and Kindred.

Look a like we've applied to many of the same programs! I've also haven't heard from Glendale, Providence Little Company of Mary and Kindred. Based on last years interview invite thread, most of these didn't reach out until early February.

Has anyone heard from Suburban Hospital in Bethesda?

Ok, thanks so much. I haven't heard from either, but I'm guessing it's not looking good for Houston Methodist in particular lol

I think they have a rolling process for interviews. I interviewed with them at PPS so I think that's why I was in the first wave of interviews. They said they have 8 interview days and bring in 5 people per day. So they keep going right up until the end of February most likely. Still got some time.

Has anyone heard back from:

Virginia hospital center
Howard Univ in DC
Steward St. Elizabeth's Medical Center of Boston
Mount Auburn Hospital, MA
Hartford Hospital, CT
Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center, CT

Has anyone heard back from:

Virginia hospital center
Howard Univ in DC
Steward St. Elizabeth's Medical Center of Boston
Mount Auburn Hospital, MA
Hartford Hospital, CT
Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center, CT

waiting to hear back from Virginia hospital center as well, these northern Virginia hospitals are driving me crazy