Residency Interview Suits and Watches

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
short sleeve collared shirts. don't ever wear them. polos are different.

Is this even still a thing? Short sleeve collared shirts?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)

I have a couple that I still wear casually, but I bought them ten or so years ago and would be more likely to wear a polo. I certainly don't wear them to an event that is more professional or non-casual. I went to a wedding recently and was surprised to see people wearing jeans and short-sleeve collared shirts. I even saw one guy wearing a shirt and leather jacket with various writing on it. I've never felt that overdressed for a wedding.

yes and it's horrible
abd_1.jpg

Just out of curiosity, how would an Omega Seamaster be perceived? Not appropriate or fine? I don't have an expensive suit and don't really see the point of having one just yet, but I think earlier in this thread someone mentioned not wearing expensive items on interviews, so I thought I would ask. I wear my Fossil watch daily and don't think it would be a bad watch to wear with nice clothes. It's not a flashy watch but it does look nice for the value.
Badly. They'll think you're there for a diving interview.

Reactions: 1 user
the whole idea in general. there's 0 reason to wear a tie and have your arms exposed.

Agreed. I was focusing on the shirt itself, but I also wouldn't be the guy wearing more than one bracelet (that guy is wearing 5).

Hell what do they know?!! (Full disclosure: I haven't had time to read the whole article just something about doctors wearing business suits and stilettos and looking too busy to take care of their patients.)

My patients love my shoes and attire.

Here's today's selection. View attachment 187442

Looking sharp. Those heels are on point.:pompous:

short sleeve collared shirts. don't ever wear them. polos are different.

Definitely not with ties, but they can look good if they're fitted and well-filled out.

Hell what do they know?!! (Full disclosure: I haven't had time to read the whole article just something about doctors wearing business suits and stilettos and looking too busy to take care of their patients.)

That looks like sheer agony.

Also, extremely dangerous for those who get on your bad side.

do you register those things as weapons?