Residency Interview Suits and Watches

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Please, the Boston accent is 100X worse than ours, it hurts my ears. Yuck

The Boston accent is playing a big factor in deciding to do an away up there or not. Like nails on a chalkboard. Idk if I could grow to tolerate it

Reactions: 1 user
Went to this chain in SF called Super Duper Burger.

Now THAT was a good fast food burger.

I'm similarly underwhelmed by both five guys and I&O. Five guys fries win between the two, but I leave 5 guys feeling like a grease bomb just went off in my stomach.

NYC restaurants >>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CA restaurants

Members don't see this ad :)
LOL. No, I like you. Only certain type of New Yorkers.

How's this for NY demeanor? My nuts mother just google stalked my ex and his new wife and sent me a text that said "of COURSE he couldn't land himself another doctor, and she's the size of a small SUV. you lucked out!"
I can't even right now. Lol. She is the epitome of NY bitch(I love her, but she totally is)

Reactions: 2 users
Also, NY style Nutella pizza:
ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1414889320.505435.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
How's this for NY demeanor? My nuts mother just google stalked my ex and his new wife and sent me a text that said "of COURSE he couldn't land himself another doctor, and she's the size of a small SUV. you lucked out!"
I can't even right now. Lol. She is the epitome of NY bitch(I love her, but she totally is)
LOL!!! Your mom is awesome!!

Not as much of a ****hole as California. Or like... West Virginia. Or Americas Hat
California is a lot of things, but a ****hole it is not. Go to Orange County.

Or San Francisco. Or San Diego. Or Palm Springs. Or Tiburon. Or Healdsburg. Or Carmel. Or Pacific Palisades. Or Santa Barbara. Or...
How can this:
P1020694c.JPG

Compare to this?
slide_5.jpg

or this:
CALIF_Carmel%20Romantic.jpg

Or San Francisco. Or San Diego. Or Palm Springs. Or Tiburon. Or Healdsburg. Or Carmel. Or Pacific Palisades. Or Santa Barbara. Or...

Hey, that Riverside sounds wonderful. I should move there.

Oh god. Oh god. Why did I move to Riverside?

Hey, that Riverside sounds wonderful. I should move there.

Oh god. Oh god. Why did I move to Riverside?
Hey, no one mentioned the IE as representing the best of California. You gotta do your research.

Reminds me of a friend who scrambled into a Psych program at UCSF-Fresno. He thought, "this is fabulous, a gay man in San Francisco, I"ll fit right in!". Needless to say, he was a bit taken aback when he stepped off the plane at Fresno Air Terminal.

Hey, no one mentioned the IE as representing the best of California. You gotta do your research.

Reminds me of a friend who scrambled into a Psych program at UCSF-Fresno. He thought, "this is fabulous, a gay man in San Francisco, I"ll fit right in!". Needless to say, he was a bit taken aback when he stepped off the plane at Fresno Air Terminal.

I've been to Fresno a bunch of times....I like Fresno :D :D :D

Well, its not Bakersfield or Oildale, I guess.

I know it's supposed to be a ****hole but one of my best friends from dental school is from there so her entire extended fam is there and when I go, they make me feel like I'm at home so I sort of forget where I really am. A large part of my CA hatred just comes from the fact that it's so different from everything I'm familiar with, that it makes me feel weird and unsettled in this strange way that makes me want to come running back to NYC after like 2-3 days max. Oddly enough, I love traveling and don't feel this way anywhere else but in California

I know it's supposed to be a ****hole but one of my best friends from dental school is from there so her entire extended fam is there and when I go, they make me feel like I'm at home so I sort of forget where I really am.

Disclosure: I'm from the Central Valley and went to Fresno State for undergrad; my family still lives in the area.

A large part of my CA hatred just comes from the fact that it's so different from everything I'm familiar with, that it makes me feel weird and unsettled in this strange way that makes me want to come running back to NYC after like 2-3 days max. Oddly enough, I love traveling and don't feel this way anywhere else but in California

So because its so different you feel it necessary to malign it with comparisons to West Virginia? :p

Disclosure: I'm from the Central Valley and went to Fresno State for undergrad; my family still lives in the area.

I asked this somewhere else recently, but what constitutes 'central valley'? Is it anything between the Sierras and the coast? Does Sacramento count?

Also nobody has been able to explain to me why there is an extra 'ido' in coccidioidomycosis.

I asked this somewhere else recently, but what constitutes 'central valley'? Is it anything between the Sierras and the coast? Does Sacramento count?

Also nobody has been able to explain to me why there is an extra 'ido' in coccidioidomycosis.
The Central Valley = San Joaquin Valley; its south of the Sacramento Delta.

sanjoaquinvalleymap.jpg

Theoretically should end this thread, and all threads like it, but alas...

yeah, you're totally right! that site goes into such great detail into what one should wear at an interview. i particularly enjoyed how the site gives specifics in that a "dark suit" and "leather shoes" should be worn in a business formal setting.

/thread guys. no need to come back here

Reactions: 2 users
yeah, you're totally right! that site goes into such great detail into what one should wear at an interview. i particularly enjoyed how the site gives specifics in that a "dark suit" and "leather shoes" should be worn in a business formal setting.

Cue questions: how dark is dark enough, isn't black dark, do the shoes really have to be leather?

703 replies were certainly necessary to get you up to speed about what has been known about appropriate men's business dress since approximately 1946. My mistake.

Jerkface ><

703 replies were certainly necessary to get you up to speed about what has been known about appropriate men's business dress since approximately 1946. My mistake.

lol just messing with you. but honestly there's much more nuance to dressing and perhaps saying that a "conservative tie" isn't super helpful, which is why I would suspect people come to this thread (though we have been going off topic recently)

(men's) dress shoes:

leather sole vs rubber sole

Last edited: