Residency Question...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

The_Blue_Pill

P4 Pharmacy Student
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just wondering if residency programs find it beneficial if you state your class rank? Like if I am ranked 1,2,3 or 4 etc. Does that provide a benefit if you are ranked highly?
 
Not really. GPA will tell enough, and that sits way below work experience and actually doing things like posters and presentations.
 
I was just wondering if residency programs find it beneficial if you state your class rank? Like if I am ranked 1,2,3 or 4 etc. Does that provide a benefit if you are ranked highly?
GPA is one of the many aspects that residency will look at in your application. Most programs want a balanced individual with more then just a high GPA. I can name 3-4 students in my class that were Summa Cum Laude and did not attain a residency because grades was all they had.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For many residency programs I feel it works on two major sides.

One side of the committee will look at all the numbers, interview scores and what have you.

The other side of the table will be "yeah I like this guy I'd be able to stand him/her if they are with us for 1 year - seems cool".
 
For many residency programs I feel it works on two major sides.

One side of the committee will look at all the numbers, interview scores and what have you.

The other side of the table will be "yeah I like this guy I'd be able to stand him/her if they are with us for 1 year - seems cool".

the numbers get you the interview, the personality gets you the match