You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Residency Roll Call
Started by bananaface
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
bananaface said:For those of you who are currently in residency or who have completed residency, where is/was your residency? And, what type of residency was/is it?
Hi 'nanaface! Long time no post. This will serve as a lesson to all future residents. Politics can really screw with a good experience. My residency director left a few weeks ago for a higher level job in the department of veterans affairs in DC. This occured during a "storm" of bickering between clinical pharmacy and the director over everything from the operation of clinical pharmacy services, to the operation of the residency program. This has stewed beneath the surface prior to my arrival last summer. There was no way of knowing the extent of the animosity between certain factions when I interviewed last year. None of the former residents voiced anything in regards to problems in between preceptors and the director. All of this occured while I was off campus doing a drug information rotation at the U of U. It's been a hell of a distraction, but I'm pushing through, getting my CE seminar and research project completed so I can "get out of Dodge". We have an interim director right now, and he oughta be quite good...he used to direct the program years ago.
Oh, the question was where is it? 😉 VA Salt Lake City. Pharmacy Practice Residency (PGY1)
LVPharm said:Hi 'nanaface! Long time no post. This will serve as a lesson to all future residents. Politics can really screw with a good experience. My residency director left a few weeks ago for a higher level job in the department of veterans affairs in DC. This occured during a "storm" of bickering between clinical pharmacy and the director over everything from the operation of clinical pharmacy services, to the operation of the residency program. This has stewed beneath the surface prior to my arrival last summer. There was no way of knowing the extent of the animosity between certain factions when I interviewed last year. None of the former residents voiced anything in regards to problems in between preceptors and the director. All of this occured while I was off campus doing a drug information rotation at the U of U. It's been a hell of a distraction, but I'm pushing through, getting my CE seminar and research project completed so I can "get out of Dodge". We have an interim director right now, and he oughta be quite good...he used to direct the program years ago.
Oh, the question was where is it? 😉 VA Salt Lake City. Pharmacy Practice Residency (PGY1)
Where are you going next year? Another residency or into practice?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Glycerin said:Where are you going next year? Another residency or into practice?
Into consultant pharmacy practice, either in Salt Lake or Vegas.
LVPharm said:Hi 'nanaface! Long time no post. This will serve as a lesson to all future residents. Politics can really screw with a good experience. My residency director left a few weeks ago for a higher level job in the department of veterans affairs in DC. This occured during a "storm" of bickering between clinical pharmacy and the director over everything from the operation of clinical pharmacy services, to the operation of the residency program. This has stewed beneath the surface prior to my arrival last summer. There was no way of knowing the extent of the animosity between certain factions when I interviewed last year. None of the former residents voiced anything in regards to problems in between preceptors and the director. All of this occured while I was off campus doing a drug information rotation at the U of U. It's been a hell of a distraction, but I'm pushing through, getting my CE seminar and research project completed so I can "get out of Dodge". We have an interim director right now, and he oughta be quite good...he used to direct the program years ago.
Oh, the question was where is it? 😉 VA Salt Lake City. Pharmacy Practice Residency (PGY1)
Yikes, that sounds like a resident's nightmare. Hopefully it wasn't too much of a distraction. That can really ruin the learning atmosphere.
I'm glad to hear that everything is shaping back up. 🙂
bananaface said:I'm glad to hear that everything is shaping back up. 🙂
Thanks! I'm glad to hear it too 😉 It's a resolving issue at this point, but I'll be glad when it's all over. I've had a great experience overall during my residency, and have learned a great many things. Needless to say, I've got a few recommendations to make to our residency advisory committee before my time is up here. We are in the middle of interviews for next year's residents, and I've made it a point to been frank and direct with them.
me!bananaface said:For those of you who are currently in residency or who have completed residency, where is/was your residency? And, what type of residency was/is it?
You...?ultracet said:
couldn't be...!Glycerin said:You...?
could it?Abilify said:couldn't be...!
so i have a June 1 start date.... This means 11 days to graduate and rest and take the boards etc.
i probably wont even have all of my paperwork done by that point
and its a breed of a pharmacy practice residency
I may talk more about it later but then i'd be forced to "clean up my act" around here and we just can't have that.....
i probably wont even have all of my paperwork done by that point
and its a breed of a pharmacy practice residency
I may talk more about it later but then i'd be forced to "clean up my act" around here and we just can't have that.....
You could tell me and then I could tell them while pretending to be you and they'd never know it was you... unless they read this.ultracet said:so i have a June 1 start date.... This means 11 days to graduate and rest and take the boards etc.
i probably wont even have all of my paperwork done by that point
and its a breed of a pharmacy practice residency
I may talk more about it later but then i'd be forced to "clean up my act" around here and we just can't have that.....
lame...bananaface said:You could tell me and then I could tell them while pretending to be you and they'd never know it was you... unless they read this.
Playing the lame game, hm?Abilify said:lame...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bananaface said:Playing the lame game, hm?
I think he was talking about his avatar.
Yeah. This one really blows.Glycerin said:I think he was talking about his avatar.![]()
![]()
Like I should be talking. Have you seen the pre-eaten photo of mine?
bananaface said:Yeah. This one really blows.
Like I should be talking. Have you seen the pre-eaten photo of mine?
Yeah. And my first thought was, "I wonder if that's a carrot cake?
" Am I right?It is. One of my friends asked for carrot cake for his birthday so I thought I'd spice it up.Moxxie said:Yeah. And my first thought was, "I wonder if that's a carrot cake?" Am I right?
bananaface said:It is. One of my friends asked for carrot cake for his birthday so I thought I'd spice it up.
![]()
ROFL! Did you have little bunny cupcakes hopping around a few weeks later?
No. Another friend asked for carrot cake for his b-day a month later. I considered it, but was too lazy.Moxxie said:ROFL! Did you have little bunny cupcakes hopping around a few weeks later?
I see this residency roll call was quite successful..... 😉
Just looking for more info.
Maybe later, I guess.
Just looking for more info.
Maybe later, I guess.
bananaface said:It is. One of my friends asked for carrot cake for his birthday so I thought I'd spice it up.
![]()
OMG .... that is soooo funny!

Back to the original topic... 😉
Match just occurred a few weeks ago. Will anyone here (other than ultracet) be starting a residency this summer?
Match just occurred a few weeks ago. Will anyone here (other than ultracet) be starting a residency this summer?
*bump*
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 4K